Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dell U2410 feedback

Default Re: Dell U2410 feedback

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    But this screen comes already calibrated that's what I read, but nothing beats dedicated calibration I agree bcos we all have different ambient lighting at home etc..

../azul123
    ya factory calibrated. but i read somewhere in other forums that the color is still not to pro level. some still use syder 3 to calibrate for better color.

anyway i read thru the forum, this monitor for an unofficial firmware leak to upgrade for dilithering issue that i mention eariler saying the "black patches"

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    Oops, did I say something confidential All I heard is also rumours There's a new 27" coming up as well..
    yes this is rumour since this monitor is out

But this screen comes already calibrated that's what I read, but nothing beats dedicated calibration I agree bcos we all have different ambient lighting at home etc..

../azul123
    I don't trust Dell's calibration at all. I can assure you it is off by quite a margin.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcup View Post
    ya factory calibrated. but i read somewhere in other forums that the color is still not to pro level. some still use syder 3 to calibrate for better color.

anyway i read thru the forum, this monitor for an unofficial firmware leak to upgrade for dilithering issue that i mention eariler saying the "black patches"
    The black patches will appear if you use sRGB and Adobe RGB mode. Anyway, not recommended to use if you are planning on profiling your monitor.

i not planning, i just update the latest firmware leak, it is good!

If CNY offer is $639 then, no need to wait for Comex... not long lah, months fly past so quickly. Especially, if already have other computer to work on.

../azul123
    You can try now with this coupon code "7L4CPNL8C$1SDG" to get additional 70$ off from 739$. Not sure whether the 100$ coupon code will be up again before CNY

Quote Originally Posted by devilcup View Post
    yes this is rumour since this monitor is out
    Dude, I didn't mean that the 27" IPS is a rumour as it's already out U2711. I was quoting the price drop on U2410 as a rumour..

You can try now with this coupon code "7L4CPNL8C$1SDG" to get additional 70$ off from 739$. Not sure whether the 100$ coupon code will be up again before CNY
    This code works.

Not ordered yet, maybe wait till last day and see if there is better offer.

../azul123

This code works.

Not ordered yet, maybe wait till last day and see if there is better offer.

../azul123
    I think it's already a good deal However if there's a chance of getting another 30$ more, I'd wait too. With another 40+$$ I can increase the warranty to 5 Years

I think it's already a good deal However if there's a chance of getting another 30$ more, I'd wait too. With another 40+$$ I can increase the warranty to 5 Years
    Go down to their store at Funan and price match before the online deal is over. They have said that they are always willing to sell at lower than the online price if you order directly from them at their store. This is because they need to have sufficient walk-in business in order to justify their existence there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Go down to their store at Funan and price match before the online deal is over. They have said that they are always willing to sell at lower than the online price if you order directly from them at their store. This is because they need to have sufficient walk-in business in order to justify their existence there.
    You might or you might not, but it's worth the try nevertheless. The online offers are sometimes quite ridiculously cheap and the store might not be able to match that price. The marketing team for direct sales and the indirect sales do not work in tandem..Hope I'm not disclosing too much of stuff here

Do DELL accept trade-in for their monitors?

Last 1.5 years when I bought my monitor, the only good 24" monitor from DELL was the 2408, but the price was about SGD 1K.

I refused to get it and settled with a 500++ dollar 24" DELL monitor, but the color is not exactly what I like hehe.. Thinking to trade in my current one to get this U2410

Blog Entries

from my experience buying from dell

an order from a business will have a better price
    call them up to place an order instead of online

Quote Originally Posted by amachi View Post
    Do DELL accept trade-in for their monitors?

Last 1.5 years when I bought my monitor, the only good 24" monitor from DELL was the 2408, but the price was about SGD 1K.

I refused to get it and settled with a 500++ dollar 24" DELL monitor, but the color is not exactly what I like hehe.. Thinking to trade in my current one to get this U2410
    As far as I know, there's no trade-in for end users..

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    from my experience buying from dell

an order from a business will have a better price
    call them up to place an order instead of online
    Bro, trust me..the online price can't be even matched with an LE pricing now The online price is relatively cheaper..

Dude, I didn't mean that the 27" IPS is a rumour as it's already out U2711. I was quoting the price drop on U2410 as a rumour..
    oh sorry my bad.

U2711 really make me wanna change my U2410 :X

Sorry if I'm OT-ing

But why don't DELL make UltraSharp series anymore..... I mean, they are still selling the smaller 20" UltraSharp, I'm using the 22" UltraSharp.... but they no longer make 24" or 27" UltraSharp mode LCD anymore.

I'm still looking for a good 24" LCD from DELL.... but I would like an UltraSharp mode

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Sorry if I'm OT-ing

But why don't DELL make UltraSharp series anymore..... I mean, they are still selling the smaller 20" UltraSharp, I'm using the 22" UltraSharp.... but they no longer make 24" or 27" UltraSharp mode LCD anymore.

I'm still looking for a good 24" LCD from DELL.... but I would like an UltraSharp mode
    Isn't the U2410 the Ultrasharp Series???
    A photo is an art painted by light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Isn't the U2410 the Ultrasharp Series???

The UltraSharp series are under number xxxxWFP... as in 2208WFP for my 22" model.

I'm looking at DELL Singapore Website now.... can't see even model U2410... only model ST2410.... Are we suppose to order from DELL foreign website ??

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    The UltraSharp series are under number xxxxWFP... as in 2208WFP for my 22" model.

I'm looking at DELL Singapore Website now.... can't see even model U2410... only model ST2410.... Are we suppose to order from DELL foreign website ??
    That's because you were looking for it under the wrong section.
    It is listed under the Small & Medium Business Section.
    http://www1.ap.dell.com/sg/en/busine...=bsd&cs=sgbsd1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast