Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all Amateur photographers.

it's not about the equipment,

it's about the user.

give me a $10000 camera i also cannot produce professional standard photographs

I never feel so.

If it is "photography" in your interests, lets compared and learn from our final piece of product - the photo and Not the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by nickpower
    Hi, have u guys been intimidated by those big zoom lens and expensive cameras when u go for events or photoshooting?
    gee.... why bother? i shoot with my stuff and they shoot with their stuff. Happy can liaoz. Of course you happen to share the same system, then can also try out their lenses.

it seems like in the end, it all abt the user and not the camera...

Quote Originally Posted by nickpower
    it seems like in the end, it all abt the user and not the camera...

Thank goodness!!!

Default photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    u should try joining a model shoot. i had a lot of fun joining the model shoot at the zoo, using an oly c4000 (focusing time slower than G5). the model will hold her pose for several seconds before changing it, so there is plenty of time for you to frame the shot, pre-focus, and shoot. you won't be in the way of others becos every photog will have a chance to get in close to photograph the model. your G5 will definitely give you excellent pics.

I went for a photoshoot using fujipix f602z. When i click on the release the model showing on my lcd was smiling, when the pic got saved, she was frowning....

Quote Originally Posted by DennisLee
    I went for a photoshoot using fujipix f602z. When i click on the release the model showing on my lcd was smiling, when the pic got saved, she was frowning....
    shutter lag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisLee
    try pre-focusing on the model. that will reduce the shutter lag from 1 second to 0.1 second... enough time to capture her smile. model shoots are much easier to photograph using a digicam than say, running kids/moving targets.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    brudders, it's all in the mind!
    Intimidation is a result of self-deprivation/no confidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12