Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 89

Thread: Bah.

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Pol, you are bored...
    I'm not bored..
    I'm actually getting quite serious about this whole thing..
    But the thing is, Astin and UL are both MIA.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    I'm not bored..
    I'm actually getting quite serious about this whole thing..
    But the thing is, Astin and UL are both MIA.
    Whats the hurry?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    You never came back... *pout*

    and you made SniperD cry.......
    Sorry had a very long dinner, (dont ask me why / how)

    OK here is my idea.
    Model : Poledra (5'6" tall)
    Date : Mar 6 or 13 or 20 (Poledra to choose)
    Time : 9-11am (good quality sunlight)
    Location : outdoor (I will discuss with Poledra later)
    Max 5 photogs (Poledra to choose from the eligible list, guys send in your photos)

    Poledra, I suggest you engage a make-up artist, I can also recommend my very pretty make-up artist for you, there will be a fee for the make-up, the 5 photogs will share (est $100 for the whole morning).

    Also, if you need clothing, I also have a very pretty fashion designer to recommend.

    I will give you some pointers on what should the model do on the day before the shoot, later.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Wow.
    Actually, I wasn't thinking of charging. You know, it's actually for like, total newbies.
    Haven't really decided on my rate yet. Am I worth anything?
    My dear, Of course must charge!!!! Even total newbies pay to go for model shoots. You can start charging less first then as u get better, charge more lor.

    my 2 cents worth.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Sorry had a very long dinner, (dont ask me why / how)

    OK here is my idea.
    Model : Poledra (5'6" tall)
    Date : Mar 6 or 13 or 20 (Poledra to choose)
    Time : 9-11am (good quality sunlight)
    Location : outdoor (I will discuss with Poledra later)
    Max 5 photogs (Poledra to choose from the eligible list, guys send in your photos)

    Poledra, I suggest you engage a make-up artist, I can also recommend my very pretty make-up artist for you, there will be a fee for the make-up, the 5 photogs will share (est $100 for the whole morning).

    Also, if you need clothing, I also have a very pretty fashion designer to recommend.

    I will give you some pointers on what should the model do on the day before the shoot, later.
    The start of a rising star model .... Poledra!
    lai lai, quick give your support ... a star is born.

  6. #46
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    me me = new bie
    please carry on with your streetshooting. you're getting closer to perfecting your art, because you know what you want. portraiture is clearly what you shouldn't do, because that would distract your focus into streetshooting.

    clearly, you are not a newbie, because you know only too well how Henri Cartier shoots...
    Last edited by sehsuan; 1st March 2004 at 01:07 PM.

  7. #47

    Default

    come come Little Pol, I'll be your bodyguard!
    :P

    Come come!!!

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Hi Pol,

    Doing PT modelling is great, cos the money can be quite good...can use to pay for your sch fees, branded clothes, entertainment etc.

    Not trying to discourage u here, but the starting will be tough...btdt! I was signed up by an agency years back, but I decided to give up in the end, cos I simply can't put up with the bitchiness of the business.

    Yes, a good portfolio is the key to the modelling industry, thus I guess all your CS kor kor here can help u achieve yr dream! Height is impt, no doubt. But it's not everything lah, your personality & x-factor is!

    Eh, if u are still looking for someone to pose together with u, maybe I can consider.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    where is UL? he seems to be MIA...
    yesh yesh? sorry lah, your thread title a bit... non-descript. contrary to popular belief, i don't kaypoh in every thread you know....

    anyway, i volunteer to be the bodyguard. in fact i volunteer to "screen" all participants for you. and i agree with Astin actually... a all-lady turnout might help bolster things a bit, cos i know a whole jing-gang of guys pointing their lenses at you is a bit, erm... scary.

    but personally i'm not too sure about the all-newbie thing. should probably get a few of the old birds in (not me, i suck at studio/arranged type shoots) in as well, just to see how they operate, and get some pointers from them. a all-newbie thing would just be like the dumb leading the blind...

  10. #50
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    then I better not go anywhere near Pol, wait UL sits on me... ok, I'm out, who wants to take my place?

    Poledar, with UL around, there's nothing you need to be afraid of, com'on! Bolster up your courage and head on!

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Whats the hurry?
    What if I get a job? Then what do I tell my employer? "Oh, there's a photo shoot on this day. Please let me take leave on this day." On the first day of work?
    You're kidding me, right, Wolfie?

    Astin: As for makeup artist, I think I need one. I'm a total klutz at makeup. It's good for me to learn some tips also.. How much is she charging? As for the fashion designer thing, maybe later if I'm getting sick of my own clothes. Haha. And I don't think she'll have my size of clothes, yet.
    I would prefer 20th March, because I would have stopped peeling by then. Went to the beach yesterday and got totally sunburned. (7 hours in the sun.... But it's Sentosa, and people tend to fall asleep on the beach there.. ) So if anybody wants to take pictures of me peeling, it'll be within the next few days. (I'm in pain..)
    I'll promise to stay out of the sun from now till photoshoot... But after that...

    Okay, everybody, if you wanna go for photoshoot, you gotta pass UL's test. I think he's gonna set you 40 questions to answer. If you can't answer them and fail, then you can't go. (I'm being stupid..) If I let BS be my 'bodyguard', I think there might be havoc. I rather ask Wolfie, thank you very much..

    vivien: If you wanna come pose, then come pose. I think people will get sick of me after some time.

    Okay, since my jie say charge, then I charge loh. Erm... Would $30 a photographer seem too steep? (because now got makeup artist to pay..)

  12. #52
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    So if anybody wants to take pictures of me peeling, it'll be within the next few days. (I'm in pain..)
    I'll promise to stay out of the sun from now till photoshoot... But after that...
    Tsk tsk. Nebermind.... you be shooter instead lor. Go shoot Max ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    if you wanna go for photoshoot, you gotta pass UL's test. I think he's gonna set you 40 questions to answer. If you can't answer them and fail, then you can't go.



  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    What if I get a job? Then what do I tell my employer? "Oh, there's a photo shoot on this day. Please let me take leave on this day." On the first day of work?
    You're kidding me, right, Wolfie?

    Astin: As for makeup artist, I think I need one. I'm a total klutz at makeup. It's good for me to learn some tips also.. How much is she charging? As for the fashion designer thing, maybe later if I'm getting sick of my own clothes. Haha. And I don't think she'll have my size of clothes, yet.
    I would prefer 20th March, because I would have stopped peeling by then. Went to the beach yesterday and got totally sunburned. (7 hours in the sun.... But it's Sentosa, and people tend to fall asleep on the beach there.. ) So if anybody wants to take pictures of me peeling, it'll be within the next few days. (I'm in pain..)
    I'll promise to stay out of the sun from now till photoshoot... But after that...


    Okay, since my jie say charge, then I charge loh. Erm... Would $30 a photographer seem too steep? (because now got makeup artist to pay..)
    $30 is too little..
    u will only get $50 after paying the make-up artist.. And u need to get a nice set of clothes and shoes..
    Last edited by innovas1; 2nd March 2004 at 01:59 PM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Okay, since my jie say charge, then I charge loh. Erm... Would $30 a photographer seem too steep? (because now got makeup artist to pay..)
    Do you want me to post this event on the event forum?
    (and nominate me to be your official event organizer, and UL to be official body guard! )

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Do you want me to post this event on the event forum?
    (and nominate me to be your official event organizer, and UL to be official body guard! )
    Poledra, you must really be very serious is you want Astin to post officially because once posted and participants invited , it is unethical to change your mind without any good reason. It's like a gentleman contract... so be serious abt this. Also it will affect the reputation of the organiser.
    Anyway i look forward to support you, but the 20th is not a good date because of the Sepang F1 dates. Maybe next Friday (12/03) nite, 7pm to 9pm? Also look forward to Vivian too.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    $30 is too little..
    u will only get $50 after paying the make-up artist.. And u need to get a nice set of clothes and shoes..
    For a start, it's quite ok. If more than $30, most ppl may want to take up other professional-model shoots.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Anyway i look forward to support you, but the 20th is not a good date because of the Sepang F1 dates. Maybe next Friday (12/03) nite, 7pm to 9pm? Also look forward to Vivian too.
    I don't see why I should change the date to the 12th.
    Firstly, there is hardly any light left from 7-9pm. Also, I try not to stay out late at night. (parental objection)
    And I like the 20th, because I need to recover from my sunburn and I like the timing 9-11am. And on Saturday, it's easier to fit it in my schedule.

    I'm pretty serious about this whole thing, and may consider it as a way to earn some cash (this + Computer Times articles) when I can't find a job/ during uni days.
    I'll listen to both Astin and Larry for prices and things like that. (what do I know about the trade anyway?)
    Can I go barefoot? I just realised I don't have a nice pair of shoes. Poor girl no money to buy shoes.

    Okay. 'Tis set.
    Whatcha think, Vivien?

    Astin, Larry, Vivien... Anything, just PM me.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    I don't see why I should change the date to the 12th.
    Firstly, there is hardly any light left from 7-9pm. Also, I try not to stay out late at night. (parental objection)
    And I like the 20th, because I need to recover from my sunburn and I like the timing 9-11am. And on Saturday, it's easier to fit it in my schedule.

    I'm pretty serious about this whole thing, and may consider it as a way to earn some cash (this + Computer Times articles) when I can't find a job/ during uni days.
    I'll listen to both Astin and Larry for prices and things like that. (what do I know about the trade anyway?)
    Can I go barefoot? I just realised I don't have a nice pair of shoes. Poor girl no money to buy shoes.

    Okay. 'Tis set.
    Whatcha think, Vivien?

    Astin, Larry, Vivien... Anything, just PM me.
    Pol,

    Haha...I was actually kidding when I said I wanna pose for photos. On 2nd thoughts, I think it'll be fun though...and a good experience too.

    My questions : Am I right to say that anyone here can volunteer to be a model, irregardless of whether she has the "potential"? Even someone as fat as Lydia Sum? No need to go for auditions? Erm...I'm far, far from the "wannabe lookalike" quality...I have a feeling the photographers will either puke or drop down dead when they see me. Need me to show everyone my pic to see if I'm suitable?

    As for the clothes & shoes, it depends on the kind of shoot eg casual, formal, evening etc. I have some clothes & shoes to lend u if you want. What's yr clothes & shoe size?

  19. #59

    Default

    why not we have a session where the photographers take turns to be a model at one time and let the rest shoot his/her portfolio..

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivientan
    Need me to show everyone my pic to see if I'm suitable?
    didn't you say you were signed by an agency years ago? can't have deteriorated that quickly

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •