Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sicily, Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    1,805

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    there is only one race. the human race. the rest are ethnic groups not race!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    You really think there is a correlation between a lack of patroitism and the little word on everyone's IC?
    if you remove my ugly photo from ic,

    i will love singapore more.

    which then leads to the question, what will the ic be for?

    i don't know, so that we can be happy holding and waving a pink card around after we ord.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    There are only two main human races in a photo forum:

    Nikonians and Non-Nikonians.


  4. #24

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    i think we need a common enemy...
    if there's an alien race coming to earth and try to colonize us... then later we will unite and count ourself as one human race...
    ( i learn this from watchmen... )

  5. #25

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    In the beginning, there're only 3 races;

    The humans,



    The elves, and



    The orcs.



    But nowadays, we've got,

    The Trolls,



    The Undead,



    And too many others to name in 1 single post.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  6. #26

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    eyes, you playing too much warcraft!!!!!!!!

  7. #27
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    I like 'Hot' Elves chicks.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  8. #28

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    TS, are you the person who just called in FM95.8 today. He said the same thing in the 有话自己说。

    Got question. Race is a human form word or should I say species and hybrids as that is what it all seems. When continent splitted eons ago, evolution transformed one of the many carbon entities like human into different characteristic or sub-species and knowledge. And through interaction, form hybrids. This is race in my basic definition.

    However as human becomes more intellectual, they need a basic word where species, sub-species and hybrids can understand and differentiate, thus race comes in.
    a race, by definition is not a sub-division of species; ie:its not a sub-species. a more cogent description would be comparable to dogs (NO!! humans are NOT, NOT dogs, I DO NOT SAY THAT!!!). all dogs (domesticated) are of one species...but they all look different. u has chihuahua, st bernard, labrador, etc...but they are all essentially one species. as it is with humans, humans are of one species, but comes in different sized and superficial colors. several thousands of millenia ago, mayb there are another species of humans co-habitating with homo sapiens, but i have doubt about the veracity of such theories due to lack of conclusive evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    i think we need a common enemy...
    if there's an alien race coming to earth and try to colonize us... then later we will unite and count ourself as one human race...
    ( i learn this from watchmen... )
    hence my ref to cylons...lol.
    おれのflickrださ

  9. #29

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

  10. #30

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    This is war.... The Canonian... canoner.... doesn't sound nice and catchy, hmmm. You may have won for now with your nians but we will be back once the name is selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    There are only two main human races in a photo forum:

    Nikonians and Non-Nikonians.


  11. #31

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    a race, by definition is not a sub-division of species; ie:its not a sub-species. a more cogent description would be comparable to dogs (NO!! humans are NOT, NOT dogs, I DO NOT SAY THAT!!!). all dogs (domesticated) are of one species...but they all look different. u has chihuahua, st bernard, labrador, etc...but they are all essentially one species. as it is with humans, humans are of one species, but comes in different sized and superficial colors. several thousands of millenia ago, mayb there are another species of humans co-habitating with homo sapiens, but i have doubt about the veracity of such theories due to lack of conclusive evidence.
    You refering to the Neanderthal?
    A photo is an art painted by light.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    by the way is human race the same as motor race, F1 race, horse race, camel race, dog race ...?
    Yes, if it was organised by Nike.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Nike Human Race


    Will this be yearly events?

  14. #34

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdzmr View Post
    Nike Human Race


    Will this be yearly events?
    U took my joke too seriously...

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojims View Post
    U took my joke too seriously...
    Coincident when I was googling for a definition of Human Race. Then the browser prompt me to this site. Hahahahaha...

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Another pics of Human Race


    Last edited by mdzmr; 14th January 2010 at 04:04 PM.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmycheese View Post
    there is only one race. the human race. the rest are ethnic groups not race!

    But then, who made the entire human race?
    Very perplexing to me indeed.


  18. #38

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    I think this Chinese-Eurasian classification of the child is really silly. What happens if this Chinese-Eurasian boy grows up & marries a girl who is Indian-Caucasian. The race of the child would then be Chinese-Eurasian-Indian-Caucasian. The race of their offspring can only get longer & longer.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    There is NO such thing as RACE

    Geeze I wish some of you lot would actually just go google the !#@ issue and learn something for a change instead of just spouting rubbish non stop.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  20. #40

    Default Re: Why so many races when there is only the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    But then, who made the entire human race?
    Very perplexing to me indeed.

    a goat did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •