Thread: Feel very sad for the victim

Default Feel very sad for the victim

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2010011...g-231650b.html

"Due to his actions, the victim, who is now 16, has engaged in self—mutilation and suffered from low self—esteem."

Default Re: Feel very sad for the victim

there is a special hell for this sort of person.

What the victim will suffer is more that what the man will suffer in life sentence

I think it should be a place worse than hell for such actions.

lets pray that he burn in hell
    not to impress but shoot to express

I can't even believe he is pleading for leniency!!! Even gave a reason that he does not want to die in prison. Some more can claim have hypertension and stuff!!! Lucky he is 60, if not he deserves the maximum caning!!!
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

what goes around comes around, 60-year-old medium somemore. a follower of god, he should be worrying where he might be after he died.

OMG why can't he be given a death sentence? The fact that he's been doing that for 8 years should be enough to tell that he has no remorse, and he will only do it again if he has the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    OMG why can't he be given a death sentence? The fact that he's been doing that for 8 years should be enough to tell that he has no remorse, and he will only do it again if he has the chance.
    the human mind is a very interesting thing.

i don't think it is fair to say that a killer who has killed 80 people will kill the 81st without blinking an eye, nor is it fair to say that a person who has killed a person by accident will never kill again as long as he shows remorse.

you should read the green mile, there are many interesting statements made in there regarding this point.

Blog Entries

please note that religious posts will not be tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    I don't think a death sentence is going to solve this kind of mental problems ( I think anger is a kind of mental disease), also I doubt if a death sentence will prevent people from killing others.......

If one is so enraged, filled with anger, that person is not going to think "oh, if I kill this person, I will get a death sentence, perhaps I will better not do it", I think if a person is enraged that person WILL kill and won't think of the consequences.........

And is killing a person not becoming a killer oneself? Or it is only to satisfy one's feeling of 'justice', an eye for an eye like thousands of years ago......

The real cause of that person wanting to kill another, is the real problem, and understanding why a person can become a killer is I think a better way to solving this menace in society. And trying to see the early signs of that.......or sending people to anger management who are known to be hot tempered

Perhaps, there is something wrong in society, or in someones family that needs to be discovered. Just killing a killer is not solving the real problem......

Sorry, abit longwinded here

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 18th January 2010 at 12:29 AM.

he's a monster!!!

his arse shud be tore apart!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    he's a monster!!!

his arse shud be tore apart!!!
    it will be in jail.

This kinda ppl shld be kept behind bar for the sake of our society

than, have any of u wonder, after serving his time for his crime, under the yellow ribbon movement, will u honestly give this man another chance?

or yellow ribbon is fine, as long as it doesnt concern me & my family?

sorry for oting.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    I don't think a death sentence is going to solve this kind of mental problems ( I think anger is a kind of mental disease), also I doubt if a death sentence will prevent people from killing others.......

If one is so enraged, filled with anger, that person is not going to think "oh, if I kill this person, I will get a death sentence, perhaps I will better not do it", I think if a person is enraged that person WILL kill and won't think of the consequences.........

And is killing a person not becoming a killer oneself? Or it is only to satisfy one's feeling of 'justice', an eye for an eye like thousands of years ago......

The real cause of that person wanting to kill another, is the real problem, and understanding why a person can become a killer is I think a better way to solving this menace in society. And trying to see the early signs of that.......or sending people to anger management who are known to be hot tempered

Perhaps, there is something wrong in society, or in someones family that needs to be discovered. Just killing a killer is not solving the real problem......

Sorry, abit longwinded here

HS
    Death sentence may not prevent killings by others, but at least it will stop the guy who gets the sentence. I understand that rape is not an offense punishable by death. At least that guy should be put behind bar for far longer. If he's done it for 8 years, I don't think jailtime will do any good to rehabilitate him.

Punishing the killer with death penalty doesn't make you a killer imo. It's simply the case of "taking out the trash" in my view. I understand it will never solve the real problem in general, but at least the killer won't have another chance to kill another person. I know, even if the killer has been executed, the family of the victims still won't have any closure or will ever be satisfied. After all, they're the ones who lost. The family of a murder victim will never emerge victorious or anything. But death penalty, in my view, is a preventive measure. If someone has had the guts to kill someone deliberately, then there's no going back for them. I haven't personally seen or heard of any murderer changing into a better person or be an asset to the society.

sentencing a death penalty to someone like "him" is reasonable imho, as he dont deserve any to live in this beautiful world anymore or, its just paying back what he did to a gal, but that doesnt mean..he will be forgiven

How come no caning ah? Should give him 4 strokes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by izerkudie View Post
    sentencing a death penalty to someone like "him" is reasonable imho, as he dont deserve any to live in this beautiful world anymore or, its just paying back what he did to a gal, but that doesnt mean..he will be forgiven
    this world is beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel View Post
    How come no caning ah? Should give him 4 strokes at least.
    the guy is 60.

i quote wikipedia:

Of these, judicial caning, for which Singapore is best known, is the most severe. It is reserved for male criminals aged under 50, for at least 30 different offences under the Criminal Procedure Code.