Thread: Shooting flowers in Singapore

Default Shooting flowers in Singapore

Hi Guys!

Need to photograph some flowers ASAP... where would be a good place to shoot flowers in Singapore? Are there good varieties at the botanical gardens?

Thanks

Since nobody answered your question for more than 10 hours, I shall. The Botanical Gardens is a good place to start, especially recommend the Orchid Garden area. Other place to go to is the Mandai Orchid Gardens near the Zoo. Late afternoon sun or early mornings are best times too I my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mphil
    Since nobody answered your question for more than 10 hours, I shall. The Botanical Gardens is a good place to start, especially recommend the Orchid Garden area. Other place to go to is the Mandai Orchid Gardens near the Zoo. Late afternoon sun or early mornings are best times too I my opinion.
    Yes! Agree with mphil.The Botanical Garden. Its FREE! and great place to do shoots. Just need to pay liek a dollar for entry for Orchdi garden and shoot all you want. As it's named, you will find more ordids than other flowers.

Besides, if you are tired of flowers. You may do some side shoots like portrait or trees. Timing suggested by mphil is at its best where light is not so strong and not so warm.

Enjoy the garden walk.

Conan,
    flowering trees are blooming around singapore now especially the golden showers. there looks gorgeous with clusters of yellow flowers. these are common roadside trees.

fort canning park, red flame of forrest is blooming as well.
    there are some of varieties at kent ridge park, west coast park (look out for the golden penda which is starting to bloom now), Labardor park

hope u enjoy the garden walk ......

Wow you guys really know your stuff! Thanks a lot for your help... will be shooting Monday morning then If there are any CS members going there too, hope to bump into ya then...