Thread: Bad monitor?

Default Bad monitor?

Guys does this picture look like it has too much saturation? Because when i look at it on my monitor it looks fine, but when i tried printing it it looks over saturated.. I did not calibrate my monitor because i did not think it was that bad, but if it is my monitor not my printer or whatever, i might change my mind..

Thanks for your help ..

Default Re: Bad monitor?

The skin tones look pretty red on my calibrated monitor. If you're going to print, you need to calibrate your monitor. Before printing, soft-proof using the printer profile to adjust color.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhail33 View Post
    I did not calibrate my monitor because i did not think it was that bad, but if it is my monitor not my printer or whatever, i might change my mind..
    What do you expect? You have no reference as to how your monitor (and also other components of the chain, e.g. video card, OS settings) reproduce colours but you take the output to judge colours for image editing?
    Get a screen calibrator (just search this subforum here, plenty of tips) and calibrate your screen. Everything else is wasted time and efforts (and maybe money if you print and the result is not what you want).
    EOS

Right on Octarine,

It's like complaining that car is not driving straight when no wheel alinement & balancing done.

Dear mikhail33,

There is no shortcut in imaging.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mikhail33 View Post
    Guys does this picture look like it has too much saturation? Because when i look at it on my monitor it looks fine, but when i tried printing it it looks over saturated.. I did not calibrate my monitor because i did not think it was that bad, but if it is my monitor not my printer or whatever, i might change my mind..

Thanks for your help ..
    hmm its like a apple taken out from a fridge compared to a apple which dont put in the fridge.