Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

  1. #1
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    I'm thinking of going down to Shanghai China for the world expo in May.

    Any cheap hotels to recommend.

    TIA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,431

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I'm thinking of going down to Shanghai China for the world expo in May.

    Any cheap hotels to recommend.

    TIA.
    http://www.homeinns.com

    Public listed company in NEsdaq. Cheap and gd philosophy. RUn by Singaporeans.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  3. #3
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Thanks for the heads up bro.

    Any other hotel to recommend ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    http://www.homeinns.com

    Public listed company in NEsdaq. Cheap and gd philosophy. RUn by Singaporeans.

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Motel 168.

    Cheap and good. All over shanghai. See:
    http://www.motel168.com/Map/shanghai/2.html

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    719

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    丽府酒店, along Nanjing Xi Lu and opposite the Shanghai TV Station.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Motel 168.

    Cheap and good. All over shanghai. See:
    http://www.motel168.com/Map/shanghai/2.html
    Yes. Look for the one closer to Metro station.

  7. #7
    Senior Member oracle0711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Settling down in Punggol
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Go ctrip.com and do your search and booking. I always use them for all my frequent trips to China.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East , Singapore
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711 View Post
    Go ctrip.com and do your search and booking. I always use them for all my frequent trips to China.
    may consider this trip too .... thanx for the nice website ... oracle
    冰時 | timefreeze

  9. #9

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    With regards,
    Nick Peh

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Quote Originally Posted by timefreeze View Post
    may consider this trip too .... thanx for the nice website ... oracle
    If using ctrip, it is better to use the chinese version, as more options will be available.

    The english version is very limited in choices and search results.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    There are many cheap hotels in Shanghai. But if u need more list here it is that i know
    Shanghai Hotels Hope this helps

  12. #12
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Many thanks all to the website links and suggestions.

    Keep them coming.

    Cheers.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    Bro, Expo period all hotels will raise price as it is peak period. It's better to book early. Those budget hotels like homeinns offer free internet. For regular hotel (3 stars and above does not necessary comes with internet). Important thing to take note is the location, is it near MRT station. Expo is on Pudong side, so you can search for hotels near Exop area or choose a hotel near MRT station(might be further away but better availabilty). From what i know it won't be cheap as compared to normal days.

  14. #14
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Expo 2010 Shanghai China

    I concur that the prices will go up for the World expo.

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by All Blue View Post
    Bro, Expo period all hotels will raise price as it is peak period. It's better to book early. Those budget hotels like homeinns offer free internet. For regular hotel (3 stars and above does not necessary comes with internet). Important thing to take note is the location, is it near MRT station. Expo is on Pudong side, so you can search for hotels near Exop area or choose a hotel near MRT station(might be further away but better availabilty). From what i know it won't be cheap as compared to normal days.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •