Thread: shadows

Default shadows

hi!

Need help with my photos.

1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this? Can spot meter help? If I PP the shadows, what software and what feature to use?

2) I just realized that my backgrounds are saturated. exposure is ok but I want it to be somehow washed out. Is this achievable during actual shoot? or if PP is neede,how to go about this?

Default Re: shadows

post the photos up here so that we can advise further.

ya, do post the photo here.
    I wanna learn to overcome too.
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
    1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this? Can spot meter help? If I PP the shadows, what software and what feature to use?
    Change your angle to avoid shadows, or to fill in some flash at the shadow side. Metering is just to help you to get a correct exposure, not to overcome the problem when the F-stop difference is too large.

2) I just realized that my backgrounds are saturated. exposure is ok but I want it to be somehow washed out. Is this achievable during actual shoot? or if PP is neede,how to go about this?
    That would be picture control (Nikon's term) which you are using. But with the in-body processing, you can't choose the part to be washed out, as the whole image will be "processed" to the colour mode you have set.
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this?
    If the sunlight is coming from that lower angle it would have a different colour temperature than your flash. A simple reflector can help here to reduce shadows. Otherwise use a different angle if possible.
    EOS

Blog Entries

pls post the image in this thread and MOVE the thread to Critique
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

ok.i will create a thread in critic corner. thanks.

Fill in light will eliminate the shadows..