Thread: Upgrading of Lens & Screen protector

Cool Upgrading of Lens & Screen protector

Hey All,
    Need some advise on my next step as i'm currently using the EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS.I'm tot of getting something which can zoom further.Any tips on what i should get.

Another thing is that i saw some Nikon user which are using non-adhesive screen protector.
    Is this available for Canon DSLR or only meant for certain models only.

Default Re: Upgrading of Lens & Screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel1975 View Post
    Hey All,
    Need some advise on my next step as i'm currently using the EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS.I'm tot of getting something which can zoom further.Any tips on what i should get.
    Get knowledge first, comes free
    Check the Canon lens line up, read reviews (hint: enter [lens name] + review into Google), read about the effect of longer focal length. Read about telephoto zoom lenses and superzoom lenses. There are many options for different budgets. Price indications are given here in Price Guide section. Also, there are also non-Canon lenses. Third party lenses are usable when having Canon EF mount. Read, read, read
    EOS

Hey All,
    It's hard to give suggestions of any sorts without knowing what type of photography you're into. Portrait? Landscape? Sports? There are many zoom lens out there

Any budget to start off with?
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

Well budgets about 600 bucks.Landscape and portrait.Just need some advise on what's
    next.There's no need of a 100% that i'll jump into it as atleast it gives me more good options out there.

I'm still pondering about the scren protector non-adhesive(Clip on) and adhesive ones.
    Are both available for 500d user or 500d is only limited to either one.

Hey All,

Another thing is that i saw some Nikon user which are using non-adhesive screen protector.
    Is this available for Canon DSLR or only meant for certain models only.

The magnitude of the focal length (in mm) determines how far the lens can "zoom" (as you probably define it)...
    But in photography-speak, zooming refers to the act of changing the focal length.
    So an 18-55mm lens can zoom from 18mm to 55mm.
    If you want to see farther, you'll need a lens with a larger focal length number, ie >55mm
    The cheapest one is probably the EF-S 55-250mm

an 18-55mm lens has a zoom factor of (55/18) = 3.05
    a 400mm has no zoom factor, but you can see objects much further than with your 18-55.

Hope I managed to explain this misconception of 'zoom'.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by mimik07 View Post
    It's hard to give suggestions of any sorts without knowing what type of photography you're into. Portrait? Landscape? Sports? There are many zoom lens out there

Any budget to start off with?
    Agree..
    There are various lenses to suit different needs.

I'm still pondering about the scren protector non-adhesive(Clip on) and adhesive ones.
    Are both available for 500d user or 500d is only limited to either one.
    I don't think Canon has the acrylic non-adhesive type that is similar to Nikon. The only one I have noticed is the one that comes with Camera armor.

EDIT: Found one HERE
    Last edited by CS TAN; 14th January 2010 at 09:38 AM.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Hey All,
    Thanks for the tips and info....u've been a great help...I've also been thinking about
    the EF-S 55-250mm.I'll try that first before i move further up the ladder.Maybe next time round i can try wide lens.

Thanks CS TAN for the link..from the looks of it seems like it's poit of attachment it at
    the viewfinder..not sure how secure it is.Not sure if anyone in SG is using it or not.

Thanks again..