Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentax Jan Outing - Fort Canning Park Reports

Default Re: Pentax Jan Outing - Fort Canning Park Reports

Pentax users with the K-7 and FA 135mm f/2.8 (Part 5)

Some monochrome work...

Heliconia

Staghorn

A few more mono...

Chain

Tribute to the firemen

Wet leaf

Nice photos Feng wei and looks like Dennis is taking "attendance" in his own way. Great portraits ! (at least i did not lose my sunglasses this time round!).
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Almost missed out theses last 2...

#12 Gaze

#13 Cam Whore

I'm quite pleased with the results, but it could be better. Now, all I need is another strobe for added silhouette definition, a softbox, reflector, etc...

FYI, the shots were taken at 1/800-1/1250s @ f4-5.6, flash output 1/64-1/32. (Still experimenting, so don't take the numbers as a fixed setting)
    Last edited by Baracus; 18th January 2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    here's my shots from today.

oh man, i loves these marco shots... what lens you using and i guess you need to be pretty close right?

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Here are two group shots. This is our biggest outing so far, had quite some fun there. Met a lot new friends, and most of them I still can't match their names to the faces. So I'll just post the group photos first. Will try to get name out soon.

sorry to disappoint you guys but no ultraman style this time haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    #5 The Don

#6 Ranger
    you the man baracus... you can start a class liao haha....

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post

Anyway here's a collection of Pentax portraits...
    Just a quick post process but I'll start with my fav shot... a high key of Terrance, simply great eyes and he's got the look
    Nice collection of Pentax Portraits. Better keep all the photos, and let's see how we all look like after 5 or 10 years

#12 Gaze

#13 Cam Whore

I'm quite pleased with the results, but it could be better. Now, all I need is another strobe for added silhouette definition, a softbox, reflector, etc...

FYI, the shots were taken at 1/800-1/1250s @ f4-5.6.
    Pretty good results, Baracus. I'm not a flash guy, but I'd love to take some similar photos someday

didnt shoot much that day but can only produce 2 first time panning shots to share...

Indeed, I've found 1/180 flash sync speed to be a limiting factor to outdoor off camera strobing wrt using the PT-04 wireless flash triggers. Perhaps the cord with which will support high speed sync will be useful in that respect. Probably give it a try next outing.

BTW, do you mean that the YongNuo triggers work above 1/180, but its just that Pentax DSLR refuse to send the flash trigger voltage above that speed?

I could use M mode on my G9, dial any shutter speed and the flash will trigger. Not with my K10D unfortunately. X-Sync on Pentax is up to 1/180s.

ha.. ha.. I think that pic will make an impact in B/W
    You mean this?

[CENTER]#7 Possessed

[B]

[/CENTER]

FYI, the shots were taken at 1/800-1/1250s @ f4-5.6.
    Interesting technique. Thanks for sharing the photos, technique and gizmos
    Yeah, maybe we should setup a strobing 'booth' for next outing. Does the YongNuo trigger the PT04?

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Pretty good results, Baracus. I'm not a flash guy, but I'd love to take some similar photos someday
    Thanks Fengwei. Me neither. Only my second time doing strobing work.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Indeed, I've found 1/180 flash sync speed to be a limiting factor to outdoor off camera strobing wrt using the PT-04 wireless flash triggers. Perhaps the cord with which will support high speed sync will be useful in that respect. Probably give it a try next outing.

BTW, do you mean that the YongNuo triggers work above 1/180, but its just that Pentax DSLR refuse to send the flash trigger voltage above that speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Interesting technique. Thanks for sharing the photos, technique and gizmos
    Yeah, maybe we should setup a strobing 'booth' for next outing. Does the YongNuo trigger the PT04?
    I have a TTL cord and the sync speed was the same. 1/180s, no higher. (Although I think it randomly worked at times both wired/wireless. Was too frustrated at the failure rate to notice)

I tried the PT04 on my G9 only on the day before the outing since I discovered some HSS strobing works on Flickr with the combo. Not sure what triggers what though. I'm still a complete newbie at lighting set-ups. But as long as one understand how light works, it can't be that hard, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by teruranse View Post
    you the man baracus... you can start a class liao haha....
    Class in session at next outing? Bring down all the triggers/ flashes/ accessories you've got. And sunglasses too if you don't wanna get blinded.

*Sigh*

Looks like I'm outta luck if I want a cheapo HSS strobe set-up with Pentax. Only workable with the AF540 flash on the hotshoe as the master to co-ordinate the other off-camera flashes. Time to dust off my Nikon D70 too for my strobist work...

hope to join your next outing guys and gals.

im sure you all have a lot of fun.

i can see we have our own version of avril lavigne......

Thanks Fengwei. Me neither. Only my second time doing strobing work.

I have a TTL cord and the sync speed was the same. 1/180s, no higher. (Although I think it randomly worked at times both wired/wireless. Was too frustrated at the failure rate to notice)

I tried the PT04 on my G9 only on the day before the outing since I discovered some HSS strobing works on Flickr with the combo. Not sure what triggers what though. I'm still a complete newbie at lighting set-ups. But as long as one understand how light works, it can't be that hard, can it?

Class in session at next outing? Bring down all the triggers/ flashes/ accessories you've got. And sunglasses too if you don't wanna get blinded.
    no problem i will do an online ordering now for the flash trigger. you need models can try those female pentaxian haha...

*Sigh*

Looks like I'm outta luck if I want a cheapo HSS strobe set-up with Pentax. Only workable with the AF540 flash on the hotshoe as the master to co-ordinate the other off-camera flashes. Time to dust off my Nikon D70 too for my strobist work...
    After y'day, I realized that a long lens seems to compensate somewhat. On a short lens (Eg.50), there will be a need to stop down to slow shutter speed, but this increases DOF. A longer lens like a 85mm or 135mm should still give shallow DOF while stopped down. I read about using an ND filter as well, but no chance to try so far.

Here are some of my shots.
    Quite the turnout!

I got ready with a rarely used FA85, K24 and an extension tube section. Ended up only doing portraits after being inspired by Baracus. Took the chance to practice using the strobe/bounce card for fill light. The extension tube sat in the bag unused.

Hope the outings get bigger and better

Gearing up

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast