Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritating old photographer at Vivocity...

Default Irritating old photographer at Vivocity...

Went to Vivocity to shoot Fuzhou dance just now.Manage to find a front spot next to the left of a old photographer.
    When the show start all was going smoothly until the old man decided to shoot portrait. His dammed flash was pointing straight at me using me as bounce wall. This goes on for sometime until cannot tahan already.Kindly asked him to point the flash head to the front and stop using me as a bounce wall.
    KNN he got the cheek to say that "it's his style of shooting, if I don't like can go away"
    Hear already dammed tulan. Now my turn to shoot portrait with my flash pointing straight at him and start flashing to show him how irritating flash can get so close to your face.
    Lucky for him he kept quite. If he asked me to turn my flash to the front, I would told him "it's my style of shooting! if you don't like it ***** off"
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

Default Re: Irritating old photographer at Vivocity...

Quote Originally Posted by digital601 View Post
    Went to Vivocity to shoot Fuzhou dance just now.Manage to find a front spot next to the left of a old photographer.
    When the show start all was going smoothly until the old man decided to shoot portrait. His dammed flash was pointing straight at me using me as bounce wall. This goes on for sometime until cannot tahan already.Kindly asked him to point the flash head to the front and stop using me as a bounce wall.
    KNN he got the cheek to say that "it's his style of shooting, if I don't like can go away"
    Hear already dammed tulan. Now my turn to shoot portrait with my flash pointing straight at him and start flashing to show him how irritating flash can get so close to your face.
    Lucky for him he kept quite. If he asked me to turn my flash to the front, I would told him "it's my style of shooting! if you don't like it ***** off"
    he must be proud tht he have influenced some one to shoot with his style

did u zoom the flash head to max at set full power?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

next time bring a portable strobe.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    next time bring a portable strobe.
    that one over kill liao lar, may be just use metz 60 hammer flash?

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    And shoot at full power
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

did u zoom the flash head to max at set full power?
    i was going to ask u this too.
    revenge is always sweeter.

nex time, jus shoot ur flash at him.dun care.

set the red-eye reduction on so the modellin flash will 'interrupt' him too
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

issit the one who tied his flashes with rubber bands ?

Wah lao... What camera he using???

Bounce light also cannot bounce properly. Should tell him straight in the face, he is unpolite at all. Take his photo and show his face for us to know...

Blast at his face with flash set at full blast with FEC+MAX
    Last edited by hanqiang1011; 18th January 2010 at 06:07 PM.

make sure next time ur speedlight/bounce card is long enough to block his lens. or better still, bring a friend to hold a reflector in front of him.
    sigh.

all these old unker damn thick skin one lah...dats y he never complain when the flash "hit" him...

Thank you for support, I'll just let this incident pass.
    Just my luck to meet such photographer.
    Next time bring dark sun glass along
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

WAH heheh you want to use the power of THOR on him har? hahah....

i think it should be interesting how the uncle's photos turns out, since he claim thats his style, should be something uncommon right?

use mirror shield to reflect all his flash back at him

should get an optical slaved speedlight to sync with his flash, just to mess his exposure up.. heh heh..

Fwah, combine ALL the suggestions: THOR hammerhead at full blast on a mirror reflector connected to a optical slave and pointed backwards directly into his face/lens with additional studio flash and reflector surrounding him! Then post up his photo on CS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Fwah, combine ALL the suggestions: THOR hammerhead at full blast on a mirror reflector connected to a optical slave and pointed backwards directly into his face/lens with additional studio flash and reflector surrounding him! Then post up his photo on CS!
    He will be overexposed la...
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

surround him with ring of flash set to slave mode.

just dance in front of him lor... it's a public place, no one can stop no one from pacing anywhere, if he is not considerate, u say u are moving to another position lor
    蓮花仙子

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast