Thread: photography classes - any recommendation?

Default photography classes - any recommendation?

hi everyone. i'm a newbie both in this forum and in photography. I'm seeking advice as to where to take photography classes. thanks much for any help!

Default Re: photography classes - any recommendation?

We have a "Workshops, Tutorials and Classes " section, have you looked there?
    Alpha

Or you can go to the library and read up - then go shoot a lot of photos to improve.

Several Community Centres has photography courses, and the Singapore Photographic Society has basic course on dslr but personally, i find it unnecessary as reading the owner's manual will give you enough to go on. Take up photography classes when you want to specialize - wedding, landscape, nature, fashion... you know, those sort.
    Last edited by sebianos; 15th January 2010 at 12:37 AM.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by kespina17 View Post
    hi everyone. i'm a newbie both in this forum and in photography. I'm seeking advice as to where to take photography classes. thanks much for any help!
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636944

Quote Originally Posted by kespina17 View Post
    a quick start, is to go to the library to borrow books.

i *know* you are looking for classes, etc, but many a time these are catered to total newcomers that literally know nothing. so if you do know something, then you might get bored pretty easily.

my advice is, save the money, read, shoot yourself, you will learn it your own way, not how other people teach it. not that all photography classes are useless, though, they can be helpful for people who do not like to absorb knowledge through reading.

my stand is always that you know the best way to learn, and if you assimilate the knowledge yourself, you will benefit faster and further, because the chances of finding a good teacher can be quite slim today. with the proliferation of photographers in singapore, some are merely camera owners. so best to find out more about the reputation of the course, if you do choose to enroll in one eventually.
    Last edited by night86mare; 15th January 2010 at 01:29 AM.