Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: Dell U2410 feedback

  1. #81

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Anyone manage to calibrate this monitor well?

  2. #82

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by amachi View Post
    Anyone manage to calibrate this monitor well?
    yes, reasonably well

  3. #83

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by amachi View Post
    Anyone manage to calibrate this monitor well?
    only if you use the hidden user manual to adjust the color temp. if you use the custom color mode, some of the color would always be off. in my case, the green is crazy.



    you may forget the custom color mode and use the presets like sRGB or Standard color mode, the results are satisfactory. but all accelerated video/graphic would be uncorrected. eg, the mouse color and overlay video.



    the best way of solving the problems is the hidden user manual.



    I could further improve it but I prefer my internet surfing monitor to be cooler and less bright, I use D75 as an example.


  4. #84
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    wah, how come calibration so chiim one? I thought it is just plug the device on the screen, calibrator software take over test different colours and luminance and all calibrated easy peazy.

    I don't remember seeing so many numbers leh. I used a ColorMunki Photo and it made all the adjustments itself, I believe Spyder would also be the same.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    wah, how come calibration so chiim one? I thought it is just plug the device on the screen, calibrator software take over test different colours and luminance and all calibrated easy peazy.

    I don't remember seeing so many numbers leh. I used a ColorMunki Photo and it made all the adjustments itself, I believe Spyder would also be the same.
    how do you know if the calibration is a success if the software doesn't report back? just assume everything is at their right place after the calibration?

    I don't know about ColorMunki but this is one of the reason why Spyder is affordable--you'll would never know if the calibration is successful cause it never give an analyst report. Spyder is not known to gives very consistent result, that might be the reason why they left out analyst & report feature. no, a before and after image is as good as useless--the result may be worst than before.

    I'm don't wish OT in this thread, just replying what I found about U2410's calibration. but I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see wrong info, but if the Spyder works for you, great.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlim View Post
    only if you use the hidden user manual to adjust the color temp. if you use the custom color mode, some of the color would always be off. in my case, the green is crazy.

    you may forget the custom color mode and use the presets like sRGB or Standard color mode, the results are satisfactory. but all accelerated video/graphic would be uncorrected. eg, the mouse color and overlay video.

    the best way of solving the problems is the hidden user manual.
    Hi kurtlim, I'm using u2410 too. Can you elaborate how to access the hidden user manual? Currently, I'm calibrating my monitor based on the preset setting (1 for aRGB and 1 for sRGB). I've tried adjusting the custom RGB setting to get the white point but resuls have been way off.
    Last edited by slth123; 7th September 2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo error

  7. #87

    Thumbs down Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by slth123 View Post
    Hi kurtlim, I'm using u2410 too. Can you elaborate how to access the hidden user manual? Currently, I'm calibrating my monitor based on the preset setting (1 for aRGB and 1 for sRGB). I've tried adjusting the custom RGB setting to get the white point but resuls have been way off.
    oops! I must **** eyed last night. it is actually hidden service menu. lol.


  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Wow, it works! Thank you so much!

  9. #89
    Member catohcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    any current discount coupon on this monitor? =D

  10. #90

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    I've a Dell Ultrasharp 24" for about 3 years. Cost me about $1500 back then. No complaint.

    But I'm thinking of selling mine and upgrade to a 27" or 30".

  11. #91

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by slth123 View Post
    Wow, it works! Thank you so much!
    good for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by catohcat View Post
    any current discount coupon on this monitor? =D
    Try here, just keep clicking the green button--customise, continue, add to cart--till you see the order cart. $629 till 16 Sep 2010.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlim View Post
    how do you know if the calibration is a success if the software doesn't report back? just assume everything is at their right place after the calibration?

    I don't know about ColorMunki but this is one of the reason why Spyder is affordable--you'll would never know if the calibration is successful cause it never give an analyst report. Spyder is not known to gives very consistent result, that might be the reason why they left out analyst & report feature. no, a before and after image is as good as useless--the result may be worst than before.

    I'm don't wish OT in this thread, just replying what I found about U2410's calibration. but I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see wrong info, but if the Spyder works for you, great.
    sorry, also OT abit, but can we trust the report made with the same profiling device and/or software as the device and/or software package that did the profiling in the first place?...

  13. #93

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    sorry, also OT abit, but can we trust the report made with the same profiling device and/or software as the device and/or software package that did the profiling in the first place?...
    which one do you prefer to see when you went for your annually medical checkup:

    A medical report with detail data/chart/etc..
    or
    a piece of paper that simply say OK..

    I would prefer to know what I may need to improve to live a few year longer--nobody's immortal and nothing is perfect. as I said, I don't wish to OT, if you prefer the latter, great.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlim View Post
    which one do you prefer to see when you went for your annually medical checkup:

    A medical report with detail data/chart/etc..
    or
    a piece of paper that simply say OK..

    I would prefer to know what I may need to improve to live a few year longer--nobody's immortal and nothing is perfect. as I said, I don't wish to OT, if you prefer the latter, great.
    I prefer a second opinion... which was my point, not that it's not good to have a report but that a report should be from a "third party" to be truly meaningful... but I did get your point to begin with

  15. #95

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlim View Post

    Try here, just keep clicking the green button--customise, continue, add to cart--till you see the order cart. $629 till 16 Sep 2010.
    Thanks for sharing. Been waiting for a discount. Bought it last night.
    Sean

  16. #96

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    using one of this. my 1st set has serious colour cast, pink on left and green on right side. 2nd set they send a refurbished, kenna screwed by me.

    3rd time lucky

    check Hardwarezone forum for more feedbacks.
    Seems like Dell is trying this dirty trick on customers wanting a replacement for green/pink cast.

    I had this problem, asked for replacement, they sent me old set with finger prints all over screen and even water marks... Production date was june 2010 while my previous set was Aug2010... apparent that they sent me an old set. Worst thing is - the green/pink issue is even worse on this replacement..

    Have to call them make noise a bit to get another replacement.

    All of you wanting to get this should note the excellent service of Dell. Waste of my time
    Sean

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlim View Post
    how do you know if the calibration is a success if the software doesn't report back? just assume everything is at their right place after the calibration?

    I don't know about ColorMunki but this is one of the reason why Spyder is affordable--you'll would never know if the calibration is successful cause it never give an analyst report. Spyder is not known to gives very consistent result, that might be the reason why they left out analyst & report feature. no, a before and after image is as good as useless--the result may be worst than before.

    I'm don't wish OT in this thread, just replying what I found about U2410's calibration. but I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see wrong info, but if the Spyder works for you, great.
    May i ask which calibration tool do you use to calibrate your monitor? Thanks.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    May i ask which calibration tool do you use to calibrate your monitor? Thanks.
    i1 Display 2.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

    Wow, this is a super old thread but happen to be looking at dell right now, searched and saw...


    Dell
    Dual Monitor Bundle - Qty 2 - Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 21.5-inch Monitor with 3-Year Warranty and Mount for 549 right now.

    There are quite a few Dell coupon codes I found on Frugaldad out again. Just thought I'd share!
    Last edited by clapattack; 28th April 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •