Thread: Buying lenses from UK

Default Buying lenses from UK

Hi,

anyone knows whether buying lenses from UK could be cheaper? i got someone coming back from UK, so i tot of asking that person buying

Default Re: Buying lenses from UK

Generally, no. Second hand, quite possibly.

You can get all the new prices from a major online retailer such as www.warehouseexpress.com.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Hi,

anyone knows whether buying lenses from UK could be cheaper? i got someone coming back from UK, so i tot of asking that person buying
    No, absolutely not cheaper. US yes, Europe generally no. Every time I go back to Europe I browse around and I'm staggered by the prices.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Hi,

i have a friend working in the uk and apparently the prices are comparable. he decided to buy his canon lenses there. prob makes sense if you can claim VAT less admin charges. i am thinking there is not much differential cos of the international warranty by mainstream manufacturers as oppose to camera bodies where you have local warranty and grey set. try Jessops. http://www.jessops.com/storefinder.

Yes actually, I forgot, if you can claim VAT back then it is cheaper than Singapore even new, although probably not worth the hassle of bothering. As I said, second hand it's almost certainly cheaper in the UK.