Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bah.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Wow.
    Go to sleep only.. Then wake up to see that response is hot.... I'm so flattered.
    Wah... Don't anyhow go start list for me.. There are many things to consider before I go start a list in the Events and Training sub\forum.
    Like, who's gonna be my bodyguard? was hoping UL, since Wolfie is so busy. But then again, UL is also so busy.)
    Actually, I wasn't thinking of charging. You know, it's actually for like, total newbies.
    Haven't really decided on my rate yet. Am I worth anything?

You guys don't even have a teacher yet. I'm not that kick-ass person in portraits. And I'm also half-baked in portraits. I can't teach. In fact, I was hoping to learn at the same time, like listen in to conversations.
    well, you have to start somewhere in any things that you want to do. the important thing is that don't do stupid things you will later regret. but once you start something, don't stop till you achieve what you set out to do and never regret doing it.
    bodyguards? i m sure all the "chosen ones" will want to be yr bodyguards for the day ...

Like, who's gonna be my bodyguard? was hoping UL, since Wolfie is so busy. But then again, UL is also so busy.)

[/SIZE]
    Me? Bodyguard? Am i even worthy?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

poledra...

at first i thot u were interested in trying out modelling for portraiture, now i think you are looking more at a portraiture workshop where u are the model as well as a learner together with the newbie photogs. as far as "teaching" is concerned, most CSers from past model shoots will post their shots in the portraiture forum and get comments from everybody else, experts included. for a live critique and discussion during the model shoot, mebbe it can be structured along the lines of azure's "anything goes" photoshoots, with instant exchange of photos and comments. charging for the model shoot is not a bad idea, to cover your expenses and your assistant/bodyguard, as well as ancillary equipment like reflectors. since most CS model shoots cost $40-$60 per pax, the suggested $20-$30 per pax is a reasonable rate for a first timer. as far as the photog list is concerned, that is subject to your final approval. e.g. astin doesn't allow "banned" ppl from taking part in his photoshoots.

hope this helps.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    poledra...

at first i thot u were interested in trying out modelling for portraiture, now i think you are looking more at a portraiture workshop where u are the model as well as a learner together with the newbie photogs. as far as "teaching" is concerned, most CSers from past model shoots will post their shots in the portraiture forum and get comments from everybody else, experts included. for a live critique and discussion during the model shoot, mebbe it can be structured along the lines of azure's "anything goes" photoshoots, with instant exchange of photos and comments. charging for the model shoot is not a bad idea, to cover your expenses and your assistant/bodyguard, as well as ancillary equipment like reflectors. since most CS model shoots cost $40-$60 per pax, the suggested $20-$30 per pax is a reasonable rate for a first timer. as far as the photog list is concerned, that is subject to your final approval. e.g. astin doesn't allow "banned" ppl from taking part in his photoshoots.

hope this helps.
    Actually, I am interested in trying out modelling for portrait shooting. But being the kiasu Singaporean that I am, I wouldn't want to miss out on any pointers.. Like how to make the model relax and blah blah. So, in trying out myself, I would know how everything goes better.

My final aim, I hope, is to be a part time model by the time I am in university..

And, Wolfie, you're more than worthy to be my bodyguard... If not for you, I wouldn't be here at all.

... You don't look very newbie to me...
    This is more like to give chance to the newbies
    Ask my 'manager'.. UL....

Er, okay lah.. guess I'll feel more at ease with another AMATEUR model along with me.. Anyone interested in a spot of modelling?
    sounds fun. ^^ depends when it is tho~ exams are really creeping up on me. Amateur definitely. hehe~

oops got to see if Timber got any violent objections ^_~
    Last edited by evildolly; 29th February 2004 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    sounds fun. ^^ depends when it is tho~ exams are really creeping up on me. Amateur definitely. hehe~

oops got to see if Timber got any violent objections ^_~
    Poledra + evildoly = peng sun (mountain overturns!)
    make anyone interested to join the shoot to sing "she bangs".

Haa, what an explaination for peng sun.. Hahahahaha... Eh, i am interested in portraiture.. But i dunno what to do at all.. Like, zilch. Nil. Zero. haha =x

Wah, interesting.
    Poledra, want to make this a ladies-only event first?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Wah, interesting.
    wapiangz Astin! don't be like that.........

My final aim, I hope, is to be a part time model by the time I am in university..
    well, if you're serious about part-time modelling, mebbe u should consider being represented by an agency and having a portfolio.

can also check out http://fargomodels.assist.ro/tips.htm

for some tips on getting started.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    wapiangz Astin! don't be like that.........
    Don't worry he oso cannot be there unless he lady

Wah, interesting.
    Perfect! Just the person I wanted to find.. (where is UL? he seems to be MIA..) You can be the teacher! (if you want...) If I made the session all-female, think of all the long faces the males will pull... Especially SniperD.. And I remember lauLEE has been after me for a portrait shot since... Last year??

evildolly: My brother (who is in year 1) says exams are in week 15. (tomorrow's week 9) I was thinking ASAP, since I may find a job soon. So it should be around the next 2 weeks. When's your day off from school? You know what? I think it's gonna be fun! *squeals like a bimbo* Oops... Too bimbotic here.. But you got time to study or not?
    I'll convince Timber for you. Like by bashing his head in if he says no...

Opinion, Astin? Whatcha think?

Deregistered

Let Astin organise the shoot for you, and he can handle the payment and even studio and location. Astin has a lot of experience in portraits, I'm sure he can teach you a lot.

Cheers. Just my nooB's comment.

WOMEN:
    HEIGHT: 5'9" minimum and 5'10" minimum for catwalk! (it is not uncommon for major agencies to not see any female models under 5'9". A few agencies will see shorter, but the model must be truly exceptional.

BUST: 34 B
    (some "C" cups accepted but anything larger than that will not get you into a major agency for this type of modeling - no exceptions).

WAIST: 23"-24"

HIPS: 34"-35 1/2"
    Measured across the fullest part of the rear-end (almost thigh level - not how most of us are taught to measure our "hips"!) - don't fib as you WILL be measured!

WEIGHT: 120-122 lbs. [for a 5'9" model]
    You must slip *easily* into a standard size 8/10 - with no bulging buttons or seams!

EXERCISE: Toned bodies are a must - this is a tough industry and the competition is brutal!
    What the s***? I'm totally over!
    I'm not so tall.. (only 5"6) and I'm not so skinny... (everyone who has seen me knows I'm a little... well rounded....)

I'll do the plus size category... I guess...

Perfect! Just the person I wanted to find.. (where is UL? he seems to be MIA..) You can be the teacher! (if you want...) If I made the session all-female, think of all the long faces the males will pull... Especially SniperD.. And I remember lauLEE has been after me for a portrait shot since... Last year??

evildolly: My brother (who is in year 1) says exams are in week 15. (tomorrow's week 9) I was thinking ASAP, since I may find a job soon. So it should be around the next 2 weeks. When's your day off from school? You know what? I think it's gonna be fun! *squeals like a bimbo* Oops... Too bimbotic here.. But you got time to study or not?

Let me go for my dinner first, back in 30 minutes.....

Exams are not the problem, projects are ^^ I prob will have to skip it if its w/in the next 2 weeks or so =~

you have fun ya ^^ I've done a few studio shoots before, and there's nothing to worry about ^^

cheers~

Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    Exams are not the problem, projects are ^^ I prob will have to skip it if its w/in the next 2 weeks or so =~

you have fun ya ^^ I've done a few studio shoots before, and there's nothing to worry about ^^

cheers~
    *pout*
    don't leave me here... with all sorts of... people....

Let me go for my dinner first, back in 30 minutes.....
    You never came back... *pout*

and you made SniperD cry.......

Deregistered

Pol, you are bored...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast