Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have a new Zodiac Animal replacement - The Cupid

Default Re: We have a new Zodiac Animal replacement - The Cupid

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    What i find surprising is that singapore is so sheltered, surrounded by muslim countries north and south, have a good partnership with Brunai, another muslim country but yet most population especially the young chinese do not understand the muslim culture well.
    By the way I am Chinese, born in Indonesia, non Muslim.
    and many have so many misconceptions about others' faith

and yet they speak as though they know it inside out, condemn it.. mock it. of course not openly.

i don't profess to know a lot about religion in general, and i make sure i check every statement i make regarding religion before i make it

to do otherwise is not being fair to people, because while you have a right to pass judgement on their choice and speak on it.. doing so on less than facts is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post

I have always been very neutral to expectation like costume, song, marriage, practice, food, words and behaviour bec there will always be things of taboo among communities. If McD staff simply said the Muslim don't like it and is replaced, I am not upset. Because fear of losing Halal license .... huff puff.
    i wonder what the muslims in singapore think about this?

i mean, i'm sure they have an opinion. and that is the one that matters, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

i mean, i'm sure they have an opinion. and that is the one that matters, i guess.
    and the non-muslims opinion don matter?hmmm.....
    おれのflickrださ

Big mistake.. think the chinese like the pig
    Life is about choices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiDaAl View Post
    Something that you know that I dont?

I thought it is supposed to be a good thing - sacrificing the lamb to help the less fortunate. And it is not after puasa. You local?
    me local. already got 5 years no contact with muslims
    i'm in those chinese sch. we really have like kosong contact. i kinda forgot everything my old muslim friends taught me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiDaAl View Post
    Something that you know that I dont?

I thought it is supposed to be a good thing - sacrificing the lamb to help the less fortunate. And it is not after puasa. You local?
    I AM REALLY SORRY T_T

i go edit tat post. SORRY

OK, let this unhappy matter to a rest and redirect your attention to something funny from another thread in Kopitiam, about the lady who asked OCBC for a birthday cake (hit the news). You must read the actual blog, damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    you see,

if the muslim opinion contradicts what macdonald's has decided for them without consultation..

then it would matter a lot more than what ah mao, ah kao think right?

it is like a husband deciding for his wife that she should not attend swimming classes because he thinks she will be scared of water. but if the wife is really scared of water, that's not as bad as when she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    put the pig, the muslims complain. dont put the pig, the chinese complain.

then how like that? take it easy folks! dont blow a small thing like this out of proportion!
    Just for your info: The muslims did NOT complain, only the real animal is considered not halal, the pig as a toy is not haram, nor halal....it got nothing to do with it as it is plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    well i'll jsut pick a point from a guy i heard

lets remove dog cause its haram too
    lets remove ox cause its hindu sacred animal.
    lets remove dragon cause its christian's satan
    lets remove mouse cause its a pest.
    lets remove tiger cause its deadly.
    lets remove chicken cause its edible
    lets remove rabbits cause they are pets
    lets remove snakes cause some are poisonous
    lets remove everything rubbish cause it affects all different kinds of ppl
    no lar, omit chicken cause got bird flu.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Yes, I do share your thoughts, McD self action (paper already mention) misinterpreted the Muslim impression to the public, while the missing animal icon only makes McD answerable to the distortion of the Zodiac info. Which the former is more crucial.

Anyway the toys are selling well according to McD reply.

you see,

if the muslim opinion contradicts what macdonald's has decided for them without consultation..

then it would matter a lot more than what ah mao, ah kao think right?

it is like a husband deciding for his wife that she should not attend swimming classes because he thinks she will be scared of water. but if the wife is really scared of water, that's not as bad as when she isn't.

Read today's ST lah. Apparently, McDonalds Singapore assumed the Muslims would feel offended, so they changed it, without asking the Muslims themselves. Most muslims interviewed didn't bother about it, as it is not the animal........but just a toy. It is only haram when you eat it, according to one of the interviewed........

Anyway, as far as I know (fellow Muslims Clubsnappers please correct me on this) chicken e.g. is also considered not halal if it was not sacrificed in a 'halal' way, it must be killed with the least suffering for the animal and with prayers to ask for forgiveness........if possible they need to adhere to it as much as they can, unless there is no other food/choice they can eat haram food. Cause maintaining your body is more important than starving to death just because the food is not halal.

(I am vegetarian)

I urged everyone to learn more about other religions, to avoid misunderstandings. And please learn from people who studied it and who are right followers, and not listen to hearsay, as it may be distorted or wrong info......

HS

i think this is very bad, wonder the marketing dept doing what ah? anyhow assume.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    no lar, omit chicken cause got bird flu.
    Once the chicken is fried or cooked, it is ok to eat lah! Only the fresh/live chicken carries live virus particles.........and is infectious.

But I understand your joke lah!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    Ok, lah! I got some pig ones if you want, got them before they replaced it with the Cupid one, but SSSSSSTTTTTTT, don't tell anyone! They are now collector items!

HS

Put on ebay.... "the limited doraemon that cause mass national displeasure" $500. Paypal and major credit card accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Ok, lah! I got some pig ones if you want, got them before they replaced it with the Cupid one, but SSSSSSTTTTTTT, don't tell anyone! They are now collector items!

HS

HS
    will they give me swine flu?

will they give me swine flu?
    Got both, with and without flu, which one you want?

HS

Read today's ST lah. Apparently, McDonalds Singapore assumed the Muslims would feel offended, so they changed it, without asking the Muslims themselves. Most muslims interviewed didn't bother about it, as it is not the animal........but just a toy. It is only haram when you eat it, according to one of the interviewed........

Anyway, as far as I know (fellow Muslims Clubsnappers please correct me on this) chicken e.g. is also considered not halal if it was not sacrificed in a 'halal' way, it must be killed with the least suffering for the animal and with prayers to ask for forgiveness........if possible they need to adhere to it as much as they can, unless there is no other food/choice they can eat haram food. Cause maintaining your body is more important than starving to death just because the food is not halal.

(I am vegetarian)

I urged everyone to learn more about other religions, to avoid misunderstandings. And please learn from people who studied it and who are right followers, and not listen to hearsay, as it may be distorted or wrong info......

HS
    now i know why the mascot is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I think he is just ignorant, may be quite young too.

Anyway those who dont know please read
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

What i find surprising is that singapore is so sheltered, surrounded by muslim countries north and south, have a good partnership with Brunai, another muslim country but yet most population especially the young chinese do not understand the muslim culture well.
    By the way I am Chinese, born in Indonesia, non Muslim.
    The older generation Chinese and Indians here, who grew up in kampongs usually have more understanding about the Muslim religion and traditions, but the younger generation now who grew up in the city and in flats, are now living further apart from Malays I guess, and they are far more in the majority....so it's not natural for a majority to know a minority that well,

People tend to think in boxes, in terms of 'you and me', so they always will group together and only tend to themselves, sad but true, that's how nature works I guess

Btw, I am also chinese born in Indo, non-Muslim

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 10th January 2010 at 01:22 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast