Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

  1. #41

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    The smell won't last for too long also.
    Hope not going ot but to maintain smell and condition of the leather case, one can nourish it with mink oil, keep it in those breathable bag and not enclose.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    my other LX3 dressing


  3. #43

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelbrain View Post
    here's my pimped out LX3..

    hi,

    what did you put underneath the lc1 cap to prevent the shadow?

  4. #44

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    I'm missing out on the auto lens cap, didn't want to risk an LC-1 so I bought the JJC ALC-3. I'l be adding bumper stickers which can be bought from DIY stores such as home fix to fix the shadow problem...

  5. #45

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post
    I'm missing out on the auto lens cap, didn't want to risk an LC-1 so I bought the JJC ALC-3. I'l be adding bumper stickers which can be bought from DIY stores such as home fix to fix the shadow problem...
    I have the LC-1 fixed alrdy.

    Do u think i shld change to jjc screw on?

    I know its the same but i felt bad to snap the lc1 to my lx3. Although its alrdy mounted and i dont change lens whatsoever

  6. #46

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    I have the LC-1 fixed alrdy.

    Do u think i shld change to jjc screw on?

    I know its the same but i felt bad to snap the lc1 to my lx3. Although its alrdy mounted and i dont change lens whatsoever
    I think you should wait for me to try it out first...

  7. #47

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post
    I think you should wait for me to try it out first...
    if its any help, I've been on the aftermarket jjc screw-on cap for a few weeks now and I think its not too bad for the ~$25 that it costed me. I have a pandabase wideangle as well so I do periodically screw on and off the lenscap to put on the tube adapter. So far so good.

    btw, I did not do the mod to the cap as I don't see any noticeable vignette on both wide and tele with the lenscap on.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexter View Post
    Naked is the best. Hehe...

    May I know what is the thing you add on to the lens?
    Cos now I'm having thoughts if I should get a D90 if my LX3 can actually have things add on to it and act like a DSLR.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    My setup with Pandabase adapter & petal hood + Yashica viewfinder:


  10. #50
    Member Drexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffgirl View Post
    May I know what is the thing you add on to the lens?
    Cos now I'm having thoughts if I should get a D90 if my LX3 can actually have things add on to it and act like a DSLR.
    Adapter with B+W Polariser Filter, Tiffen Clear Filter and B+W Lens Cap
    Panasonic LX3|B+W Polariser Filter|Raynox MSN-202|
    My Pictures|||For sale

  11. #51

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    you all hardcore leh... :O

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Question Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexter View Post
    Adapter with B+W Polariser Filter, Tiffen Clear Filter and B+W Lens Cap
    Hi Drexter, may I know specifically which model of polariser is your B+W? How much & does it get vignetting when used with the Pandabase adapter?

    Thank you

  13. #53

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    i noticed that quite a number of u here are using pandabase adapter. What is the diff when compared to panasonic's adapter?
    Where could i purchase the adapter? Thks in adv

  14. #54

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    How much is the yashica viewfinder? Able to get it locally?

  15. #55

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    i noticed that quite a number of u here are using pandabase adapter. What is the diff when compared to panasonic's adapter?
    Where could i purchase the adapter? Thks in adv
    panasonic adapter is 46mm which is quite hard to find accessories other than the orginal lx3 accessories.

    pandabase or other 3rd party adapter is a 46mm backthread with a 52mm frontthread so u could find accessories with 52mm threads more easily.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    How much is the yashica viewfinder? Able to get it locally?
    try this helio viewfinder from ebay, has a good review.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Helios-Viewfinde...item20af4fd6e0

  17. #57

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by hongge View Post
    try this helio viewfinder from ebay, has a good review.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Helios-Viewfinde...item20af4fd6e0
    Thanks for the info.

    But in the description,

    Brightline frames each marked for 35mm, 85mm and 135mm can be seen, showing the correct framing for these lenses

    cos LX3 is more suitable for 21mm frames, will this limitations be a problem?

  18. #58

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by hongge View Post
    panasonic adapter is 46mm which is quite hard to find accessories other than the orginal lx3 accessories.

    pandabase or other 3rd party adapter is a 46mm backthread with a 52mm frontthread so u could find accessories with 52mm threads more easily.
    Hey thk u for the info, just wondering....im using a modified ricoh lc1 lens cap which is attached to the lens ring, meaning...if i were to remove lc1...im removing the lens ring as well.

    Would i still be able to attach the pandabase/3rd party adapter without the lens ring? lastly...where is a good place to hunt for the adapters?

    Many thks in adv

  19. #59

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    I may be wrong, but i thought you must remove the lens ring to fix any adaptors? Cos the lens ring is to cover/protect the screw thread

  20. #60

    Default Re: Show your dressed up LX-3.. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    I may be wrong, but i thought you must remove the lens ring to fix any adaptors? Cos the lens ring is to cover/protect the screw thread
    thanks...can adapter users verify if lens ring needs to be removed before adapter attachment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •