Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: photography cum trekking in Nepal

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,405

    Default photography cum trekking in Nepal

    Hi,

    I am trying to plan out a trekking trip in Nepal and looking for travelmates who are interested in trekking and photography (2 - 4 pax to go).

    Traveling period from March to April 2010.
    should be taking on 14D to 16D Everest Base Camp or Annurpurna Sanctuary Trek.
    budgets not more than $2400

    I will firm up this trip by 31 Jan 2010
    Interested party, please PM or email me @ 29tim05@gmail.com

    and anyone can tip me any good agencies for trekking in nepal. thanks in advance
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    Quote Originally Posted by 29tim05 View Post
    Hi,

    I am trying to plan out a trekking trip in Nepal and looking for travelmates who are interested in trekking and photography (2 - 4 pax to go).

    Traveling period from March to April 2010.
    should be taking on 14D to 16D Everest Base Camp or Annurpurna Sanctuary Trek.
    budgets not more than $2400

    I will firm up this trip by 31 Jan 2010
    Interested party, please PM or email me @ 29tim05@gmail.com

    and anyone can tip me any good agencies for trekking in nepal. thanks in advance
    I would recommend going during June-July instead of Mar-April.

  3. #3

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    June to Sep is the start of the summer monsoon season. Weather is humid and the rain might affect your photographic opportunities. Also, you tend to get heavy clouds in the mornings and late evenings (during golden hour), which will severely affect your visibility.

    Best time to visit Nepal is still from Oct to Dec, although its the main tourist season and prices are usually jacked up during this time. Mar to Apr is also another decent time as its not that touristy (spring time!), and you can still get decent visibility up in the mountains. Temperatures are also milder and pathways are easier to walk.

    Hope that helps!
    Last edited by SgTrekker; 29th January 2010 at 12:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,405

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    I would recommend going during June-July instead of Mar-April.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgTrekker View Post
    June to Sep is the start of the summer monsoon season. Weather is humid and the rain might affect your photographic opportunities. Also, you tend to get heavy clouds in the mornings and late evenings (during golden hour), which will severely affect your visibility.

    Best time to visit Nepal is still from Oct to Dec, although its the main tourist season and prices are usually jacked up during this time. Mar to Apr is also another decent time as its not that touristy (spring time!), and you can still get decent visibility up in the mountains. Temperatures are also milder and pathways are easier to walk.

    Hope that helps!
    thanks
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    Quote Originally Posted by SgTrekker View Post
    June to Sep is the start of the summer monsoon season. Weather is humid and the rain might affect your photographic opportunities. Also, you tend to get heavy clouds in the mornings and late evenings (during golden hour), which will severely affect your visibility.

    Best time to visit Nepal is still from Oct to Dec, although its the main tourist season and prices are usually jacked up during this time. Mar to Apr is also another decent time as its not that touristy (spring time!), and you can still get decent visibility up in the mountains. Temperatures are also milder and pathways are easier to walk.

    Hope that helps!
    Ah okay, for some reason my friend had fantastic views when he went in July this year.

  6. #6

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    Actually it depends on which part of Nepal u visit. If you're going to the Everest region, stick to Mar-Apr and Oct-Dec. If you're going to the Lang Tang valley region further up north, Jun-July you might still get decent weather. For Annapurna, Oct-Dec is still the best, esp. if you're doing the circuit, but for the base camp trek, early June is still possible, July to Sep, the clouds set in and it can be disappointing in the mornings.

    But then again, these are just based on weather guides and my experience (been up there 4 times). Given the recent climate shifts, it may not also be wrong to assume that the Monsoon will arrive a little later than usual...

    At the end of the day, Nepal is still a beautiful country to visit, and a trek into the mountain ranges will give you a very close local perspective. I also believe that as a photographer, the challenge is the ability to still take good photos, regardless of weather conditions Have fun!

  7. #7

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    and beware the leeches

  8. #8

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    I got a very good tour guide from Nepal. You can contact him ,maybe you can save some money also. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai.../rajendra.pant

  9. #9

    Default Re: photography cum trekking in Nepal

    For Annapurna, Dec actually is a low period. As we walked along the route in Dec 2009, many guest houses were closed for business. At each time only around 2 guest houses are open and they take turns.
    Come visit my blog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •