Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Talking Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!


    Very swee packaging. Made in Korea.


    The special plate.


    Mounted onto my G1541T.

    Youtube vid of the quick release mechanism (not taken by me):
    Video Missing

    Overall, it's very sturdy. It's a little bit bigger than my other Markins Q3T, and also very sturdy, friction is there and very high quality. The price w/ shipping is a bit above 400, and it's totally worth the money. Locking your camera is also a simple affair, just flicking the lever will lock it in position tight.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    interesting locking mechanism... but frankly, for that kind of price i would rather go with Arca Swiss standard plates... easier to have it all on all bodies and lenses...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Thanks for the feedback. Thankfully I haven't invested much in plates, so switching for me was not a very hard matter.

  4. #4
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,943
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    blarddy show off !
    Last edited by ed9119; 24th January 2010 at 05:16 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    blarddy show off !
    Just trying to spread a little love around for this.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    The Quick Release clamp is an interesting design. Apart from that the ball head as well as the Quick Release Plates resemble more of Markins M20 for me

  7. #7

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaRv1s View Post
    interesting locking mechanism... but frankly, for that kind of price i would rather go with Arca Swiss standard plates... easier to have it all on all bodies and lenses...
    Ya. Other than the clamp, the ballhead looks very much like an Arca-Swiss or Markins.

    Are the plates widely available or only KPS makes such plates?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Ya. Other than the clamp, the ballhead looks very much like an Arca-Swiss or Markins.

    Are the plates widely available or only KPS makes such plates?
    Only KPS makes these plates to my knowledge.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Only KPS makes these plates to my knowledge.
    The ballhead and the clamp mechanism look very nice. My concern would be the availability of plates, especially for long lenses, L-plates etc. And then when you get all the plates you can't switch to anothe brand of ballhead. As it is my various AS style plates costs me about 1k already.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    The ballhead and the clamp mechanism look very nice. My concern would be the availability of plates, especially for long lenses, L-plates etc. And then when you get all the plates you can't switch to anothe brand of ballhead. As it is my various AS style plates costs me about 1k already.
    I think this setup is only good for those without such commitments such as myself.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •