Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DA 40mm 2.8 Pancake

Default Re: DA 40mm 2.8 Pancake

I like the DA40 for its true pancake size. It just looks so cute and small! If I have extra money, really tempted to get it. I heard many good things about its IQ too. I never tried once before so I can't compare with my FA35 but I also thought the focal length of the FA35 and DA40 is very near to justify owning 2 of them.

Bro scorpioh, what is the main differences between the 2 besides the physical size and speed?
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    I like the DA40 for its true pancake size. It just looks so cute and small! If I have extra money, really tempted to get it. I heard many good things about its IQ too. I never tried once before so I can't compare with my FA35 but I also thought the focal length of the FA35 and DA40 is very near to justify owning 2 of them.

Bro scorpioh, what is the main differences between the 2 besides the physical size and speed?
    Emm, I had also never tried the FA35. Ha. Pysical size/design and speed is enough reasons for them to be very different. Handling is also very different - DA40 feels very discrete. Optically, it should be more on the rendering charateristic. FA lenses are usually warmer while DA lenses cooler.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Ya after using my FA35 and DA70 quite intensively for the past 2 weeks, I do find the colours from the FA35 warmer but I prefer the rendering of the DA70 better. The colours just seems more real/comfortable to me and there's a certain 3D quality to the pictures especially portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Emm, I had also never tried the FA35. Ha. Pysical size/design and speed is enough reasons for them to be very different. Handling is also very different - DA40 feels very discrete. Optically, it should be more on the rendering charateristic. FA lenses are usually warmer while DA lenses cooler.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Yes. Da Limiteds rendering feels abit more modern while FA feels more film like. The good thing if you like the DA rendering is that it is consistent across all the 5 pieces of DA limiteds.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ...it probably won't be the top of my priority list like 10-20 was, but i plan to get one someday.
    how much are you willing to cough up for a 10-20 in great condition without warranty? let me know!

not most likely for him to leave the 10-20. actually it was his first love...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

All I can say is...... I wish I never sold mine..... Now I'll buy a new one again.

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    how much are you willing to cough up for a 10-20 in great condition without warranty? let me know!
    i already have one long ago..

it is still my most expensive lens, ironically....

quoted for da 40mm

OP - 590
    CP - 570
    Canon 5D2, 1dmk2n, 24-70 L, 70-200 L, 50 1.8

pm gengh too, to make his life easier

Quote Originally Posted by gigahz View Post
    quoted for da 40mm

OP - 590
    CP - 570

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12