Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Reivew - Tripod - Sirui R1204 + G20

  1. #21
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    i got myself a Sirui tripod too!

    Bought the T series. T1204 + G10 ballhead.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i got myself a Sirui tripod too!

    Bought the T series. T1204 + G10 ballhead.
    congrats on your purchase! enjoy using it =)

  3. #23

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    got it together with him. nice. very short wahhaa

  4. #24

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Anybody have any idea how much the T2204 goes for?
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

  5. #25

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
    Anybody have any idea how much the T2204 goes for?
    not sure on that, you can give them a call..


    For those interested in the R1204, recently my friend went down to purchase it, but was told that they are not bringing it in anymore, as the R2204 is more value for money. therefore only bringing that in. More Sturdy, but bulkier than the R1204.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    not sure on that, you can give them a call..


    For those interested in the R1204, recently my friend went down to purchase it, but was told that they are not bringing it in anymore, as the R2204 is more value for money. therefore only bringing that in. More Sturdy, but bulkier than the R1204.
    Was told by TKFoto that they did not bring in T2204 =(
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    hi Csers. just want to ask something about the sirui tripod

    Do you know about the sirui tripod that has monopod on the tripod it self? (not sure about the model i think it is T-1204 or N-series)

    is that worth it to get that? or should i take the normal one (w/o monopod)? because the price is 100$ more than the normal one.

    what do u think? thx
    Last edited by Ranger90; 26th February 2010 at 11:36 PM.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    I believe it is the N-Series. Personally, i rather save the $100/= and get a monopod .
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

  9. #29

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
    Was told by TKFoto that they did not bring in T2204 =(
    Just to update, i've bought the T2205X Series from TK Foto. It is a 5 section tripod.
    More details here - http://www.zssirui.com/pro.php?act=list&classid=14
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

  10. #30

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger90 View Post
    hi Csers. just want to ask something about the sirui tripod

    Do you know about the sirui tripod that has monopod on the tripod it self? (not sure about the model i think it is T-1204 or N-series)

    is that worth it to get that? or should i take the normal one (w/o monopod)? because the price is 100$ more than the normal one.

    what do u think? thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
    I believe it is the N-Series. Personally, i rather save the $100/= and get a monopod .
    agree with Raptor1,
    if you are tall, you are better off getting a monopod alone. as the one that comes with the N-series is rather short.
    the N-series is more compact when folded up as compared to the R-series as well.

    Head down to and try out yourself, and see if the N-series suits you.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    hi may i ask is there any problem with the plate for vertical shooting?it doesn't seem to be tight enough.everytime i wana try to use for vertical shooting it will be loose.. need help thanks..

  12. #32

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    the quick release plate?
    did u use the allen key to tighten it fully?

  13. #33
    Member markyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    On a famous Island
    Posts
    1,632

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    JUST GOT A SIRUI T-1005X very happy with the price paid and quality. It is the smallest I think in the Sirui range and yet it holds pretty well FF cam.

    I didn't get the BH as I have others so I just pop on my spare Triopo BH and still can fold the legs backwards properly without any legs protruding.
    NIKON f2.8 black GOLD
    Canon pure White

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    I noticed the Sirui N1204 does get fine sand and dust trapped in the quick release screw threads quite easily. This is a problem as if you do not clean and continue to use, the sand particles will scratch the plating of the screw thread. I am not sure the amount of damage this will cause - whether rust will set in quickly or the screw movement will not be as smooth. Does anyone have this same experience.

    Also, there is no lock to prevent over release of the sections of the legs. So it is possible to over unscrew and the entire leg comes off or your hands will be left with some grease.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 19th May 2010 at 05:00 PM.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I noticed the Sirui N1204 does get fine sand and dust trapped in the quick release screw threads quite easily. This is a problem as if you do not clean and continue to use, the sand particles will scratch the plating of the screw thread. I am not sure the amount of damage this will cause - whether rust will set in quickly or the screw movement will not be as smooth. Does anyone have this same experience.

    Also, there is no lock to prevent over release of the sections of the legs. So it is possible to over unscrew and the entire leg comes off or your hands will be left with some grease.
    hmm didn't really notice about the sand problem, will take note of it the next time i bring it out =)

    regarding the legs, hmm i remember my friend once over screwed a gitzo at one of the shops, and the same thing happen as well, just that he didnt get his hands covered with grease
    but actually, this isn't much of a problem, as to unlock it, it does not require even a 360degree turn to unlock.

  16. #36
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Just got a T1205X

    Yet to try it out but I must say it is really value for money if u wanna a CF traveler tripod, going to mount it together with my Markins M10

    Sad to say I cant have the most compact tripod, however at least I can keep both in the bag, I am happy.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  17. #37

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    To those who own Sirui tripods, do you think the stronger ones (eg M2204 or M3204) can support birding lens (500 F4 or bigger)?

    The M2204 / M3204 has max stipulated load of 15kg and 18kg respectively, and typically we would use 1/2 max load to determine whether it can support our equipment. With a 500 F4, that would come up to 7kg, and 9 kg with a 600F4. So in theory, the tripods seemed adequate, but I could be missing something, and probably am because all the birders I've seen thus far uses gitzo. (a smaller percentage may use Manny or Feisol, but seldom see them using Benro or Sirui, etc...)

    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Edited the above to give more info.
    .
    Last edited by sci80899; 31st May 2010 at 04:34 PM.

  18. #38
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post
    To those who own Sirui tripods, do you think the stronger ones (eg M2204 or M3204) can support birding lens (500 F4 or bigger)?

    Thanks.
    I don't think its possible.Max weight is only 1.5kg(For the M2204) and 1.8kg(For the M3204).Your 400mm should be heavier than that?

  19. #39

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    Quote Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post
    To those who own Sirui tripods, do you think the stronger ones (eg M2204 or M3204) can support birding lens (500 F4 or bigger)?

    The M2204 / M3204 has max stipulated load of 15kg and 18kg respectively, and typically we would use 1/2 max load to determine whether it can support our equipment. With a 500 F4, that would come up to 7kg, and 9 kg with a 600F4. So in theory, the tripods seemed adequate, but I could be missing something, and probably am because all the birders I've seen thus far uses gitzo. (a smaller percentage may use Manny or Feisol, but seldom see them using Benro or Sirui, etc...)

    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Edited the above to give more info.
    .
    I think their theory goes like this: if I can spend $10k on a lens alone why would I try to skimp a few hundred on tripod knowing that it might be the weakest link in the set up.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Mini Reivew - Sirui R1204 + G20

    The ratings for some brands tend to be overrated. They really need to standardize a way totest their tripods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •