Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From a non-animal point of view, how do I deal with this bird?

Default Re: From a non-animal point of view, how do I deal with this bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Boilfriend View Post
    Did you try using an ugly scarecrow?
    ha..this is so lol..

seriously just live with it lah. they tad-tad-tad n u gg to destroy their homes?
    hmm...wat that non-animal point of view mean?

I won't be surprise the birds are not afraid of scarecrows as they are too well verse in the urban.

Quote Originally Posted by Boilfriend View Post
    Did you try using an ugly scarecrow?

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Is it edible?
    My cat says yes.. Maybe it lied..

Try playing a magpie robin or crow calls. most birds are afraid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Thats a White-crested Laughing thrush (Garrulax leucolophus) - not really that common in Sg but they can be found in certain areas - often near nature reserves or thick forested areas where they forage for food. A small congregation can often make a loud cacophony of calls to each other.

I think just live and let live ba....try getting used to their loud calls? If all else fails just use a pair of earplugs.

At least their calls not as loud and irritating as that made by the Asian koel....I am often woken up by the loud calls around 5am as there are a pair of these birds living near the foot of my block. Asian Koel call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZALQV7SDCc

That should be the call made by the Asian koel...see link above.
    Last time heard of this sound also.. Is that also a sound of death? They say when one is about to die, they emit some strange smells and attract birds and so on..

My place noise is like chirp-chirp-chirp, ... , chirp-chirp-chirp, ... , chirp-chirp-chirp, and like that.. 3 chirps in a sequence, then short stop.. I really want to use spotlight to try to chase it liao..

Of course NOT. These birds are now in urban because their natural habitat is destroyed. The good news is they will adapt but will carbon entities like human allows there co-existence.

If you want to know a person just died in a particular block of an estate (not refering to those near parks), you will hear one cicada (only one) calls very loudly in that blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    Last time heard of this sound also.. Is that also a sound of death? They say when one is about to die, they emit some strange smells and attract birds and so on..

My place noise is like chirp-chirp-chirp, ... , chirp-chirp-chirp, ... , chirp-chirp-chirp, and like that.. 3 chirps in a sequence, then short stop.. I really want to use spotlight to try to chase it liao..

Heard the chinese proverb Kill the chicken to scare the monkeys? Maybe you could go chop a chicken loudly in front of the bird to scare it off.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSiao View Post
    Heard the chinese proverb Kill the chicken to scare the monkeys? Maybe you could go chop a chicken loudly in front of the bird to scare it off.
    i reckon night birds are scared of lights.. so I get those focus lights to flash thru the woods..
    i guess that would be enough to startle their eyes and force them fly away..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12