Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GXR!

Default Re: Ricoh GXR!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmundlim View Post
    I just Jump Ship From X100 to GXR... Saving for 28mm Prime now.. Love the GXR Color..
    Welcome to GXR Edmund!! yes i saw ur WTS post!! Both A12...ehh.. should be all 3!!! is a must have

Quote Originally Posted by young124444 View Post
    Thanks man, how is your Ultron doing? got ur Nex5n? very excited about OLED viewfinder
    hope to get it this sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Laksaman View Post
    hope to get it this sat.
    If you getting the OLED viewfinder, can i have a go at it

*removed*
    Last edited by magicianhisoka; 30th September 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Here's some photos that were taken with the 50mm Macro: https://picasaweb.google.com/1023362...KzB_au6hbGSIw#

If you getting the OLED viewfinder, can i have a go at it
    no prob...gonna take awhile to build...evf not exactly cheap...anyway back to topic...dont wanna ot here...so are u getting the m-mount?

Welcome to GXR Edmund!! yes i saw ur WTS post!! Both A12...ehh.. should be all 3!!! is a must have
    Hoping to find ppl selling 2nd hand... but dun think got ppl selling.. haahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Edmundlim View Post
    Hoping to find ppl selling 2nd hand... but dun think got ppl selling.. haahaa
    Yea, keep watching, GXR is not so common, but once a while you see people selling whole set with good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Laksaman View Post
    no prob...gonna take awhile to build...evf not exactly cheap...anyway back to topic...dont wanna ot here...so are u getting the m-mount?
    Yes for sure ha ha, had a lens in wait. but may wait a little for the price to settle...

I am really excited to test out Nex OLED EVF. Until now I have been very impressed by the Ricoh EVF (VF2), i have compared it side by side with Panasonic G2 and X100 on separate occasion... and guess what? i walk away smiling

For my preference and requirement .... (must be very careful here lets Pana and X100 user come to slash me)... it is the better one... if not best ... of the three.

For eg. Comparing to G2, yes G2 has more pixels and thus providing bigger display size and naturally has better eye relief. But the color is more saturated and contrast is higher than VF2.

These may or may not be a blessing. The higher contrast can be an issue in contrasty lighting such as back light or during golden hours where the shadow area seems to appear too dark and lacking in details.

And as you point the camera around, the fluctuation in exposure (due to contrasty lighting) will cause the viewfinder to turn the previously bright part of the scene to almost solid shadow...and then turn back again as you move the camera back to its original composition.
    This too much fluctuation for me...it is both distracting and counterproductive as i often like to frame against the light source.. with G2 i would have less visibility of the details that fall under the shadow and handicap my ability to compose accurately.

VF2 seems to handle the contrast more delicately, there is always more visible detail in the shadow and less fluctuation... pointing the camera around in the same scene, it provide sufficient feedback on the exposure movement while yet CONSISTANTLY keeping the shadow detail visible. I am not saying the viewfinder is overly bright here, because the shadow detail IS visible to the naked eye, so it should be visible in the viewfinder ... and in this aspect VF2 has a more faithful reproduction than GF2.

As for the color, G2 is richer but i prefer the softer looks of VF2. Especially when dealing with skin tone... it is soft and neutral ... the human subject simply looks glowing through the viewfinder (short of inspirational.. no kidding here, find a subject with fine skin and test it out yourself)

To me this is preferred than the more saturated looks of G2 that tend to have a faint color cast on skin due to its saturation.

You may say...it has no consequences on the final picture right?, not entirely true.... because it does affect the photography process and because what we capture is very much influence by what and how we see!

Alright, so much for today.

You guys have a nice weekend!

R0016281 by YoungOoi, on Flickr
    Last edited by young124444; 4th October 2011 at 05:30 PM.

Came across this cafe ... lots of nice little details... in places like this...how could i ever sit still ....

Noticed this tiny display near the foot of the table

GXR A12 50mm with VF-2, Macro mode

R0020141 copy by YoungOoi, on Flickr
    Last edited by young124444; 3rd October 2011 at 09:17 AM.

been following this thread since Jan. very tempting to get GXR+28mm. Show me and poison me with more pictures...

Ricoh has just announced 4th function-enhancing firmware upgrade for its GXR system!!!

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...for_ricoh_gxr/

2. Aspect ratio choices added for auto resize zoom.
    Auto resize zoom can now be used with aspect ratios 1:1, 3:2, and 16:9.

Is GXR able to shot in 4:3 ratio ?

GXR A12 50mm with VF-2, Macro mode

R0020128 copy1 by YoungOoi, on Flickr
    Last edited by young124444; 5th October 2011 at 08:18 PM.

A12 housed a 3:2 APS-C sensor whereas P10 a 4:3 1/2.3" sensor. All capable of shooting in various ratio.

GXR A12 50mm with VF-2,

R0020151 copy by YoungOoi, on Flickr
    Last edited by young124444; 5th October 2011 at 08:18 PM.

GXR A12 50mm with VF-2

high ISO, very pleasing noise in the shadow...

R0020159 copy by YoungOoi, on Flickr
    Last edited by young124444; 5th October 2011 at 10:58 PM.

hi guys, where do you get your 3rd party battery ? ebay ? any local seller ?

3rd party batt, bought fm slrr. below $10 a pc. higher capacity too.

Quote Originally Posted by vader1 View Post
    3rd party batt, bought fm slrr. below $10 a pc. higher capacity too.
    thanks going to grab a few read that the battery last half a day..?

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast