Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

when / who /what are/were the roots of all these tension ( nonsense as I sees it.) ?

nothing of such happens during the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, till 911...airport security tax, no bringing of liquid more than 100ml....nude scanning ( latest ).

it had to date back to political greivances between countries and leaders of developed nation, one religion interfereing with another, recent happening...our neighbour.

so when you shoot churches, catherals or mosques, may also be suspect as terrorist.

My friend who is from Vietnam was shooting photos of MRT station from the bridge across it. Within mins, 2 men from a van pulled up and started observing him, taking secret photos of him, etc. My friend suspects that his picture was taken by CCTV etc and send to agencies to verify on his "activities". From then onwards, he nvr shot photos of MRT station already.

mrt stn are now fitted with cctvs covering every possible angle.

That is why I sold my expensive camera and settled on smaller one. Sooner or later gamment will impose Law to abolish photography except indoor shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Its a fine line ... a balance that needs to be found and exercised. Best is total freedom and maximum security co-existing, but as we all know, given the world today, this is impossible so its a balancing act all the time.
    balanced act, or close to, fine.
    but most security agencies r stripping whatever little rights that pple hv.

the moment pple r terrorized,
    terrorists won.
    we gave up normalcy for falsely perceived safety.

instead of solving the roots to these problems,
    gov around the world instill fear in her pple, shame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123