Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i luv my country very much :)

Default Re: i luv my country very much :)

to be frank, still dun understand why drivers complain about ERP where no one force them to buy cars ...

everyone knew in heart that driving a car means paying money in fuel, insurance, maintenance, ERP, taxes etc etc.. if one is so bitter and depressed over ERP.. then why own a car in the first place ?

actually we do live in such a nice place. anywhere you need to go, you can get there in less than 1hr due to the sheer size of singapore.

i travelled to many countries for long periods of time and i still find here the best.
    at least in terms of food =)

there are so many things to complain everywhere.
    e.g
    Europe - freaking high taxes. of up to 50%
    US - when u see gun shops now and then, you think twice about staying there
    China - its aint cheap to stay there too in the cities like shanghai. and BJ is just way too dusty . and ya the cheap places...u get toilets full of crap and they have no doors...so that you can chit chat with the guy next to you doing his business.

the things i would like to complain about SG is
    1) high cost of transport (if you own a car)

high cost of houses is acutally all right- well...its good investment. since when did sg houses value ever go down?
    this actually make quite a lot of singaporeans semi millionaires from the houses that they own. when they are so sick of living here,
    they can always sell their semi million dollar home and go buy a large large plot of land in china or smth and live the rest of life.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We need more Singaporeans like you.

And I hope you'll enter politics after your study.

You can do a lot for Singapore.

But first don't forget to build a Koala Park in Singapore.

a working adult and a studying adult has two different mentality, you don't really understand what's happening unless u started to work in sg.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post

high cost of houses is acutally all right- well...its good investment. since when did sg houses value ever go down?
    this actually make quite a lot of singaporeans semi millionaires from the houses that they own. when they are so sick of living here,
    they can always sell their semi million dollar home and go buy a large large plot of land in china or smth and live the rest of life.
    It is not alright when housing cost increase four/five-fold while your salary remains stagnant over the years. High cost of housing is only good if you own more than one house/property. If it is the only flat you can afford, it does not make sense since you need to buy another flat to live in which will also be expensive.

Of course you can earn a little if you downgrade to a smaller flat or shift to a ulu place, but it depends whether you think the sacrifice is worthwhile or not.

And pls dun make it sound like giving up your life here and migrating to another country is such an easy decision.
    Last edited by UandMe; 19th January 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jollin View Post
    a working adult and a studying adult has two different mentality, you don't really understand what's happening unless u started to work in sg.
    ........and pay your own bills and taxes and see how much left after that..

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    ........and pay your own bills and taxes and see how much left after that..

every working adult paying our bill, not our parent.

every working adult paying our bill, not our parent.
    Well, depends on whether you have good karma or not. If you have, you will even have a car waiting for you before you start working

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    Well, depends on whether you have good karma or not. If you have, you will even have a car waiting for you before you start working

well said!

Well, much that I hate to say that, Singapore is a good place for PR and foreigners but not for local born...

Best karma one will have a chauffeur and a porter to carry his camera bag and tripods.

that's what they always say.

always, but i have met working adults who share my sentiments. the people here, some of them are working adults as well. or are you saying that everyone here who chooses to disagree with you automatically turns into a student?

it is so convenient to say "oh, he doesn't know", but you assume too much.

We need more Singaporeans like you.

You can do a lot for Singapore.

But first don't forget to build a Koala Park in Singapore.
    enter politics then you can go man the Young *** facebook page.

siao.

not interested. there are far more rewarding ways to make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's what they always say.

always, but i have met working adults who share my sentiments. the people here, some of them are working adults as well. or are you saying that everyone here who chooses to disagree with you automatically turns into a student?

it is so convenient to say "oh, he doesn't know", but you assume too much.
    well, i was a student b4, worker b4 and now AM a working and studying adult at the same time......

so i should complain and be happy at the same time?

hehehehhe

There are heaps of things that i can list that Singaporeans will NEVER treasure.
    and there are heaps of things that i can list that SINGAPORE (the country) will never treasure.......

either way..... the most important path is exposure, experience and a willingness to be realistic. (if its bad, just blardy admit that it is bad. and if it is good, just don't be too freaking proud either).

I do love Singapore in many ways, now having lived in quite a few countries, but there are things within Singapore that CAN BE REALISTICALLY and QUICKLY IMPROVED/RESOLVED, and these are not being done, purely because of politics or just refusing to lower the "high and mighty mentality" of certain class of people.

so well, there's no such thing as a perfect place..... just live your life, enjoy the person next to you everyday (even if its a stranger) and hope you don't die because of some freak stupid mistakes that you make....

Originally Posted by diver-hloc

they can always sell their semi million dollar home and go buy a large large plot of land in china or smth and live the rest of life

It is not alright when housing cost increase four/five-fold while your salary remains stagnant over the years. High cost of housing is only good if you own more than one house/property. If it is the only flat you can afford, it does not make sense since you need to buy another flat to live in which will also be expensive.

Of course you can earn a little if you downgrade to a smaller flat or shift to a ulu place, but it depends whether you think the sacrifice is worthwhile or not.

And pls dun make it sound like giving up your life here and migrating to another country is such an easy decision.

Excuse Me.... I don't remember EVER posting the above quote you added in post (#24)... my England not so powerful, and I don't write in this way.... I don't even use the word "actually". Can you explain WHY you add my NICK as the one who wrote the above qoute ??

Care to add a link for me to check if I DID wrote the above qoute ??
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 19th January 2010 at 12:19 AM.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think that is not really the best response to make, unless you talk to the people who make migrating seem like it's something that can be done in 2 seconds of thought. it involves a lot more than that, i would think..

someone i once talked to said this, and i think i find it true:

"yes, singapore is not the best in everything, but no country is. there are compromises you have to make for the safety, the comfort. but there are always compromises everywhere as well."

i couldn't agree more - people complain envisioning a paradise place where they can get what they want - everything they wish for. that is like sugar candy mountain in animal farm, a dream, an utopia unachieveable.

what i wish for, is for people to not see the half empty glass, or the half full, but that the glass is both half empty and half full. to acknowledge the strengths, while noting the flaws and weaknesses and handling it positively, that should be the true singaporean spirit.

I'm sticking by my words....

Sick & tried of S'porean complainting daily about how bad their live is here..... informing such people that they have the options to move away is the least I could do....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post

I do love Singapore in many ways, now having lived in quite a few countries, but there are things within Singapore that CAN BE REALISTICALLY and QUICKLY IMPROVED/RESOLVED, and these are not being done, purely because of politics or just refusing to lower the "high and mighty mentality" of certain class of people.

so well, there's no such thing as a perfect place..... just live your life, enjoy the person next to you everyday (even if its a stranger) and hope you don't die because of some freak stupid mistakes that you make....
    yes, this is a balanced view.

Stand up! Stand up for Singaporeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I'm sticking by my words....

Sick & tried of S'porean complainting daily about how bad their live is here..... informing such people that they have the options to move away is the least I could do....

Interestingly, many of these are the ones who only know how to complain and not provide solutions, and it carries on to their real life work ethics too.

i love it when i can walk home along the streets @ 3 am in the morning knowing i won't get robbed..

There's a price to pay for living in a such security. heck, we don't even have disasters, less the financial meltdown, if it were to be considered one.

Singapore's a good place to live in, BUT, you would need lots of $$.
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast