Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: where to buy Hygrometer?

  1. #1
    Member vintay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore East
    Posts
    7

    Default where to buy Hygrometer?

    Hi,
    Anyone know where can I buy Hygrometer and cost?
    Is there analog or digital type?
    TRy searching the forum but cannot find
    -----------------------------------------
    Canon 7D, EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

  2. #2

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Sim Lim Tower, many many....analogue/digital also have. About $25.

    Alternatively, www.dealextreme.com - free shipping to singapore

  3. #3
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Got mine form Op (SLM) at $20.
    Digital hygrometer for my Analogue Dri cabi.. HTH..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  4. #4

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintay23 View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone know where can I buy Hygrometer and cost?
    Is there analog or digital type?
    TRy searching the forum but cannot find
    Don't just anyhow buy one. Bring one that is known to be accurate and use its readings as a reference when choosing one. A non accurate one can be off by as much as RH 15%. So choose wisely.

  5. #5

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrios View Post
    Don't just anyhow buy one. Bring one that is known to be accurate and use its readings as a reference when choosing one. A non accurate one can be off by as much as RH 15%. So choose wisely.
    Would you have any recommendations as to which are reliable/renowned for accuracy?

  6. #6

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Would you have any recommendations as to which are reliable/renowned for accuracy?
    My personal experience tells me the Caliber 3 is accurate out of the box. I've bought 2 of them together with some other makes, 8 in total, and have subjected them to DIY and Humidipak salt tests. The results showed that one of the WC3 was dead on RH75% while the other was 74%. The rest were between 71% and 72%. One other that I had bought from a local DIY shop tested +15%.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Any company selling scientific instrument; esp those to school.

  8. #8

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    bought mine @local DIY shop...reading +5% compare to my digital reading in dry-cabi. not sure which one more accurate...
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

  9. #9

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    i buy from ebay, think about $10... i have 2 in my dry cabinet and readings indicate accuracy of +/-5% when compared to the readings on the meter of the dry cabinet.

  10. #10

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrios View Post
    My personal experience tells me the Caliber 3 is accurate out of the box. I've bought 2 of them together with some other makes, 8 in total, and have subjected them to DIY and Humidipak salt tests. The results showed that one of the WC3 was dead on RH75% while the other was 74%. The rest were between 71% and 72%. One other that I had bought from a local DIY shop tested +15%.
    Thanks for the heads up Barrios!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?

  12. #12
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?
    You will need a certified scientific hygrometer for that.

    Fluke - Hart Scientific 1620A DewK hygrometer with up to up to 1.5% to 2.0% accuracy, start bid at US$$1,795.00.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 11th January 2010 at 07:10 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #13
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    I would'nt waste too much time on the accuracy of the meter; you can feel the dry air when you stick your hand inside.

    I rather spent more time taking photographs.

  14. #14

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    I don't have a wine cell but the CALIBER III is accurate and measures down to zero. Got 1 unit and is accurate. Buy those that coupled with humidipak to check for accuracy for the rest of your 10 hygrometers.

    If it interest you, take a sealed bottle and fill half with silica gel. You will notice that different hygrometer has high resistance in measuring low %, some may just stuck at 20%. But that all do pretty fine along 40-80%.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?

  15. #15

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    i have more than 10 Hygrometers, 5 from the dry cabinets - from digi-cabi, and each one shows different readings when placed in the same cupboard. Even the 2 bought from sim lim tower and 1 from casio all show different readouts. Like this how to believe who is telling the truth? Is there any calibrated Hygrometeres out there to tell a accurate reading?

    when u talk abt difference in reading, how much is it? unless u talking +/- 10% or more, why worry so much. why u need to have such an accurate RH reading for. i would say relax n spend the extra cash on lenses or tripod

  16. #16
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Welcome to CS Try homefix
    Take the shot!

  17. #17
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    just do the salt test to see how much your hygrometer is off by....... it will CONSTANTLY be off by that amt........ adjust mentally each time you have a look at the reading

    google 'hygroscopic salt test' to see how to administer the test yourself (very easy)
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  18. #18
    Member vintay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore East
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    thanks all for contributing!
    btw those who have brought in Sim Lim, any specific shop?
    Sim Lim is very BIG
    if possible, include pricing also.
    -----------------------------------------
    Canon 7D, EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintay23 View Post
    thanks all for contributing!
    btw those who have brought in Sim Lim, any specific shop?
    Sim Lim is very BIG
    if possible, include pricing also.
    in sim lim tower at the basement of the tower at b1 in the shop right next to
    the escalater there is a shop who door is just outside the escalater that sell those hydrometers which is displaces in the shop windows shell

  20. #20
    Member vintay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore East
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: where to buy Hygrometer?

    Hi kiwitan
    thank you for the input
    -----------------------------------------
    Canon 7D, EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •