Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac Crashed

Default Re: Mac Crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    will check again and test

that's not funny lor. Maybe for you
    My humble apology, Bro. Just for fun. Hope you don't mind.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    My humble apology, Bro. Just for fun. Hope you don't mind.
    no worries. Was not in the mood for joke that day.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Sighz,....... It still in hospital and it has change the whole MB but the problem is still there.

Hope really it just software problems....

I just had a prob with my mbp. Slow and hang.I couldn't repair permissions or verify disk. Some error 5: I/O errors. thought HD gameover but they manage to fix it. Have u fix yours?bythe time I came home ,they called to say it is fix

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    I just had a prob with my mbp. Slow and hang.I couldn't repair permissions or verify disk. Some error 5: I/O errors. thought HD gameover but they manage to fix it. Have u fix yours?bythe time I came home ,they called to say it is fix
    No, mine is still there since last friday.

that is very sian...i also din expect mine to be so fast. in the beginning they say cannot repair need to change HD. then they called say ok. i thought I/O errors usu means the HD got bad sectors and gone case alr... i wonder if it is due to 7200rpm HD.

how can they take so long to repair your laptop..don't they know ppl needs their laptop for work?

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    that is very sian...i also din expect mine to be so fast. in the beginning they say cannot repair need to change HD. then they called say ok. i thought I/O errors usu means the HD got bad sectors and gone case alr... i wonder if it is due to 7200rpm HD.

how can they take so long to repair your laptop..don't they know ppl needs their laptop for work?
    I also dont know why it take so long.... maybe mine a "special" case? Just wait lor

DOnt think is the HD problem as i still manage to read it as external HD while connect to other Mac.

confirmed. Logi board gone case......

confirmed. Logi board gone case......
    sad...means can writeoff the mbp liao...my iMac G5 oso kenna logic board kaput before. actually kaput twice! once during warranty and once after, it's prohibitively expensive to repair the logic board so I just let it rot in one corner of my room now...
    Last edited by coolsigg; 21st January 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Blog Entries

feel sad for you

Anyone got any experience here? My MBP just crashed (1st time)

And triedSafe Boot, PRAM and NVRAM but still cant make it. Wonder any expert here know how to trouble shoot?

Just troubleshooting myself and if really cant make it then will send it in....

It just sudden appear that ask me to restart and restart even i done so.

thanks
    I gave up on macs after my last crash
    Life is about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    sad...means can writeoff the mbp liao...my iMac G5 oso kenna logic board kaput before. actually kaput twice! once during warranty and once after, it's prohibitively expensive to repair the logic board so I just let it rot in one corner of my room now...
    Not at the moment for me to repair it, as it will cost about 1.2k i think.

Also not getting a new one as it even more expansive..... So now the time being wont have lappy......

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    feel sad for you
    sighz..... thanks for the condolence

Quote Originally Posted by smarc View Post
    I gave up on macs after my last crash
    I will still use Mac, it just my luck as there is not "guarantee" over electrical stuff or softwares etc... It just personal preference and i will never go back to PC

My 8 year old 17" PowerBook 1ghz (1st gen) is still running fine. But i have gave it to my niece for her to surf net so wont be taking that back too.

Not at the moment for me to repair it, as it will cost about 1.2k i think.

Also not getting a new one as it even more expansive..... So now the time being wont have lappy......

sighz..... thanks for the condolence

I will still use Mac, it just my luck as there is not "guarantee" over electrical stuff or softwares etc... It just personal preference and i will never go back to PC

My 8 year old 17" PowerBook 1ghz (1st gen) is still running fine. But i have gave it to my niece for her to surf net so wont be taking that back too.
    It's too bad. My 5 year old PowerBook is quite well made also, but the backlight is failing now. I've had good luck with most of the machines, but I always buy refurbished to avoid problems.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    It's too bad. My 5 year old PowerBook is quite well made also, but the backlight is failing now. I've had good luck with most of the machines, but I always buy refurbished to avoid problems.

Good luck!
    Ya, my 7 plus PowerBook still running fine.

THe option for me now is that if i repair, they ask me want to use refurbished or brand new motherboard. Which the price is SO MUCH diff! But i knw refurbished set is 2nd hand etc.

thinking of the refurbished MB but it dont have warranty even after repair and wonder will i be so lucky and it just dead again with months or just weeks.....

My refurbished iPod lasted me about 3 years +. Still can listen just that the clicking wheels is not working well. Went checked out the Slim Shop which got do repairs but they dont have my parts....
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 22nd January 2010 at 06:33 PM.

i think mine might be this problem as mine is fall into one of the batch (MBP early 2008)

Wonder any folks here done the claim before?
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 25th January 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Just got back my MBP and they have check the new logic board for free

Now it's back to normal liao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12