Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4294449525354555659 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1200

Thread: Ricoh GXR!

  1. #1061
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Tentatively set!
    Venue - Merlion Park, then go some kopi joint for Gear Appreciation, Knowledge sharing...
    Date/time - 21-07-12 / 0630 hrs - 0900 hrs

    Morning Sunrise shoot at Merlion Park - 0630 hrs
    Kopi Loc - The Central's Ya Kun at 0800 hrs

    #1 - hjbyeo (96511642)
    #2 - sanfong
    #3 - wonglp
    #4 - iamnubie
    #5 - newghost (tentative)
    #6 - NazgulKing (tentative)
    #7 - dacteo
    #8 - Wong_Se (tentative for Kopi Session)
    #9 - wstam (until 8am)
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 20th July 2012 at 10:53 AM.

  2. #1062

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    How about Charlie Mike? No, that's not a kopi tiam.... if the morning light is good, I'm thinking of continuing with some street shooting? old habits die hard lah...

    by the way, I twisted my knee badly yesterday, tough luck, so will be turtle-ish... hope u guys wouldn't mind. Also I got no ricoh no more, so will probably bring my OMD + 12mm and Fuji GA645i with some Ektar 100 loaded. Looking forward to good weather!
    Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

  3. #1063

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Hi, not too familiar with that area. Can park at One Fullerton building? Can enter the car park at that time?

    See you guys tomorrow. Cheers!

  4. #1064
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wstam
    Hi, not too familiar with that area. Can park at One Fullerton building? Can enter the car park at that time?

    See you guys tomorrow. Cheers!
    ya, one Fullerton, should be ok at that time.

  5. #1065

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Just a note. I am going there via MRT and well, I think they start at 0600 and I will likely arrive between 0645 and 0700.

  6. #1066
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    See u all!

  7. #1067

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Miss the outing, happy shooting

  8. #1068
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,687

    Default

    Good to have met old and new friends, though merlion park was under reno, the sunrise didn't disappoint.

  9. #1069

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Sorry I couldn't wake up today

  10. #1070
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    Sorry I couldn't wake up today
    It's ok, bro. There's always another time ...

  11. #1071
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Good to have met old and new friends, though merlion park was under reno, the sunrise didn't disappoint.
    Indeed! Make new photography friends. Unfortunately thought that the merlion park is under renovation.

  12. #1072
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Guys, I still haven't post process my sunrise shots, only this one just before we meet up while I was walking to the Merlion Park.



    GXR + A12 M + VT12 @f8, 30s, iso-lo
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 22nd July 2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Use a larger size image

  13. #1073

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Guys, I still haven't post process my sunrise shots, only this one just before we meet up while I was walking to the Merlion Park.



    GXR + A12 M + VT12 @f8, 30s, iso-lo
    great shot!

  14. #1074
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,687

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    Sorry I couldn't wake up today
    We should have another one again, your VF 1.3x & 2x was brought up
    Sanfong didn't turn up as well, though I saw the CV 12 on sale...

    Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Guys, I still haven't post process my sunrise shots, only this one just before we meet up while I was walking to the Merlion Park.



    GXR + A12 M + VT12 @f8, 30s, iso-lo
    This is nice! Look fwd to your sunrise shots bro and others too!

    Here's mine from the morning, one of the better mornings I've had recently.





    Last edited by wonglp; 22nd July 2012 at 12:16 AM.

  15. #1075
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Thanks, guys!

    Indeed, LP, this is 1 of the better sunrise for awhile. I am sure we can both relate after several sessions recently. But I was so busy chatting, I didn't even notice my aperture wasn't the usual settings. I didn't even check if I focus at infinity... Double GONG GONG. *face palm*
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 22nd July 2012 at 01:09 AM.

  16. #1076
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Anyways, I tried to rescue 1 of my sunrise shot -



    GXR + A12 M + VT12 @f8, 2-blended exposures (1 15s, 1 8s I think), iso-lo
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 22nd July 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: some minor corrections ;-)

  17. #1077

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Thanks, guys!

    Indeed, LP, this is 1 of the better sunrise for awhile. I am sure we can both relate after several sessions recently. But I was so busy chatting, I didn't even notice my aperture wasn't the usual settings. I didn't even check if I focus at infinity... Double GONG GONG. *face palm*
    This happened to me before. You guys had fun! Wish I could join again. I probably ought to call a cab to get there on time. Public transport in Singapore doesn't operate early on weekends, unlike say New York.

  18. #1078
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    bought a 2nd hand A12 50mm, and realised there is one dust. OMG....never could imagine dust could go into module.
    please advise what I can do ? send to service center ? heard that ricoh service center is one of the "not so good" and best avoid.

  19. #1079
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    bought a 2nd hand A12 50mm, and realised there is one dust. OMG....never could imagine dust could go into module.
    please advise what I can do ? send to service center ? heard that ricoh service center is one of the "not so good" and best avoid.
    I think they will send to Hong Kong where the expertise are.
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 22nd July 2012 at 12:09 PM.

  20. #1080
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

    Guys, while the JPEG vivid settings were really good, I did find it a tad too saturated yesterday when we took the sunrise. Do you find that too? And 1 more thing, it's harder to "rescue" some of the highlights?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •