Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Professionals Use Nikon?

Deregistered

i have a friend who's working photography fulltime, uses hasselblad and nikon. from what i understand, it just depends on what requirements his job has for him. imagine my amazement when i learnt from him an "adaptor" for a F-mount that can mount a phaseone at the back!

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    i have a friend who's working photography fulltime, uses hasselblad and nikon. from what i understand, it just depends on what requirements his job has for him. imagine my amazement when i learnt from him an "adaptor" for a F-mount that can mount a phaseone at the back!
    lemme introduce to you the Horseman DigiFlex II. uses Nikon F-mount, used top-end digital backs (e.g. Phase One, Valeo Leaf systems).

http://www.horsemanusa.com/dgf2.html

Quote Originally Posted by alastdin
    It's an impression I get, but it seems more professional photogrs use Nikon than Canon. It's not that I'm turning professional, it's just that there has got to be some valid reason.

I currently use a Canon digital, and I've not bought too much stuff to make a switch too prohibitive. Anyone been in this dilema before and came out better for it?

What dilemma?

Deregistered

thanks for identifying the machine, Larry. i forgot to try hunt down for the horseman website last night...

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
    This forum suffers the same disease as Hardwarezone.

Everyones talkin about what brand, what function, drooling over lenses, how many megapixels etc.

It would be nice to see more talk about framing, composure and photography as an art form and the statement the photographer is trying to make by choosing certain techniques over others, as well as the emotions you feel when viewing a certain photo.

The greatest photos are not necessarily the sharpest or with the best tone, but ones which convey what the photographer wants to bring across to the viewers, take a look at Nat Geo and you know what I mean.
    i agree!

Quote Originally Posted by alastdin
    It's an impression I get, but it seems more professional photogrs use Nikon than Canon. It's not that I'm turning professional, it's just that there has got to be some valid reason.

I currently use a Canon digital, and I've not bought too much stuff to make a switch too prohibitive. Anyone been in this dilema before and came out better for it?
    I have always believed u should just use the system which fits your style best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123