Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i luv my country very much :)

Default Re: i luv my country very much :)

Quote Originally Posted by startrails View Post
    i love it when i can walk home along the streets @ 3 am in the morning knowing i won't get robbed..
    This is a fallacy... keep trying and your luck may run out.

heck, we don't even have disasters, less the financial meltdown, if it were to be considered one.
    Ya, that has been disastrous in itself.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    This is a fallacy... keep trying and your luck may run out.
    He can either run very fast or he knows Kungfu.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    siao.

not interested. there are far more rewarding ways to make the world a better place.
    If you stand in 蔡厝港 as a candidate.

I'll get all my buddies buddies to vote for you.

i love it when i can walk home along the streets @ 3 am in the morning knowing i won't get robbed..

There's a price to pay for living in a such security. heck, we don't even have disasters, less the financial meltdown, if it were to be considered one.

Singapore's a good place to live in, BUT, you would need lots of $$.
    Depends on how attractive you are to robbers and why you are there. Try walking in the backlanes of geylang and little india or industrial estates after midnite. You may be safe mostly, but it takes only one incident to make you feel otherwise..
    There are snatch theft and robberies in Singapore.

I do take a camera and snap as I walk on the streets in china past midnight. So far, I had not been attacked. Well, I dress down and do not get distracted by lure for prostitution or cheapies or fun.
    But I do arm myself just in case I get attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Excuse Me.... I don't remember EVER posting the above quote you added in post (#24)... my England not so powerful, and I don't write in this way.... I don't even use the word "actually". Can you explain WHY you add my NICK as the one who wrote the above qoute ??

Care to add a link for me to check if I DID wrote the above qoute ??
    Hey my apologies. I must have mix up the post using the multi-quote function.

It was posted by another forumer wildsoyabean.

paiseh paiseh

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    Hey my apologies. I must have mix up the post using the multi-quote function.

It was posted by another forumer wildsoyabean.

paiseh paiseh

Thxs..... this clear the mess up. Do edit Post #24.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

There's a price to pay for living in a such security. heck, we don't even have disasters, less the financial meltdown, if it were to be considered one.

Singapore's a good place to live in, BUT, you would need lots of $$.
    I guess there is no need to emphasize the good security and lack of natural disasters in S'pore, these are things that are definitely good and treasured by everyone here.

What that is making life more and more difficult are the controversial policies made by the ruling party, who only seem to care about their own pockets.

1) Influx of foreigners
    They keep repeating these people are here to fill up jobs like cleaning, construction etc. But seriously, are these the only places you see them? I see China Chinese in basically every single type of job available here. Who do not agree this?

2) Cost of housing
    I might be able to understand the ridiculous price of resale flat (I still dun agree that non-citizens can buy HDB flats) due to free market. But why are new HDB flats pegged to market rate also?? Many young couples now face 30 yrs housing loan, if they are even lucky enough to get a new flat. Most will not have much left CPF left after that.

3) CPF withdrawal
    Why the ever-increasing CPF withdrawal age, and not allowing lump-sum withdrawal? Do you really believe the actual reason is because they are afraid old men will have their money cheated by China women? Or simply because they need more money for 'some' investing companies?

4) No minimum wage policy & job security
    With readily available cheaper labour options, wages will remain stagnant for years to come. S'poreans will continue to lose their jobs as they get older and more expensive. We are told to be cheaper, faster & better, but why aren't the people on top leading by example?

If these goes on, i really pity the next few generations who will become slaves in this elitist society, working till their last breath to maintain the economic numbers but reducing quality of life.
    Last edited by UandMe; 19th January 2010 at 10:04 AM.

3) CPF withdrawal
    Why the ever-increasing CPF withdrawal age, and not allowing lump-sum withdrawal?
    This is what I am most pissed off about.

../azul123

They say, beggars can't be choosers. I have a solution for all of you feeling the pinch:

1. Work hard.
    2. Spend wisely.
    3. Save little by little.
    4. Buy only what you need.
    5. Don't anyhow 'invest' your money.
    6. Keep fit and stay healthy.
    7. Patience pays.
    8. Smokers, quit smoking. (I did)
    9. Got problems? Find the solution then go bark at the right tree.
    10. If things don't work out, its not the end of the world. Keep trying.

Cheers.

3) CPF withdrawal
    Why the ever-increasing CPF withdrawal age, and not allowing lump-sum withdrawal? Do you really believe the actual reason is because they are afraid old men will have their money cheated by China women?
    if this is true it shows how much really we are trusted to take care our own money
    but then again I have heard (and see - just go to kopitiam around heartland neighborhood at night la eat rojak at 11:00pm) ...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    This is what I am most pissed off about.

../azul123
    Actually, after thinking about it long and hard, I gave up thinking about my CPF money altogether. It (CPF) is something like a hard disk back-up where you set up once and forget about it. Anyway, after paying for a house, what's left of it anyway? Its like a safety net in case anything goes south.

Thinking less of it makes my life happier. Why? Because I know I still have money (although very little stored) somewhere in case I need to use it.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Actually, after thinking about it long and hard, I gave up thinking about my CPF money altogether. It (CPF) is something like a hard disk back-up where you set up once and forget about it. Anyway, after paying for a house, what's left of it anyway? Its like a safety net in case anything goes south.

Thinking less of it makes my life happier. Why? Because I know I still have money (although very little stored) somewhere in case I need to use it.

Cheers.
    Many Singaporeans are passive about their own money and CPF money even worse, can't blame anyone.. Collecting your CPF money is so distant for so many people.

It is not a matter of how much money is in the account... I just don't like it that my own "locked" money is being pushed back further and further, it makes me wonder.

Good that you mention safety net... our money cannot use for many things except for housing/education/some medical maybe a few more... but seeing the losses piling up makes me nervous and without full transparency who the hell knows?

../azul123

They say, beggars can't be choosers. I have a solution for all of you feeling the pinch:

1. Work hard.
    2. Spend wisely.
    3. Save little by little.
    4. Buy only what you need.
    5. Don't anyhow 'invest' your money.
    6. Keep fit and stay healthy.
    7. Patience pays.
    8. Smokers, quit smoking. (I did)
    9. Got problems? Find the solution then go bark at the right tree.
    10. If things don't work out, its not the end of the world. Keep trying.

Cheers.

Cheers.
    It also makes the MIW happier if most people simply accept the current situation as their own problem like you.

It's good to think positively, but you seem to be just simply accepting the fate that is thrown to you.

Cheers.

I tot abt this long time ago and don't care whatever inside CPF anymore, other than buying house or invest is some stocks.

Just need to save enough for the future, that's it.

I think living here is the best.
    Got good food, lots of jobs, safe, etc.

Enjoy your life to the fullest, if don't like Singapore, go and migrate. No one is stopping you. I believe our government has done well to make Singapore a liveable place.

It also makes the MIW happier if most people simply accept the current situation as their own problem like you.

It's good to think positively, but you seem to be just simply accepting the fate that is thrown to you.
    I've been around many places and have seen much worse. I am happy with my current state even though there are certain things that still bugs me. For better or worse, this is my homeland and I will do my best to make it work even though the odds are stacked against me.

With regards to the MIW, if you can find me a better replacement let me know. Besides, there are other bigger things to think about e.g. pick up a new skill, plan for my family and retirement...etc.

I keep asking my agents why the ridiculous pricing in HDB resale units. They say, people keep buying. I emailed HDB, I got nothing. Hence, I got nothing much to add. I am a peasant like many others looking for a flat but always being turned down. Talked to my MP a few times and he kept telling me to be patient so I wait.

In the meantime, I find things that keeps me productive. (with the exception of surfing internet and replying CS of course. LOL!)

With regards to the MIW, if you can find me a better replacement let me know. Besides, there are other bigger things to think about e.g. pick up a new skill, plan for my family and retirement...etc.
    I know this will be brought out.

Firstly, how do you know the oppositions cannot do it if you do not give them a chance? Just because the MIW say so? This is something the ruling party has been brainwashing everyone and many seem to just accept it. The MIW were once an opposition, will they be wat they are now if S'poreans did not give them a chance then?

Secondly and more importantly, we do not need to overthrow the current ruling party in order for changes to happen. I do not think replacing the MIW totally in the next election is good for S'pore too. We just need more opposition voices for them not to take us for granted (or like fools).

I definitely admire you in making the best of wat you can now, though we have to look deeper to know why are we in this current state. Example why HDB price is so high...

ERP is good ! u drive u pay ! dun pay then dun drive ! fair and square !

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ERP is good ! u drive u pay ! dun pay then dun drive ! fair and square !
    Money will solve all your problems.

Money will solve all your problems.
    jus curious....are u born in singapore singaporean??

Quote Originally Posted by Jollin View Post
    jus curious....are u born in singapore singaporean??
    Why of course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast