Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reivew - Tripod - Sirui R1204 + G20

Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    Just got a T1205X

Yet to try it out but I must say it is really value for money if u wanna a CF traveler tripod, going to mount it together with my Markins M10

Sad to say I cant have the most compact tripod, however at least I can keep both in the bag, I am happy.
    Bro, ur tempting me to upgrade sia..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Bro, ur tempting me to upgrade sia..
    it not hard for you to upgrade... well, dun u think it make sense?
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

i got poisoned by this thread .. went down to TK but they dont carry R1204 .. T1005x is too short for me.. R1204+G10 anyidea around how much ?? ..

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell207 View Post
    i got poisoned by this thread .. went down to TK but they dont carry R1204 .. T1005x is too short for me.. R1204+G10 anyidea around how much ?? ..
    I heard from them, that they don't carry the R1204 anymore, but instead the R2204, which cost alil more.

wah... thanks for the review, thinking to get one for me.. either T-2204X + G-20 or R2204 + G-20.. this is my first tripod.. hopefully wont mess it up .. I am going down to TK tomorrow to try..
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Anybody got any idea if it is cheaper to get the Sirui tripod here or in GuangZhou direct. Bearing in mind the warranty offered by TK is 6 years, direct from China most probably got no warranty lah. I got someone who travel there once every month. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JamisD View Post
    Anybody got any idea if it is cheaper to get the Sirui tripod here or in GuangZhou direct. Bearing in mind the warranty offered by TK is 6 years, direct from China most probably got no warranty lah. I got someone who travel there once every month. Thanks in advance.
    You can check china pricing here: http://detail.zol.com.cn/tripod_inde...38_list_1.html

Remember to account for "tax reciept", if you want warranty. Should be around 4-5%

Anyone knows of any grease that is fluid enough to faciltate smooth screwing action and yet firm enough not to attract fine particles from entering into the screw thread.

Last edited by ManWearPants; 22nd June 2010 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Anyone knows of any grease that is fluid enough to faciltate smooth screwing action and yet firm enough to attract fine particles from entering into the screw thread.

mine still feels alright.
    u might wanna check with TK, they should be able to assist

Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    mine still feels alright.
    u might wanna check with TK, they should be able to assist
    Bring it to the beach once and you will understand what I mean. My joints seems to have sand in them quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Bring it to the beach once and you will understand what I mean. My joints seems to have sand in them quite easily.
    Any issue just bring down to TK.

you may use a cheapo microfiber cloth to remove those particles.

lubricant/grease wise, better check with TK since they're Sirui distro.

Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    Any issue just bring down to TK.

you may use a cheapo microfiber cloth to remove those particles.

lubricant/grease wise, better check with TK since they're Sirui distro.
    It's not an issue. I can clean the joints. I am just asking if anyone knows of any grease that will form a seal with the screw thread when tightened. I don't think those folks at TK knows this.

Should be OK to wash it down with water to get rid of the particles and get some more silicone grease to repack the threads so that there is some damping to the turning the collars.

i believe any plastic grease will do.

dont think there is a grease / lub that doesnt stick dust / sand.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Have a question regarding the Sirui tripods... Do they feature the anti-rotation legs that Gitzo legs have? And if they don't, how important is this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by sganimefan View Post
    Have a question regarding the Sirui tripods... Do they feature the anti-rotation legs that Gitzo legs have? And if they don't, how important is this feature?
    "We have introduced a new Anti Leg Rotation system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually. " quoted from Gitzo website.

I'm not sure what the anti leg rotation system actually does (have not really played with a Gitzo before), but based on the description on twisting the locks, pulling the leg, tightening the locks. The Sirui works the same way.
    Fast deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    "We have introduced a new Anti Leg Rotation system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually. " quoted from Gitzo website.

I'm not sure what the anti leg rotation system actually does (have not really played with a Gitzo before), but based on the description on twisting the locks, pulling the leg, tightening the locks. The Sirui works the same way.
    Fast deployment.
    Erm basically, I've taken this from a website:

"Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down."

So it prevents the legs from rotating when the twist locks have been loosened, allowing you to tighten the twist locks after extending the legs with just one hand, vs one hand holding on to the leg to prevent it from rotating as you use your other hand to tighten the twist locks.

Quote Originally Posted by sganimefan View Post
    Erm basically, I've taken this from a website:

"Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down."

So it prevents the legs from rotating when the twist locks have been loosened, allowing you to tighten the twist locks after extending the legs with just one hand, vs one hand holding on to the leg to prevent it from rotating as you use your other hand to tighten the twist locks.
    just tried out on my Sirui,
    yup, the legs does not rotate when the twist locks are unlocked. they just come straight out.

Guys, I see the website (not much detail on the product feature which almost all similar on the quality and test, strength etc..) like don't have any with a vertical to horizontal system like manfrotto or benro (flexpod)? If got which Series?
    Canon 550D | 50 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/4L IS | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | Sigma 30 f/1.4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast