Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 621262930313233364156 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GXR!

Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

A few more from my recent India trip, miss the food and the photography there.

A much photographed scene Taj Mahal, 5 shots exposure blended. There's no distortion in the lens in case you wonder the front minar (pillars) are leaning outwards, it is designed so as that in event of earthquake, it will fall outwards. CV 12mm/5.6 LTM

Soft drink seller. CZ Planar 50/2 ZM

Contrasting behaviour CZ Planar 50/2 ZM

Lovely smile...

Anyone knows how much is the street price for the GXR + A12 M module + VF2??
    ( Documenting the Human Condition | Flickr )

Blog Entries

my baby's teddy in the morning light

GXR + canon 35mm/f2.8 LTM
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by theRenaissance View Post
    Anyone knows how much is the street price for the GXR + A12 M module + VF2??
    Around 1.4k, got it from SLRRevo. 250 for the VF2.

Just tested my gxr on a group shot yesterday:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/portr...-softness.html

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp
    A few more from my recent India trip, miss the food and the photography there.

A much photographed scene Taj Mahal, 5 shots exposure blended. There's no distortion in the lens in case you wonder the front minar (pillars) are leaning outwards, it is designed so as that in event of earthquake, it will fall outwards. CV 12mm/5.6 LTM

Soft drink seller. CZ Planar 50/2 ZM

Contrasting behaviour CZ Planar 50/2 ZM
    Very nice shots. I been thinking getting a wide angle lens hesitated between cv 12 or cv 15...

GXR + Samyang 14mm f/2.8

It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Around 1.4k, got it from SLRRevo. 250 for the VF2.
    Hey, thats quite affordable (relatively speaking). Cool, poison poison..
    ( Documenting the Human Condition | Flickr )

Quote Originally Posted by candyyam View Post
    Just tested my gxr on a group shot yesterday:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/portr...-softness.html
    The first I have seen using the GXR for models shoot .. Excellent shots!

Very nice shots. I been thinking getting a wide angle lens hesitated between cv 12 or cv 15...
    Thanks candyyam, your portrait set is awesome! if you like landscape shoot, CV 12 would be better. CV 15 is also good, but 3mm is a lot of difference. CV12 LTM mount needs an adapter to mount filters, though bro hjbyeo found a way to eliminate that, optically it's same as M mount, just a few hundred dollars cheaper. Both lens are sharp, and very little distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by theRenaissance View Post
    Hey, thats quite affordable (relatively speaking). Cool, poison poison..
    BBB haha! For the lack of AA filter, it probably should costs more

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    GXR + Samyang 14mm f/2.8

Nice one, motionstills, is this lens sharp at corners? iirc, no filters on this lens right?

I am contemplating the CV 12mm. But the question is whether 18mm is so wide that it makes it overly hard to compose and keep out the distractions. On the other hand, the 15mm is about 22.5mm which is ~21mm approximate and it is easier to manage the perspective and avoid having too much within the field of view.

Which makes me wonder. Should I get a CV 21mm/f4 for my Zeiss Ikon? Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    I am contemplating the CV 12mm. But the question is whether 18mm is so wide that it makes it overly hard to compose and keep out the distractions. On the other hand, the 15mm is about 22.5mm which is ~21mm approximate and it is easier to manage the perspective and avoid having too much within the field of view.

I use 12mm for landscapes, so the wider the better, once a while some portraits, which is still doable with this lens. Really depends on what you shoot, if it's for street, perhaps something longer?

I am a rubbish photographer, sometimes street, sometimes landscape, sometimes portrait. Somehow probably portrait draws me in harder as expression of a person has great interesting variation.

Had a hard time to focus manually, got some shots too dark, or off focus- but i feel this is a good prastise - sometimes out of focus is soft, light exposure and aperture u will have greater variation on a manual setting, explore more possibilities.

I heard there has been wedding fotop using m9 for actual wedding snap! I am now thinking 15mm to goes with my interest of people, maybe i need to stitch it for wider shot? To be honest i was struggling with these two lens for long haha

I use 12mm for landscapes, so the wider the better, once a while some portraits, which is still doable with this lens. Really depends on what you shoot, if it's for street, perhaps something longer?
    Actually even streets with 12mm is possible. Just that we'll have to watch our composition.

I am a rubbish photographer, sometimes street, sometimes landscape, sometimes portrait. Somehow probably portrait draws me in harder as expression of a person has great interesting variation.

Had a hard time to focus manually, got some shots too dark, or off focus- but i feel this is a good prastise - sometimes out of focus is soft, light exposure and aperture u will have greater variation on a manual setting, explore more possibilities.

I heard there has been wedding fotop using m9 for actual wedding snap! I am now thinking 15mm to goes with my interest of people, maybe i need to stitch it for wider shot? To be honest i was struggling with these two lens for long haha
    Voigtlander 15 is such a good lens. With the 12 and 15, make sure your hands don't get in the way. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post

With a 18mm equivalent FOV, you have to go really near. In narrow streets, it's really fun for the perspective you can get out of it.

The CV is good enough. Preference will be the LTM one coz' it's TINY. If you want anything better, it'll have to be the Zeiss ZM Biogon T*21 4.5.

Nice one, motionstills, is this lens sharp at corners? iirc, no filters on this lens right?
    Thanks, yes the lens is sharp at corners as well. You are correct, no filters, big huge bulging front element and undetachable hood.

i like:
    Superb resolution and sharpness
    Excellent CA control
    Relatively cheap
    Silky smooth focusing ring
    Tank-like build quality

i don't like:
    Super big, heavy and long
    Can't attach filter
    Hood cannot be detached
    Distortion, especially obvious with architecture (i correct this in LR)
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

Ya, i do see some distortions here, and this is already corrected, hmm, I still like my 12mm

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    Thanks, yes the lens is sharp at corners as well. You are correct, no filters, big huge bulging front element and undetachable hood.

i like:
    Superb resolution and sharpness
    Excellent CA control
    Relatively cheap
    Silky smooth focusing ring
    Tank-like build quality

i don't like:
    Super big, heavy and long
    Can't attach filter
    Hood cannot be detached
    Distortion, especially obvious with architecture (i correct this in LR)

Ya, i do see some distortions here, and this is already corrected, hmm, I still like my 12mm
    Me too prefer the CV 12mm if had the chance to get one, unfortunately it was sold out and had to make do with SY 14mm; contingency plan!

Can buy 12mm from bh photo lah

Can buy 12mm from bh photo lah
    I think one might be better off buying from Stephen Gandy...