Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Southern Ridges Photo Trail.

Default Re: The Southern Ridges Photo Trail.

If I remember correctly, the road sign at alexandra arch says 2.4km to mount faber. The 2.4km is definitely not accurate because I took 1hr+ to get to jewel box. I did the walk with my gf starting from hort park because it is a "nice, short 30min walk before lunch" so 9km is probably accurate.

Bring lots of water and expect to walk at least 3-4 hours if you are stopping to take photos. Start around 9am and you will get to vivo on time for lunch.

let me know about the meeting place soon...i might drag two of my friends along for this too, if its ok with you guys.
    Hershey Desai & Deviantart
    Freezing moments in time

checking out a few more details.

will be finalized by tomorrow if all goes well.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Er....the walk this Saturday????

I would be intrerested to join. If can start early will be better.
    I will bring my GPS to do some tracking.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

so this is the plan.

0900hr, we meet up at Kent Ridge Park Carpark B and henceforth start walking and photographing. Hopefully by 1pm will see Vivocity where we will enjoy aircon.

I will post up the list of confirmed participants. PM if you havent got my number.

Arrow Re: The Southern Ridges Photo Trail.

I would suggest taking a break and have a drink at Little Bali, Villa Frangipani, before commencing through the steel structure of the Southern Ridges, there's a back entrance from Little Bali.

Don't forget to take a photo of the dinobot.

http://xtemujin.wordpress.com/2009/1...llman-village/

Have a good walk.

Cheers.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 19th January 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I would suggest taking a break and have a drink at Little Bali, Villa Frangipani, before commencing through the steel structure of the Southern Ridges, there's a back entrance from Little Bali.

Don't forget to take a photo of the dinobot.

http://xtemujin.wordpress.com/2009/1...llman-village/

Have a good walk.

Cheers.
    anything to identify the back entrance from the southern ridges main route.

Hi guys, too bad I can't join u all as I will be just coming back from night shift that day. I could offer myself as a tour guide for the trekking as I've combed thru the forest below Hilltop & Forest Walk when I was a kid back then.

My advise is 9am is kinda a bit too late for the trekking. Around 6am should be just nice to start your trek for the Canopy Walk as the Eastern Sky will be in twilight though still a bit dark. You really need to reach Alexandra Arch by 6.30am - 7am to really appreciate the beauty of the rest of the trail.

I usually go to thru the trails in "sections". Canopy Walk-HortPark/Forest Walk-Henderson Waves/Henderson Waves-Marang Trail. All different days starting 6.30am-9pm if solely for Photography. From 11am - 4pm will be not nice for Photography as the position of the sun will obsecure below the forest canopy with dark shadows not to menioned humidity and heat.

It's a "different" place in the morning compared to afternoon or evening or night.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Hi guys, too bad I can't join u all as I will be just coming back from night shift that day. I could offer myself as a tour guide for the trekking as I've combed thru the forest below Hilltop & Forest Walk when I was a kid back then.

My advise is 9am is kinda a bit too late for the trekking. Around 6am should be just nice to start your trek for the Canopy Walk as the Eastern Sky will be in twilight though still a bit dark. You really need to reach Alexandra Arch by 6.30am - 7am to really appreciate the beauty of the rest of the trail.

I usually go to thru the trails in "sections". Canopy Walk-HortPark/Forest Walk-Henderson Waves/Henderson Waves-Marang Trail. All different days starting 6.30am-9pm if solely for Photography. From 11am - 4pm will be not nice for Photography as the position of the sun will obsecure below the forest canopy with dark shadows not to menioned humidity and heat.

It's a "different" place in the morning compared to afternoon or evening or night.

Hi , I do agree with greenieadi's suggestion. I won't mind to start the walk early at 6am.
    Normally, this walk plus shooting may take longer time as expected, based the experience trekking from Macritchi to Bukit Timah (which lasted 5 - 6 hours).
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

If you guys are not starting too early and lugging all the equipment, I would suggest taking the weekend bus from the Harbourfront Bus Interchange that goes up to the top of Mt Faber. And you all can have a nice little walk mostly downhill from there instead.

Its a whole lot more enjoyable. But I would suggest starting early say 7am as it can get pretty warm by 10am.

Have fun, can't join you all on this unfortunately.

Which way is easier? Start from canopy walk to harbourfront or the other way? Is there any bus to canopy walk, I see the website show must walk from hort park to there.

If from 8am to 12pm can I cover all the areas? Sorry got too many questions, can't find the answers.

Arrow Re: The Southern Ridges Photo Trail.

You've to go by the earth trail to reach Little Bali from the steel pathway.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    anything to identify the back entrance from the southern ridges main route.

I'm interested to join in though I find getting to Kent Ridge before 7.30am challenging. If the startup time is eventually before 7.30.

Quote Originally Posted by mazhenghe View Post
    I'm interested to join in though I find getting to Kent Ridge before 7.30am challenging. If the startup time is eventually before 7.30.
    its fixed at 9am so anyone can join if at least simply to familiarize with the route for future outing.

Also after harbourfront, will be going to chinatown for the light up event. anyone who still has energy is welcome to join.
    Last edited by Reportage; 22nd January 2010 at 08:59 AM.

I am having too much going on this weekend and have to bail on you guys. Sorry, and hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing you on another outing.

no problem.

6 more hours to go....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12