Thread: [pc tech support help] microsoft office student 2007

Default [pc tech support help] microsoft office student 2007

hi guys need some tech support help.

using windows vista. long story short, i had to reformat my laptop and use the recovery cd given by Asus to restore my computer to its factory state.

in doing so, i lost my activated office 2007 student edition, and was left with the preinstalled trial edition.

when i tried activating using my LEGITIMATE cd key, it says invalid product key or something like that. i know its not because i reinstalled my office alot of times, as the license lasts for 3 installs, and i've only activated it once.

so now i'm stuck with a trial version, and a legitimate office student 2007 edition that doesnt have a cd and only the product keycard.

i know i can use openoffice, but its such a waste cos i paid for the office 2007 but now cant use it.

anyone have any idea how to activate my ms office 2007?

Default Re: [pc tech support help] microsoft office student 2007

Quote Originally Posted by hydroburn249 View Post
    hi guys need some tech support help.

using windows vista. long story short, i had to reformat my laptop and use the recovery cd given by Asus to restore my computer to its factory state.

in doing so, i lost my activated office 2007 student edition, and was left with the preinstalled trial edition.

when i tried activating using my LEGITIMATE cd key, it says invalid product key or something like that. i know its not because i reinstalled my office alot of times, as the license lasts for 3 installs, and i've only activated it once.

so now i'm stuck with a trial version, and a legitimate office student 2007 edition that doesnt have a cd and only the product keycard.

i know i can use openoffice, but its such a waste cos i paid for the office 2007 but now cant use it.

anyone have any idea how to activate my ms office 2007?
    Call Microsoft. If you have registered the product online, they should have your particulars.
    Take the shot!

I think u have to get a copy of the Student and Teacher edition disk to install and not use the already preinstalled trial.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

You should use the CD-Key provided in the student-teacher disk. If that activation key fails, give microsoft a call to resolve it. I encounter this numerous times as alot of systems crash due to whatsoever reasons and I need to reinstall using the same key but fails as well. Ended up with calling microsoft everytime.

welcome to the clubsnap microsoft customer support forum....

oh nvm.

actually just call their hotline with your cdkey in hand and their support staff will verify your key and give you a new one if the product matches the key its meant for.
    sigh.