Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: D-lite 4 to go

  1. #21

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..
    Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

    TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

    I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.

  2. #22

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    ya..i am pretty new...and i know there are two type of lights...but just funny..i saw video and they on those like white color not orangish...that why i am having doubts...
    Could be bad video quality, or color grading.

    Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up?

    Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.

  3. #23

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    the 500D doesn't have a PC sync cord socket, plus the PC sync socket on the 580EXII is just for triggering the 580EXII itself, so it can receive signals but can't send..
    No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Could be bad video quality, or color grading.

    Could be they changed the tungsten bulb to a fluorescent bulb or using some kind of LED set-up?

    Traditionally, modeling light use tungsten bulb.


    i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

    then those normal household bulb can be used?
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  5. #25

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    No wonder i cant find the PC core on my camera and when fix it to my flash 580 also not working...
    the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

    u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.

  6. #26

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Constantly mounting a 580II just to trigger the DL might get tiring if hand-held.

    TS should get a cheap hotshot adapter or radio trigger.

    I have a almost new spare hotshoe adapter if TS is interested.
    if i use hotshoe adaptor then my flash has to be off the camera...then how should i trigger my 580?? 500d dont have wireless function
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  7. #27

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Make your life easier.

    Just use the DLs and keep the 580.

  8. #28

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

    u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.
    is it something like this??

    http://www.thestudiooutfitters.com/s...roducts_id=255
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  9. #29

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    the pc sync cord on the flash is not for connecting the pc sync cord. your camera lack a pc sync output. u need to get a hotshoe adapter with a pc sync output.

    u shld be able to get it from cathay or ruby for a small sum.
    Waah!

    First time see 'Master Flip' in newbies section.

  10. #30

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Make your life easier.

    Just use the DLs and keep the 580.
    erm...then how i trigger the DLs?? and my camera dont have pc sync output...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  11. #31

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Use a hotshoe adapter like the link you posted.

  12. #32

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Use a hotshoe adapter like the link you posted.
    is it just attached the adaptor to the camera and then connect cord to it?
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  13. #33

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    i think they change the bulb...cant be the video spolit hahahaha....so it mean i can also change the modelling bulb to fluorescent bulb or LED bulb too?

    then those normal household bulb can be used?

    Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

    Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.

  14. #34

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Err ... if you're not familiar with studio lights, I advise better not anyhow try.

    Spare flash tubes are expensive to replace.
    erm..i am not change the flash tubes but just the modelling lamp...or do u mean if i am not familar i might spolit the flash tubes while change the modelling lamp?
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  15. #35

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe.

  16. #36

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Err yah, I would suggest don't anyhow try ... just to be safe.
    ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  17. #37

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    ok .. maybe i will play around more with my set first..before i do dangerous task hahahhaa
    Yah lor. Better that way.

    Even a hotshoe flash has enough power in it's capacitor to possibly KILL an adult.

    Studio flash has much more power.

    Sometimes there are things that can be exchanged and try try, but for someone new to flash/studio flash, PLEASE DO NOT TRY ANYTHING other than the manufacturer recommendation or instruction.

    Anything happen not my fault hor.

  18. #38
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

    btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha

  19. #39

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    TS, i have the same lights... normally use these to trigger them... the pt-04's are relatively cheap, the reciever has a pc sync to connect to the lights and it lets you be a little more free with less wires connected straight to you...

    btw, you do realise this whole time you could have just set your 580ex to pop upwards and use the photocell on the dlites to trigger them? not only do you get an extra flash to bounce from say the roof but you trigger the lights at the same time haha


    ya i know that..yesterday i keep trying to trigger..but it seems like not working...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  20. #40

    Default Re: D-lite 4 to go

    set your 580 canon speedlight to Manual mode and adjust the power to minimum. bounce off the ceiling to trigger/fire your 2 Elinchrom units.

    I reckon your 580 is in E-ttl auto mode and the preflash did trigger the elin chrom but did so before the shutter opens. so your picture did not register the lights thrown by the elin chrom.

    my experience.

    all the best.
    /www.flickr.com/photos/38947742@N00/sets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •