Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a bottled drink without caps - discuss

Default Re: Getting a bottled drink without caps - discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

On a personal note, If I was running the school canteen the kids would only be fed slops and leftovers ... to toughen them up a bit.

in today's world, the kids will go home and sulk and pout and grovel and roll around on the floor in front of their parents..

the parents will complain to the school

and the school will change you in a jiffy!

Quote Originally Posted by kaixiang View Post

I can't imagine the canteen operators trying to store drinks without bottle cap. Even drinks like green tea go bad in less than a week if not stored properly.
    i had a friend in school who kept lemon tea in his locker for a term, opened.

the locker was also in a relatively warm place as it got to bathe in the sun.

i think when he opened it he had the best smelling lemon beer ever, there was a whiff of lemon and alcohol floating in the air.

i don't know what happened after that, but i think the story was that he drank it all and enjoyed it. he's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    The rationale was that students aren't supposed to consume flavored drinks in the classroom especially when the teacher is doing stuff. It's disrespectful (?) says the school, and while that might hold true, the more important reason is that the bottles are left there under the tables or on the floors and the cleaners have a hard time.
    it is more to do with cleanliness, i think.. like you say.

that would be a better rationale i guess, something that makes more sense than disrespect. after all, a drink is a drink is a drink. does not matter if it is plain water or green tea.

that said, i think food is a no no. i used to get distracted in class when the guy next to me would eat chicken wings. suddenly whatever the teacher was talking about made no sense and my mind would be filled with food.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i don't know what happened after that, but i think the story was that he drank it all and enjoyed it. he's still alive.
    ah alive? how many times he got to see the GP or school nurse?

So everytime those student had to shout "YUM SING: and bottom up their drink, when the end of recess bell go off.

TS info is good for the students too. If the school has teached the students that prolong storage of uncapped drinks is bad and should the student insisted of doing so, it means the students are at fault.

Besides bringing soft/can drinks into class and consumed there is not correct to begin with. So pour them into their own water canister instead. These issue have been evolved and resolved 30years ago in primarily school, are the new generation people becoming ancient again. I think so.

Public caning will solve the problem... LOL!

TS.. mind telling us which school implemented such stupid rules? if i have kids i will definitely not sent them there to study...

Well, its actually a common rule with 1 main purpose, "to keep the ants away".
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    Well, its actually a common rule with 1 main purpose, "to keep the ants away".
    ermm.. should coffee shop and cafe implement such rules to keep the ants away?

"No food or drinks allowed"
    Fine $500

Another possibility, the school or institute is planning to do secret project that involves using lots of bottle caps. Thus take this opportunity to collect them.

Here is an extremely complex technique call caps collection. Now follow the steps very carefully students, with the assumption that it is pet bottle and not glass bottle.

1) Buy the bottle drink of your liking from supermarket etc.
    2) Consume the drink and keep the cap.
    3) You will have to buy a couple of brands so that the logo will be the same.
    4) After you have purchased the bottled drink from the canteen, take your spare identical cap, wash it (remember germs germs) and close it.
    5) Oh, you can always leave the supermarket sticker on the cap to show that it is purchased outside the compound, thus not subjected to restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    5) Oh, you can always leave the supermarket sticker on the cap to show that it is purchased outside the compound, thus not subjected to restriction.
    Then there will be new rule.....no outside food and drink allowed in the canteen.

just bring a bottle cap to school lah!!!!so simple.

Quick!

Do MO, pass off as some swanky wind bottle capper and make tons of moolah! Can buy more L lenses!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/24...e_stopple.html

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i had a friend in school who kept lemon tea in his locker for a term, opened.

the locker was also in a relatively warm place as it got to bathe in the sun.

i think when he opened it he had the best smelling lemon beer ever, there was a whiff of lemon and alcohol floating in the air.

My experience keeping 1.5l green tea back when I was in army turned out totally different. Must be something to do with the bottle cap or timing. I will definitely try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoooters View Post
    ermm.. should coffee shop and cafe implement such rules to keep the ants away?
    Not a very fair comparison isn't it? In a F&B establishment, there are waiters and cleaners to keep the place clean by clearing tables, etc. In a school, the cleaners keep the common areas like corridors, canteen and toilets clean while the students are expected to keep their own classroom clean. The way I see it, the rule was probably started because some previous batch of student failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kaixiang View Post
    Not a very fair comparison isn't it? In a F&B establishment, there are waiters and cleaners to keep the place clean by clearing tables, etc. In a school, the cleaners keep the common areas like corridors, canteen and toilets clean while the students are expected to keep their own classroom clean. The way I see it, the rule was probably started because some previous batch of student failed to do so.
    One example from the F&B establishment. Sakura at Punggol Marina. the staff at the drink counter will open all can drinks that you had ordered which i dislike..because...
    1) hygiene issue: i don't know if their hand are cleaned.
    2) they don't serve your drinks to your table.. you have to self service..what if the customer accidentally trip and fall.. all the can drinks will be gone..

i wonder whats their reason for doing this..? keep the ants away?
    Last edited by Shoooters; 21st January 2010 at 09:45 AM.

Verdict of this topic. Resistant is futile.

Why is it wrong to drink in the classroom?
    Thristy = drink lah!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast