Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: We have a new Zodiac Animal replacement - The Cupid

Default Re: We have a new Zodiac Animal replacement - The Cupid

It is actually a taboo among the malay about dogs.
    Muslim can touch dog and they are use for hunting, guarding cattle or form of protection.
    Even if the dogs lick you, all you have to do is wash yourself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder_fan View Post
    Which isnt consistent across the region actually.
    I have Pakistani friends who have 3 dogs and share food with them as well.
    Muslim.
    Ex Pakistani Musharraf had dogs as pets as well.
    So am not too sure if this concern over dogs is within the Koran or is just cultural.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    from what i gather from my muslim frens...dogs are okay. u can cuddle, hug, actually do anything u want with them. the oni part of the dog that's unclean to the muslims are the saliva and the wet nose...keep dogs as pets? why not? malaysia got police k9 units mah. all handlers are muslims oso wat.
    Both of you have misconception or gotten misguided information provided to you either by ignorant individuals or misinformed in the Sunni Muslim traditions.

The majority of the Sunni jurisprudence and practicing Muslims in this region, dogs are not allowed to be kept as pets, although it is allowed to keep dogs as guard dogs or hunting dogs but pets, no.. not allowed.

I hope with this clarification we shall not OT from the original thread, please.. just my appeal to our good sense.

../azul123

Mac replied, stating the 12 animals was not meant to be the chinese symbol of the year....... then they are what???

xiao ding dang in different costumes???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Mac replied, stating the 12 animals was not meant to be the chinese symbol of the year....... then they are what???

xiao ding dang in different costumes???
    Yeah, it seems that this is the standard reply from them as I got the same.

I've replied to them that that is a lame excuse and the must be socially respondsible and learn from SingPost.

BTW, I state to them that their 12 "Lucky Charm" are 11 Zodic Signs with 1 Cupid .
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I have already made an effort not to buy food from McDonald for 6months. Take it as an excuse to get rid of some unhealthy food.

Don't be surprise that 6months of avoidance can train one from ignoring certain unhealthy food.

Wendy's or Burger King should quietly get license from Japan to come out with the doraemon in pig costume. Then release it to complete the set.

Why not offer BOTH - Pig & Cupid .... let their customer chose....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Why not offer BOTH - Pig & Cupid .... let their customer chose....
    and risk offending the western customers with 13 animals? its unlucky lehhhh!
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    and risk offending the western customers with 13 animals? its unlucky lehhhh!
    but i think 13 is lucky number in cantonese.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    but i think 13 is lucky number in cantonese.
    different strokes for different folks....
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    We are talking about people across our causeway and coming from a religion that is currently attacking churches nation wide simply because they refuse to allow the word "Allah" be used in any other form by other minority religions?

Fortunately Singaporean Muslims are more sensible than that, otherwise we will be seeing dozens of MacDonald outlets being razed to the ground (which might not actually be that bad) over this little fiasco if the cupic was a pig instead.
    Going to be extremely frank and straight forward here, it is precisely the fact that we are surrounded by hundreds of millions of Muslims in countries that have constantly and officially threatened us with that we have our armed forces modelled after the Israelis, it is also hardly surprising that the majority of Malays are posted to the Singapore Police Force and the Singapore Civil Defense Force rather than the Singapore Armed Forces during their full-time national service.

While no religion is far from perfect (the crusades and persecution campaigns by the Roman Catholic church during the middle ages for an example) unfortunately this is the current state of the world that we live where we have a minority of Islamic extremist leaders tainting the name of the entire religion.
    Would you care to elaborate. are you representing a governing body?

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    I would like to take the opportunity to tell people who may be deprived from learning knowledge that Guinea Pig is not a real pig (see wiki for e.g), it is a rodent like hamster and rabbit.

Don't think I am undermining anything. In my early working years, one of my Muslim colleage (local uni grad) freaked out when I told him the cute rodent he was admiring at the pet store cage is a guinea pig. He took immediate off to the mosque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_pig

It would be helpful of you to explain it to him there and then instead of posting it in this forum .

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Just for your info: The muslims did NOT complain, only the real animal is considered not halal, the pig as a toy is not haram, nor halal....it got nothing to do with it as it is plastic!
    By the time this message uploads on clubsnap, i would be the second muslim to respond in this forum. What are my view on this . its a marketing tool created in response to festive seasons which is similar to dolling up orchard rd during Christmas. By looking at the comments generated , i am quite surprised how people reacted to it. Same goes for the current Singapore idol topics in forums. some even commented that malays voted sazali as hes from the same race. Amazing. Never once did i ever voted any idols to start with to state a point . But why do people think that is so? it boils down to understanding each other.
    i applaud for my muslim friends for being tolerant and understanding in our little red dot.

ps i would be rushing down to mac d for their morning breakfast at 6 before heading to work tomorrow.
    Man greatest tool. The imaginative mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post

actually i feel no one actually really gives a hoot about the toys. lolx
    i'm sure doraemon does.

I think this thread should be closed..... I remembered the rules in Clubsnap is no religion... Im surprised the thread lasted till now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Painting with light View Post
    Would you care to elaborate. are you representing a governing body?
    Those who have served their national service will know for the fact that there is an unspoken rule of discrimination which forbids the majority of the Malays (subjected to an availability of manpower) from serving into the Singapore Armed Forces whereby religious allegiance will put them in a very difficult position in times of conflict with our Muslim majority neighbours, hence they are mostly enlisted into the Singapore Police Force and Singapore Civil Defense Force.

To put in frankly, the SAF does not trust the Malays to be able to do their jobs in defending the country when the sh1t hits the fan.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 12th January 2010 at 12:24 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I surely did explain logically. Not believing what I said is fine but he did not even trust his own eyes. But that was many many years ago in my ex-company. So there might be more who is not aware of guinea pig.

It would be helpful of you to explain it to him there and then instead of posting it in this forum .

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    I think this thread should be closed..... I remembered the rules in Clubsnap is no religion... Im surprised the thread lasted till now.....
    why should this thread be close?

nobody is bad mouthing any religon.

looking through this thread has made us understand islam better and that our muslim are not unreasonable & overly sensitive like those clowns in the marketing dept in mac think they are.

i hope more people will read this thread.

it is the lack of such discussion that creates miss-understanding.
    Last edited by denniskee; 12th January 2010 at 12:54 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    why should this thread be close?

nobody is bad mouthing any religon.

looking through this thread has made us understand islam better and that our muslim are not unreasonable & overly sensitive like those clowns in the marketing dept in mac think they are.

i hope more people will read this thread.

it is the lack of such discussion that creates miss-understanding.
    Here! Here!

I applaud CS Admin and mods (as well as ST Forums- http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=28809 ) for keeping these threads open for level-headed discussions and exchanges.

It is something to be proud of, when people from diverse backgrounds and opinions can openly discuss potentially sensitive topics in a matured and reasonable manner.

Those who have served their national service will know for the fact that there is an unspoken rule of discrimination which forbids the majority of the Malays (subjected to an availability of manpower) from serving into the Singapore Armed Forces whereby religious allegiance will put them in a very difficult position in times of conflict with our Muslim majority neighbours, hence they are mostly enlisted into the Singapore Police Force and Singapore Civil Defense Force.

To put in frankly, the SAF does not trust the Malays to be able to do their jobs in defending the country when the sh1t hits the fan.
    are you representing a governing body to pass such remarks openly in public?

Amazing.

I am given the opportunity to applaud my fellow malay friends serving in the SPF at this very time ensuring we have a peacefull sleep while they are maintaining law and order and our SCDF in helping people in need regardless of race , language or religion. Towards the progress of our nation.

Gd nite everyone. need some shut eye .

are you representing a governing body to pass such remarks openly in public?
    No, it is strictly my personal point of view but if you require a statement by a "governing body" to validate what I have just please kindly refer to the following...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore (Former SAF Brigadier General ((Reservist))
    If there is a conflict, we don’t want to put any of our soldiers in a difficult position where his emotions for the nation may be in conflict with his emotions for his religion … We don’t want to put anybody in that position where he feels he is not fighting a just cause, and perhaps worse, maybe his side is not the right side ...
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 12th January 2010 at 02:10 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

No, it is strictly my personal point of view but if you require a statement by a "governing body" to validate what I have just please kindly refer to the following...
    Thank you for your prompt replies and your keen observation in such topics.

Sing the national loud and be proud as it is our identity for who we are. Majulah Singapura, Majulah Singapura
    Last edited by Painting with light; 12th January 2010 at 02:47 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast