Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

  1. #21

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    between you and me, i think the guys do it for the chance to get some.

    you know, impress that sweet young thing that you have a cause that you firmly believe in. that should do the trick of oozing manliness and alpha-maledom.
    Hahahah ... sweet young thing is the root of all evil

    Wonder if having good photography skills is better at getting the babes or having mega equipment does it better

  2. #22

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Wonder if having good photography skills is better at getting the babes or having mega equipment does it better
    depends on the girl, i guess.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    why can't they solve the problem at its root? the camera makers are the real terrorist who recieve great funding that can produce weapons of mass orgy shoots

  4. #24

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    why can't they solve the problem at its root? the camera makers are the real terrorist who recieve great funding that can produce weapons of mass orgy shoots


    mass orgy shoots!

  5. #25

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Is photography allowed in the mrt station?

  6. #26

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    Is photography allowed in the mrt station?
    outside, yes, no one has the right to stop you.

    inside, smrt has the right to stop you, it is after all their property.

    the same applies for the underground in london. they have slated hours where tourists can shoot i think though.

  7. #27
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Isn't this the 3rd or 4th time we're now re-hashing this exact same "rights of a photographer" discussion here?
    3rd or 4th? i think it's more than that...?
    eat. drink. shoot

  8. #28
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    About

    Photography is under attack. Across the country it that seems anyone with a camera is being targeted as a potential terrorist, whether amateur or professional, whether landscape, architectural or street photographer.

    Not only is it corrosive of press freedom but creation of the collective visual history of our country is extinguished by anti-terrorist legislation designed to protect the heritage it prevents us recording.

    This campaign is for everyone who values visual imagery, not just photographers.
    We must work together now to stop this before photography becomes a part of history rather than a way of recording it.

    http://photographernotaterrorist.org/
    23rd..i'd be in london but have a lunch appt at the time...would be interesting to have a look though
    eat. drink. shoot

  9. #29

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    23rd..i'd be in london but have a lunch appt at the time...would be interesting to have a look though
    don't just look.

    join in and you might get your own SYT!

  10. #30
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    A new year 2010, to remind photographers that such things do happen.

    We're not in the comfort of our own country and they've never even heard of Singapore.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Police have released the footage they found, recorded around the third anniversary of July 7 last year, that showed four key London stations Liverpool Street, Oxford Circus, Camden Town and Mornington Crescent.

    Officers believe he was filming possible sites for an attack to take to senior terrorist controllers in North Africa.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-the-beat.html

    From snapshot to Special Branch: how my camera made me a terror suspect

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/de...terror-suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    3rd or 4th? i think it's more than that...?

  11. #31

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Yes, this security issue happened to us 2 times when we were shooting buildings in groups around Raffles Place. We were stopped at 2 buildings, they said we cannot shoot the lower parts of the buildings but are allowed to shoot the trop part of them. They said if we don't comply, they will call the report us to ISD. Meanwhile there were other tourists who were standing next to us shooting the same building, whom they never stopped.
    So, we asked why they never stopped the tourists. They replied they were not shooting at the same angle as u were shooting.
    I can understand the security personnel are just doing what they were asked to do, without putting in any personnel judgment into the matter. They Just Follow Law.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,753

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    sighs...terrorism spoiled lots of markets. last time where got such thing? wanna take photo just take only. today everybody so paranoid because of the bad boys. sighs...i was stopped before by a security guard for holding a dslr outside an office building outside south bridge road. i didn't even point my camera or hold it. i was only slinging it. and he came up to me and asked me "hello, are u planning to take photos? u want to take photos? here cannot take photos." then i was like yeah whatever la, i'm not into architecture. and i was using a kit lens, so small yet it brought fear to some people. imagine with the 70-200 f/2.8 IS...how much fear would security personnels feel?

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    Yes, this security issue happened to us 2 times when we were shooting buildings in groups around Raffles Place. We were stopped at 2 buildings, they said we cannot shoot the lower parts of the buildings but are allowed to shoot the trop part of them. They said if we don't comply, they will call the report us to ISD. Meanwhile there were other tourists who were standing next to us shooting the same building, whom they never stopped.
    So, we asked why they never stopped the tourists. They replied they were not shooting at the same angle as u were shooting.
    I can understand the security personnel are just doing what they were asked to do, without putting in any personnel judgment into the matter. They Just Follow Law.
    LOL good, please let us know the angle and the building please and we all go shoot that angle. When they ask why we can just refer to this...

  14. #34

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    LOL good, please let us know the angle and the building please and we all go shoot that angle. When they ask why we can just refer to this...
    I can give a clue, one building where Barclays bank is located. and the other one is where MM Lee's law firm is located. So u can image the importance of a picture of those building.

    But the funny thing is, google maps provides more details of all the buildings here. There is no way to hide the outside layout of the building.

    But let the security guys do their job, and let us not get them fired.

  15. #35

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    LOL good, please let us know the angle and the building please and we all go shoot that angle. When they ask why we can just refer to this...
    When the security guy told us not to shoot. We argued for a while, and gave up.

    Then we crossed the road and got a better view of the building. They helplessly looked at us while we shoot, bcos they could not cross the road at that time.

    But there is nothing important about those old buildings.

  16. #36

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    i always thought that modern terrorists use mobile phones
    why would they want to shoot nice images?
    always the Light, .... always.

  17. #37

    Default Re: [UK] I’m a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    I got stopped in Paris when I was shooting the rear gate of a Parliment house. The thing is that I already shot it. The guard just don't bother to come and ask me to delete the pics and I continued my way. What the point of asking someone to stop shooting and don't ask them to delete the pics on the spot and allowing him to get away with the pics, if suspecting he might be a terroist?

    Isnt this queer?

  18. #38
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: [UK] I’m a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkvolution View Post
    I got stopped in Paris when I was shooting the rear gate of a Parliment house. The thing is that I already shot it. The guard just don't bother to come and ask me to delete the pics and I continued my way. What the point of asking someone to stop shooting and don't ask them to delete the pics on the spot and allowing him to get away with the pics, if suspecting he might be a terroist?

    Isnt this queer?
    i would say that the guard has no authority to ask you to delete the pictures
    eat. drink. shoot

  19. #39

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    i always thought that modern terrorists use mobile phones
    why would they want to shoot nice images?
    earn some money from stock photography to fund their operations while they're at it .

  20. #40

    Default Re: [UK] I知 a Photographer, Not a Terrorist!

    I was in Shanghai shooting a security tight gov building thru the main gate and after a shot 2 security guards ran toward the gate, shouting loudly, and upon fearing my idea of staying in a China high-security cell, i ran away like hell ....
    when in China, dont pray pray with the security people .... lol
    Last edited by Canonised; 12th January 2010 at 10:18 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •