Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leave from NS to study?

Default Re: Leave from NS to study?

TS buddy, better visit cmpb and ask and request to be defer until the sept or august batch, if not there is a high chance u might "miss" ur exam..
    not to impress but shoot to express

TS - i would still suggest writing in to your CO or Mindef. seriously it cost nothing and there's no harm trying. don't ask don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    TS - i would still suggest writing in to your CO or Mindef. seriously it cost nothing and there's no harm trying. don't ask don't get.
    You wanna get him possibly charged?

2 weeks off is very unlikely. Exam leave for that day yes with proper proof from the recognised institute only. Talk to your PC at your new posting.
    Assume possible, you will need to inform your school ahead with your replacement credentials if IC is used instead of school photo pass + entry proof.

After ORD from BMT, there is a short leave (1 week I think). But it is very difficult to confirm now unless you have gotten approval paper from CMPB because nobody will know your posting.

You must write in to CMPB as early as possible, once you are in you have to follow the
    bureaucracy, eg talk to PC then he talk to OC then up and up which can take forever. Even with CMPB, must call them if you dont get any answer.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

dont bother talking to oc or ur pc, they wont risk, taking up the "risk" in case anything happen to you new recruits. go directly to cmpb, that is the place where civilian fight for freedom!
    not to impress but shoot to express

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    You wanna get him possibly charged?
    charged for what? for asking? for what offence? has he awol and gone on leave?

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    charged for what? for asking? for what offence? has he awol and gone on leave?
    For ignoring the chain of command. Not my rule, their rule.

How about defering your NS. Still in the service. Personally, I think it is impossible. They will never give you off to study. Not even 3 days, what is 2 weeks. Somemore you're still new soldier, if nearing ORD date they still might give you (after you accumulate many offs and be a obedient soldier)

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    For ignoring the chain of command. Not my rule, their rule.
    technically TS doesn't have a CO cos he hasn't enlisted. So who do you think is the next chain of command? CMPB should be the correct channel to write to.

in any case, i have written in before, right after my BMT as well as during reservist to study. and on both occasions they were approved.

You got approved twice doesn't mean TS can get approval. His best bet now is to write in to cmpb for a deferment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12