Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: education not up to standards.

Default Re: education not up to standards.

Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

just curious - how can you be in a top school when the first batch of students haven't even take their A levels yet? new IP school?

cant be my old secondary school, they got their first batch of a level results last year. aiyah my old DM also like this, very communist one. haha

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    Let me give u an example- my classmate every year deans list. Every exam top student or 2nd highest in university. She is perpetually late by 20-30min for all lecture. When she is on time, those topic she on time and she gets 2nd or 3rd. Those late all top scorer. Tell your principal wake up
    Let's look at a senerio...

So now you r the boss of the company..

Do you allow your workers to come to work late?

So why?

Top school. Supposely to be model school.. do you think such behaviour is acceptable even in a neighbourhood schools?
    Last edited by Yappy; 13th January 2010 at 01:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Educators have their own ways of sending a message across, work or fail, soft approach, hard approach, and everything in between........their intentions are good

My old school principal from many years back used to say

"If you cannot respect your school, your teachers and your fellow students by being on time, then find a school that starts at a time that is convenient to you."

A 'famous' quote from our discipline master then was along the lines of:

"Most, not all, of you will likely end up with good careers and personal businesses........ but society also needs its gardeners, rubbish collectors and toilet cleaners ....these are humble BUT honest jobs that are important to our country ..... you decide"
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    A 'famous' quote from our discipline master then was along the lines of:

"Most, not all, of you will likely end up with good careers and personal businesses........ but society also needs its gardeners, rubbish collectors and toilet cleaners ....these are humble BUT honest jobs that are important to our country ..... you decide"
    hahahah! yeah rite...like anybody ever seen a singaporean who does these jobs!
    おれのflickrださ

I think your principal is smart guy to be successful and be your principal. His English no good, but if he is a dumb how he can be your principal? My mama always say to respect your elderly. You making his fun, show that you quite a rude boy..
    ZY workshop - "Even Better Than You Are": Full Day Wedding services

Quote Originally Posted by davidzhangyao View Post
    I think your principal is smart guy to be successful and be your principal. His English no good, but if he is a dumb how he can be your principal? My mama always say to respect your elderly. You making his fun, show that you quite a rude boy..
    u quite obviously (maybe) havent met a stupid incompetent 'elder'...let me direct ur attention north...
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    hahahah! yeah rite...like anybody ever seen a singaporean who does these jobs!

You have not seen and not come across does not means there aren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    You have not seen and not come across does not means there aren't any.
    generally...generally....i've seen old ones...but the youngs onews....more often than not...bangla guys.
    おれのflickrださ

top school have positive and negative too, just that some top school are good at covering ""

Blog Entries

ok. more updates.

today, he called our students rotten, no values, and he even called one a danger to all.
    according to him, all our students are not self disciplined. ALL.

and he noted due to our higherchinese this year actually doing 13% more badly than nationals, (or something to that effect), we are all rotten.

he asked one of the students to express his opinion, which he did, admittedly not too mature, but here is a rough gist.

principal gives talk. highlights HCl being badder, students having no discipline, due to dirty canteen, calls us stupid, rotten, and many other insults, and hair length problems.

not just that, when he said now is time to express ur opinion, one of our classmates did, highlighted canteen dirty is due to construction being poor, and htat rain water keeps seeping in. expressed that hair length did not affect studies (which i do agree. if looks mattered in sch then we probably are in a modelling agency.), teachers being not hardworking ( i do not agree this one. have to admit this was stupid of him. i personally feel that its the method of teaching maybe not too effective. teachers did put in a lot of effort. i respect them for that.).

now the principal takes over, calls him a dangerous person poisoning our minds, that he says stuff we like to listen. he claims, having long hair blocks vision and affects studies
    (he didnt do experiment, he isnt an expert on it. he shldnt make baseless claims. einstein has messy hair. and einstien, as i quote: “Long hair minimizes the need for barbers; socks can be done without; one leather jacket solves the coat problem for many years; suspenders are superfluous.” ). its the brains that matters. if looks matters ur a superficial person.

and he NOW SMARTLY BLAMES THE CONTRACTORS SAYING THEY HAVENT HAND OVER YET SO all the poor construction ITS NOT HIS FAULT.( he switches the problem source from students to contractors.)

and he claims we are inhuman cause we litter around the place and cleaners have to clean up getting scolded by managers cause its our fault, (ill make no comments on this. i didnt experience it personally. i only buy bottled drinks from canteen and only ate once.)
    and further implements a rule that no students can take 4h2 subjects unless scoring both languages A2 and above. and blames on us cause we didnt do well and we have made hell for students.

for my case, i did excellent for the HSK exam, and terrible for the HCL exam.

i have no idea. cause my english is a A2.
    adding on, he said he would give everyone a second chance before taking action. ironically, my friend who wanted to go up to clarify matters, he was denied the chance and principal called him dangerous element.

and i question, is this act befitting for a principal? insulting students, calling names, blaming everyone else and doing such things? comments pls. i would just wanna hear the opinion of the masses. i have no intention to damage any reputation of anyone.

quit whining! you be the head of the school then :P

itsmineonly
    Guests

Woah TS the policies getting more and more ridiculous.

To put into perspective: By bell curve, technically the top 30% should get A1 or A2. Hence. => 30% of students will get >A2 for Eng. 30% of students will get >A2 for Chinese. => 30%*30%=9% of students will get >A2 for both languages. Wow. 9% of students take 4H2? For a top school, that should be the number of people NOT taking 4H2.

TS you should get your council to like bring this up. Super unfair to the juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmineonly View Post

To put into perspective: By bell curve, technically the top 30% should get A1 or A2. Hence. => 30% of students will get >A2 for Eng. 30% of students will get >A2 for Chinese. => 30%*30%=9% of students will get >A2 for both languages. Wow. 9% of students take 4H2? For a top school, that should be the number of people NOT taking 4H2.

TS you should get your council to like bring this up. Super unfair to the juniors.
    technically, top 30%

but you are talking about the broad population here, as you point out, this is for a top school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsmineonly View Post

damn. finally some one smart enough to put up the numbers. i always had a problem doing stuff like this.

now i need u to take note of this. so far all his comments, never once faced public scrutiny. and he is very arrogant. its almost like he knows he will never get under fire. i'm sensing possibly covering up from somewhere.

and i'm not whiny.
    Wow. 9% of students take 4H2? For a top school, that should be the number of people NOT taking 4H2.
    imagine ur son/daughter in this sch. how would u feel.

edit: hold it.me thinks me can add on to make it a better one.
    let me handle the maths. u gave me an idea. i shall use a set of old records, from a report card for a certain lvl.

english: avg for score is 69, while getting a mark of 71/100 is ranking u at the 67 percentile.maximum score is 82/100.

and chinese, a mark of 65 gives u a percentile of 46 and the avg is 66/100. max is 89/100

u might wanna base ur calculations on this. would be better.i would wanna know wad are the predictions for such a senario.

i'm counting.

if i'm assuming its a perfect bell curve
    we shld get about 30% scoring chinese as a2 and above, and probably more than 35 % scoring a2 and above?
    maximum is 30% of us can take 4h2,
    lowest is none of us can take.

propability of cohort can take 4h2? abt 10.5%
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 13th January 2010 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post

yea. this shld help. not much but still it helps.
    i grow weary of this.

i'll give it one more day, then i will forward this link to relevant people so that something can be done instead of you using clubsnap as your daily journal of unhappiness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i grow weary of this.

i'll give it one more day, then i will forward this link to relevant people so that something can be done instead of you using clubsnap as your daily journal of unhappiness.
    hey nightmare wad u mean u gonna forward the link.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i grow weary of this.

Perhaps this real happening is a real test for the future
    improvement of our educational system in our country.

The fact that it has been told in a discussion forum
    like this so openly proved that things have to be changed.
    It is one very good method to make changes.

Have been and seen such behaviors already.
    These people standing in front of the schools or classes
    have little clue as to how to serve the students instead
    of sticking out their tongues to misbehaving students.

Time for the big change in our educational system!

Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Perhaps this real happening is a real test for the future
    improvement of our educational system in our country.

The fact that it has been told in a discussion forum
    like this so openly proved that things have to be changed.
    It is one very good method to make changes.
    it's been told to the wrong people.

it's like, i have a problem with the bus service,

i'm standing in front of a bunch of photographers wailing about it.

do you think anything will improve in the bus service? not in a thousand years. it is a waste of breath. might as well put it where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hey nightmare wad u mean u gonna forward the link.
    exactly what it says.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast