Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DFA 100 WR Macro Handson Review

Default Re: DFA 100 WR Macro Handson Review

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    so where exactly are we able to get a dfa100 macro WR?
    Those shops the sell Pentax: Manly, OP, SLR Rev... But I don't suggest you to go to Cathay Photo or MS Color. They just don't follow local Pentax agent's price guidelines...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, I admit, I like leengirl a lot. It's not my fault but hers Lucky she doesn't look like teruranse's girl
    wa but what if terurence's girl carry a Pentax k-x too?

Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    wa but what if terurence's girl carry a Pentax k-x too?
    You think terurance's girl would carry a mismatching cool-x mah? She'd carry an ugly Sony that's for sure

thanks a lot, think i'll check with slrr for the price
    main thing now is that i have to check if that extra 300 over dollars justify the 100 over tammy's offering

main thing now is that i have to check if that extra 300 over dollars justify the 100 over tammy's offering
    i dunno about pentax 100mm macro af speed, heard tammy one is a bit slow in af, but very good iq.

Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    i dunno about pentax 100mm macro af speed, heard tammy one is a bit slow in af, but very good iq.
    AF for the DFA100 or DFA100WR is slow or even very slow when you change from focusing a far object to a new object or when lighting is inadequate but indeed, IQ is very good. Managed to try both yesterday and today and resisted the temptation to get one successfully as I find that the focusing is kind of slow for my liking.
    Black A6000, Tamron 18-200 Di III VC, SELP1650, SEL50F18, SEL30F18, SEL16F28

u must be joking the tamron is a very capable lens but its not in the same league as the 100mm WR.

- solid build quality
    - metal lens construction
    - weather resistant
    - pentax lens coating
    - rounded aperture blades

i would buy it in a heartbeat if i didn't have a 100mm macro already.

Quote Originally Posted by normanho23 View Post
    AF for the DFA100 or DFA100WR is slow or even very slow when you change from focusing a far object to a new object or when lighting is inadequate but indeed, IQ is very good. Managed to try both yesterday and today and resisted the temptation to get one successfully as I find that the focusing is kind of slow for my liking.
    macro lenses are all like that... it hunts a bit more because min focusing dist is only 30cm. so if u tried to focus on something far away with the focusing ring at the 30cm position, obviously it has to go one big round before it locks focus.

sigma makes a macro lens that has a focus lock so it doesn't hunt all the way from min focusing dist to infinity.

i have a more crude solution: it has quick shift. just MF to roughly the distance where your subject is, and let the AF do the rest.

why must buy the WR over the tamron ? its fine to choose the tamron...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    u must be joking the tamron is a very capable lens but its not in the same league as the 100mm WR.

- solid build quality
    - metal lens construction
    - weather resistant
    - pentax lens coating
    - rounded aperture blades

i would buy it in a heartbeat if i didn't have a 100mm macro already.
    for me more imp is the picture a lens produces..
    besides, my wallet isnt in the league of dfa 100 macro wr anyway.. lol

picture nice or not is up to the photographer, not just the lens

and if u're into bokeh, the rounded aperture blades makes a difference.

There is no bad macro lens, and as flowerpot said above, the Tamron is a great macro lens too. There is nothing wrong w/ it, it's just you might will still think about the DFA100WR after you get the Tamron, and considering those sleepless nights you'd have, better just get the DFA100WR and be done w/ it

And don't listen to flowerpot's suggestion. He's got a Voigtlander 125 macro, he doesn't really care about the DFA100WR, although in his gut he also wants one lah

hahhaa the mind games all the pros playing..
    merely looking from outside makes me dizzy..

just to illustrate my point. a picture really says a thousand words sometimes...

i didn't want to post this one cos i really didn't like the way it turned out... however, it serves as a good illustration of the limitations of a "normal" macro. this one is taken with the samsung d-xenon 100mm macro. its a clone of the pentax d-fa 100mm macro made by hoya for samsung.

|ISO: 200 | Exposure: 1/60 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 100mm |

u see the red octagon shape at the top right hand corner? THAT would NOT happen with a 100mm WR under identical conditions. why? rounded aperture blades!

See what I mean? You started to dizzy now, and you probably had some or many sleepless nights already. Do you wanna continue being like that?

just to illustrate my point. a picture really says a thousand words sometimes...

i didn't want to post this one cos i really didn't like the way it turned out... however, it serves as a good illustration of the limitations of a "normal" macro. this one is taken with the samsung d-xenon 100mm macro. its a clone of the pentax d-fa 100mm macro made by hoya for samsung.

u see the red octagon shape at the top right hand corner? THAT would NOT happen with a 100mm WR under identical conditions. why? rounded aperture blades!
    alamak, shooting macro also talk bokeh

a few beefs here. the bug & leave seems fake. the lighting is harsh and the flash too strong. you should get a new diffuser and NOT a new lens. shooting at lower flash power will help

joke aside, unless you are shooting potraits, bokeh is immaterial. the lack of an aperture ring in the DFA100 WR basically a deal-killer for me here. no hard feeling.
    shoot to remember. flickr

As they say. The only way to resist LBA is to succumb to it.

If 300 is too much for you to spend on WR, rounded aperture blade and Quick Shift just buy the Tamron. Based on reviews the IQ would not differ much.

I had the DFA100 WR btw. If I knew I can buy a Tamron for that much I MIGHT not have bought the Pentax. Did I regret it? NO. Because it killed my LBA for the 77 ^_^'>

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    You think terurance's girl would carry a mismatching cool-x mah? She'd carry an ugly Sony that's for sure
    no leh... she super pretty wor...

"...dun you wish you galfriend was hot like me... dun you wish your galfriend was hot like me... dun ya..."

There is a lot to speak on this image, on the subject(bugs) on the exposure, flash etc than on aperture blades Personally, I like the old school with the aperture ring control manually on the outside _Manual Mode Just a personal choice.

marcus

...THAT would NOT happen with a 100mm WR under identical conditions. why? rounded aperture blades!
    Why so worked up on bokeh for macro?
    Use ring flash to get this.

Or use Sigma 180 to have this.
    Pentax for Life

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast