Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How come the price of older models dslr and second hand dlsr are still high?

Default Re: How come the price of older models dslr and second hand dlsr are still high?

Checking his posts in cs, it appears that TS is not a local resident. He'll be visiting Sinapore coming Feb and will be doing some shopping here. Good for our GDP, so let give him a smile...

Default Re: How come the price of older models dslr and second hand dlsr are still high?

dumb.....thread.....still wondering why the MODs are not moderating what is happening here.

If he is complaining about the pricing in Singapore... why he want to buy over in Singapore where in the US, he can get it cheaper. US$ to SIN$ not much of a different. And I dun understand why he want to buy a 2nd hand DSLR where he can get a brand new one since he is complaining about the pricing difference between a 450D & 500D used DSLR. He mentioned Canon & Nikon should follow Lecia. Buy a LECIA than dude...if you can afford. Money is in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahahah yeah yeah I agree... "like new never used"..... must have been ROTTING in the dry box

"NEVER USED" is a total lie anyway... I think it's almost impossible to buy something and NEVER USE it... especially if it's designed to be used (not like an artwork hanging on the wall)... Then why buy it in the first place?
    U should go orchard and see DSLR neckless. People hang DSLR on their neck but nv shoot, PS but I actually tried to stalk a uncle with 5D on his neck of app an hour and he nv even lift up his cam to shoot a photo while walking around shopping...

There are people who buy DSLR and thinks that having one wlll grant him aura and power to shoot like a pro, only to find it bulky and troublesome to bring aound. Speaking of divine rapier for DOTA....

Because people are still willing to pay that kind of price for the older model and second hand DSLRs?
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    U should go orchard and see DSLR neckless. People hang DSLR on their neck but nv shoot, PS but I actually tried to stalk a uncle with 5D on his neck of app an hour and he nv even lift up his cam to shoot a photo while walking around shopping...

There are people who buy DSLR and thinks that having one wlll grant him aura and power to shoot like a pro, only to find it bulky and troublesome to bring aound. Speaking of divine rapier for DOTA....
    At least divine rapier are dropped when dead. (:
    You cant kill a person!At least not legally....

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post

I was wondering how come DSLR had neck, such that it can be neckless...
    You meant necklace, right??

OT here: How come so many people walk around in shopping centres with their "DSLR necklace" uncapped (exposing the front of the lens)? They don't look like they're waiting for a photo op to come by...

ps: what is divine rapier for DOTA...? Sorry if I sound a bit "mountain tortoise"...
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyuboentaran View Post
    How come obsolete cameras such as 5d, 450d, and some others that have been replaced by new models still commands high price? some of these cameras are old stock but their prices are like new prices.

The prices of second hand dlsr, regardless of condition, is absurd. these are digital rot but manufacturers and sellers refuse to treat these older dlsr as such.

new models just adds more useless features that 90% of the time photographers don't even use or know how to use. DSLR has become so complicated that it takes more and more time to change a setting and to scroll down endless menus.

Canon and Nikon should copy Leica's M9 ergonomics, but no, Canon and Nikon needs to add gimmicks in order to sell more cameras. Bogus!
    What you talking? What?
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Guess TS got cheese off as no one wants to buy his 'mint' Nikon F3HP that's why he's kicking up a big fuzz

Be realistic TS, digital technology changes are as fast as you can catch up so why not
    be like me still shooting film and leave digital technology to others
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by jaRv1s View Post
    don't like the price of second hand stuffs then don't buy... kao peh kao bu here won't help...
    very best!!!

Here's a forum that talk shop on Divine Rapier in DOTA:

http://www.dotastrategy.com/item-35-DivineRapier.html

Anyway we're still online while TS has logged off and gone to bed...

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post

i saw him reading other threads online for v long this evening and not coming back to MAKE HIS STAND!
    He is just trying to create a BUZZZ in the forum.
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyuboentaran View Post
    How come obsolete cameras such as 5d, 450d, and some others that have been replaced by new models still commands high price? some of these cameras are old stock but their prices are like new prices.

The prices of second hand dlsr, regardless of condition, is absurd. these are digital rot but manufacturers and sellers refuse to treat these older dlsr as such.

new models just adds more useless features that 90% of the time photographers don't even use or know how to use. DSLR has become so complicated that it takes more and more time to change a setting and to scroll down endless menus.

Canon and Nikon should copy Leica's M9 ergonomics, but no, Canon and Nikon needs to add gimmicks in order to sell more cameras. Bogus!
    m9 ergonomics?

hello, you are talking about a rangefinder versus a slr, i don't think you know what you are talking about.

about "useless features", that's more of the fault of the user than the camera. that said, i agree that there is a problem of the more popular brands carrying out what is known in other industries as "pixie dusting", i.e. no significant improvement, but regular updates to products for the sake of "new releases", with promises of added bells and whistles that do little for most people.

5d is not obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post

rofl, what does this have to do with the thread

btw, if you check his earlier posts, he has an obsession with CPL

he is so obsessed with it you might think that he invested in stocks for CPL

Hello, abimanyuboentaran.
    I have never said this to any ClubSNAP users before. But I apologise that I have to say this to you:
    I don't know who you are. But the way you come ramming into the forum and in so many of your threads,
    started off with an un-ending list of seemingly un-linked complains makes me seriously worried about your
    current state.

(I am putting this gentleman on my Ignore List.)

Go home, clueless troll.

Sayonara abimanyuboentaran

This is what you get when you join just to troll

Blog Entries

1. flame baiting
    2. illogical arguments
    3. contradictory
    4. jackass-like behavior

is not good .......... infraction served
    Last edited by ed9119; 19th January 2010 at 09:13 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

i tot high 2nd hand camera stuff prices is good for the owners (and you too)? So that u can still 'cover' a bit for your upgrade purchases. If camera prices are like computers.... 50% discount after 1 year then would u still wanna own a DSLR? or even upgrade? Why criticize something that is good for owners? It protects the value of our purchase. Weird thinking of the TS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast