Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-lite 4 to go

Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..
    Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    ya..i am pretty new...and i know there are two type of lights...but just funny..i saw video and they on those like white color not orangish...that why i am having doubts...
    Could be bad video quality, or color grading.

Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up?

Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..
    No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Could be bad video quality, or color grading.

Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up?

Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.

i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

then those normal household bulb can be used?
    My flickr

No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...
    the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.

Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.
    if i use hotshoe adaptor then my flash has to be off the camera...then how should i trigger my 580?? 500d dont have wireless function
    My flickr

Make your life easier.

Just use the DLs and keep the 580.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

is it something like this??

http://www.thestudiooutfitters.com/s...roducts_id=255
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post

Waah!

First time see 'Master Flip' in newbies section.

Make your life easier.

Just use the DLs and keep the 580.
    erm...then how i trigger the DLs?? and my camera dont have pc sync output...
    My flickr

Use a hotshoe adapter like the link you posted.

Use a hotshoe adapter like the link you posted.
    is it just attached the adaptor to the camera and then connect cord to it?
    My flickr

i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

then those normal household bulb can be used?

Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.

Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.
    erm..i am not change the flash tubes but just the modelling lamp...or do u mean if i am not familar i might spolit the flash tubes while change the modelling lamp?
    My flickr

Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe.

Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe.
    ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa
    My flickr

ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa
    Yah lor. Better that way.

Even a hotshoe flash has enough power in it's capacitor to possibly KILL an adult.

Studio flash has much more power.

Sometimes there are things that can be exchanged and try try, but for someone new to flash/studio flash, PLEASE DO NOT TRY ANYTHING other than the manufacturer recommendation or instruction.

Anything happen not my fault hor.

TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha

ya i know that..yesterday i keep trying to trigger..but it seems like not working...
    My flickr

set your 580 canon speedlight to Manual mode and adjust the power to minimum. bounce off the ceiling to trigger/fire your 2 Elinchrom units.

I reckon your 580 is in E-ttl auto mode and the preflash did trigger the elin chrom but did so before the shutter opens. so your picture did not register the lights thrown by the elin chrom.

my experience.

all the best.
    /www.flickr.com/photos/38947742@N00/sets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12