Thread: HELP!!! Anyone??

Default HELP!!! Anyone??

My colleague has accidentally formatted her system, I tried to restore it back. The worst thing is, she do not have or know where's the Graphics card driver CD is kept and also the brand of the graphics card...

Is there anyone that can help me slove this situation??? Its now on a default generic VGA adapter, 16 Colour and a 640x480 resolution..

Help anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Violett
    My colleague has accidentally formatted her system, I tried to restore it back. The worst thing is, she do not have or know where's the Graphics card driver CD is kept and also the brand of the graphics card...

Is there anyone that can help me slove this situation??? Its now on a default generic VGA adapter, 16 Colour and a 640x480 resolution..

Help anyone??

open up the PC case and look at the chips on the VGA card, or look for any wordings on the PCB board of the VGA card for any word that may indicate it's model/name

Quote Originally Posted by Violett

Help anyone??
    open up the casing and take a look inside.

if using a graphic card, sometimes they will display something just before or right after the bios RAM test screen when booting up.

and if it's a branded machine e.g. HP, IBM, Dell, get the model / serial number and check their websites for info.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    open up the casing and take a look inside.

if using a graphic card, sometimes they will display something just before or right after the bios RAM test screen when booting up.

and if it's a branded machine e.g. HP, IBM, Dell, get the model / serial number and check their websites for info.
    ... to add to that, once the model/type has been found, you can easily go to the manufacturer's website to download the necessary drivers.

DIY or Branded PC ? If Branded one , what is the brand and model ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Deregistered

This might work...

Start -> Windows Update

Sometimes it should work.

It should show you something on the screen as it boots. Note that down. Supply that piece of information here.

I only See Aopen SIS S386 AGP.. but i went to the website and found nothing on it..

Default Maybe

I might have thihs driver. Let me go back and take a look. This will take some time though as it is pretty old. Once I find it I will let you know ok.

on the graphics chip or on the boot up screen?

Is the graphics chip on the motherboard or there is a VGA card ?

Take a pic of the graphics chip, and the people here can help to identify it and search for the driver.

I don't think SIS has a S386 video chip.. If the PC can connect to internet, can go to this url to detect what SIS chipset is in the system..

http://www.sis.com/support/chipdetect/

Try running Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information. Expand Components, Display folder and you should find out exactly what card you have. Then download latest driver from card maker's website.

Deregistered

Am able to find graphics driver SiS 300/305/315E/315.

Grab your camera and macro lens then take a picture of the chip or board and post the picture here, i believe the IT gurus here would be able to help you better