Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar 3D

Default Avatar 3D

Hi guys,

OK I'm a bit WOLS but going to watch Avatar 3D. Just a question, as I've never been to watch a 3D movie before, will they supply 3D glasses or am I expected to being my own? What's the experience like. Does it induce vomitting or headaches after long periods of time?

Default Re: Avatar 3D

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Hi guys,

OK I'm a bit WOLS but going to watch Avatar 3D. Just a question, as I've never been to watch a 3D movie before, will they supply 3D glasses or am I expected to being my own? What's the experience like. Does it induce vomitting or headaches after long periods of time?
    3D glass provided hence the higher ticket price. Some folks may take away glass after extended period wearing it due to not being able to adjust to the new way of seeing movies.
    I don't think its comfortable if the show is too long.

Hey, 3D Glasses will be provided. An additional of $3 more per tix. Like teowws said, you'll get tired after wearing it too long.

they provide the eyepiece.
    but i agree it might be a bit nauseating if you watch for too long using the glass.

ok leh, i lasted the whole show with the glasses on, atop some tissue papers on my nose bridge! hahahaha

fantastic movie!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Yeah, it was great but it came with a price ... not the extra charges but a stiff neck ...

Meh. It's like "dances with wolves" mixed with "the last samurai" set in space.

Nice visuals, but a far too predictable plot (since it's a lot like the US aggression against the native americans in the "wild west" era, or the spaniards against the south american tribes).
    Alpha

wear your usual spectacles to the movie if you have one. I wore contact lenses instead and felt really uncomfortable with the 3D glasses. Wearing the 3D glasses on top of your spectacles makes it feel like youre not wearing anything at all!

i thought wearing contacts made it feel better. the 3D specs over the spectacles can be abit tight and uncomfortable.

The 3D was ok for me (me and my wife are regular 3D movie goers ), and the free tics i got made Avatar all sweeter. But i got a friend who sat thru the entire Avatar 3D and had bad giddiness and headache because he could not take the 3D!

ryan

uh oh....
    Taiwan man dies after watching 'Avatar'
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/10011..._avatar_taiwan

Thanks for the reply guys. Watching it tonight. Hope I don't die.

Does all the cinemas offer the 3D mode for this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Does all the cinemas offer the 3D mode for this movie?
    Nope! Better check on the online booking for that cinema to see if there's a 3D option.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Hi guys,

Its supplied..
    U r being paranoid.. I wore it throughout, it's quite comfortable though heavy..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

After wearing and seeing through it for about less than half hour, you will get used to the "3D" effect and thats where the immersion comes in.

So much so that when you remove them at the end of the film, you'll find yourself staring at a "2D" screen with the credits rolling.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

my friend's friend said he was depressed because avatar didn't get bombed

my friend asked him why, he said "oh, it's just a boring planet with plants, they should just destroy it"

i didn't watch the show, so i don't know what he's talking about!

Another member of an "Avatar" forum, named Ellie said: "When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed...grey.

"It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning.

"It just seems so...meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep...doing things at all. I live in a dying world."
    she needs to leave in london, then her world back home will seem less grey

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    uh oh....
    Taiwan man dies after watching 'Avatar'
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/10011..._avatar_taiwan
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    my friend's friend said he was depressed because avatar didn't get bombed

my friend asked him why, he said "oh, it's just a boring planet with plants, they should just destroy it"

i didn't watch the show, so i don't know what he's talking about!
    See, watch too much "Blue" films la!!!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Actually Pandora is a moon of a planet, though I'll have to say that Avatar is extremely overrated and does not deserve to win any awards for it other than one for visual effects.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast