Thread: Slingbag that fits MacBook 15" and DSLR

Default Slingbag that fits MacBook 15" and DSLR

Hi guys, i was just wondering, is there any sling bags that can fit in one 15" laptop, and one DSLR? maybe throw in a few books as well.

im a student, so i need to bring my laptop to school, and sometimes after class we went out to photo hunt. right now im using a backpack, just that it looks soo bulky

any recommendations? thanks !

*edit: how about this?
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...puter-bag.aspx
    is that available in Singapore? still looks bulky thou, haha.
    Last edited by yishiang; 14th January 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: Slingbag that fits MacBook 15" and DSLR

With the load you need to be carrying, it will be bulky. I'm afraid there isn't a way around that. I personally use a Lowepro Fastpack 350 for that purpose; it will fit a 17" laptop, has a compartment you can stuff some books in, and a camera compartment. As for a shoulder-slung bag, I use a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW. Both are bulky
    Last edited by Trapper; 14th January 2010 at 12:50 AM.

Highly recommend you reconsider a sling bag, it's gonna be extremely heavy carrying all that load on one shoulder.

Why don't you try a Kata 3N1-33. Able to fit a 15 inch and plenty of space for gear. Plus it can become a backpack when you want to and a slingbag when you require quick access. Carrying a laptop and gear in sling position can be really tiring after a while. http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp...oto&p_Id=19773
    Last edited by joshuachan28; 14th January 2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by yishiang View Post
    Hi guys, i was just wondering, is there any sling bags that can fit in one 15" laptop, and one DSLR? maybe throw in a few books as well.

im a student, so i need to bring my laptop to school, and sometimes after class we went out to photo hunt. right now im using a backpack, just that it looks soo bulky

any recommendations? thanks !

*edit: how about this?
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...puter-bag.aspx
    is that available in Singapore? still looks bulky thou, haha.
    I am using that, product named TT UD 50, It fits more than one DSLR and ur laptop.
    I can cramp 1 pro size dslr with grip, 4 lens and one flash and mutiple acccessories with laptop as well..

Highly recommended. If and only when its fully loaded then it will look bukly. Apart from that, it's looks just like any ordinary documents/laptop bag, as the name speak for itself "Urban Disguise"

I love it for its ease of reach and capacity and it doesn't shout loud "cam bag"

This should helps
    Last edited by Numnumball; 14th January 2010 at 04:57 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    Highly recommend you reconsider a sling bag, it's gonna be extremely heavy carrying all that load on one shoulder.
    the one TS sought after is a sling bag
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    With the load you need to be carrying, it will be bulky. I'm afraid there isn't a way around that. I personally use a Lowepro Fastpack 350 for that purpose; it will fit a 17" laptop, has a compartment you can stuff some books in, and a camera compartment. As for a shoulder-slung bag, I use a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW. Both are bulky
    I use a Stealth Reporter 650AW too and I find it really too heavy a load to be comfortable as well as bulky like heck. By the way, I am a big guy and almost never complain about weight but one shoulder slinging really takes it out of you.

Check out crumpler brazilian home or something?
    But like others said, its going to be tiring carrying a laptop+camera equipment on a sling bag.
    50D+BG-E2N l Canon 18200 l Canon 580EXII l I don't eat kimchi.

Slingbag?

I use this Crumpler's Part and Parcel.

*WARNING* Carrying so much stuff can give you bad back! Use a backpack instead, better support, and distribution of weight.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Back pack is the best choice, I had a large shoulder bag and it always obstruct me during shooting ie always slip downwards.
    Get a smaller backpack but for 15 macbook u will still need a relatively big one.

Should have school bag that can keep tripod and DSLR

Blog Entries

i use this

Tenba Messenger bag