Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: pay monthly installment for camera

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    woodlands,admiralty
    Posts
    90

    Default pay monthly installment for camera

    any idea where i can buy a dslr that alloww payment in installations?

    really need a camera but no money to pay for it at one go! tsk!

  2. #2

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    instalments normally have to be done through your credit card provider.

    the bigger shops like cathay, alan, harvey norman allow you to do so.

    also please note they will normally charge a fee for such payment (i cant remember and you will need to ask). if they say there is no charge for paying instalments, ask for cash price. the difference is the fee.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by miqbal93 View Post
    any idea where i can buy a dslr that alloww payment in installations?

    really need a camera but no money to pay for it at one go! tsk!
    Think the easiet way is to ask the main shops to send u equotes for credit card installment payment option as each shops charge diff % of admin fee (some 3.5% some 4% etc..)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    I'm sure CP have credit card 0% interest on certain banks of CC. Can always call CP and ask them. But if you are talking about Hitachi credit, you are better off paying by cash, the interests alone over a period of 12, 24 mths are alot by Hitachi credit. Unless it's 0% interest free by CC.
    Last edited by Spaniard; 7th January 2010 at 12:25 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Can try Courts or Best Denki if you do not have a credit card. Think updated pay slip is required.

  6. #6

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm sure CP have credit card 0% interest on certain banks of CC. Can always call CP and ask them. But if you are talking about Hitachi credit, you are better off paying by cash, the interests alone over a period of 12, 24 mths are alot by Hitachi credit. Unless it's 0% interest free by CC.
    There is no such thing as 0% interest. Credit cards will charge you an "admin fee" which is a % of the price. this is effectively interest upfront.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    CP accept OCBC card without additional fee.

  8. #8
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Can try Courts or Best Denki if you do not have a credit card. Think updated pay slip is required.
    That is the worse place to buy camera. Kanna chop until song song. No money then don't buy. Unless it is a need.

  9. #9

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    come come, i provide money loaning service.

    ah long charge 20% interest per week, i charge u cheap cheap since from CS, only 19% per month

  10. #10
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Visa Credit line.
    I got mine from there...
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  11. #11

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    That is the worse place to buy camera. Kanna chop until song song. No money then don't buy. Unless it is a need.
    Agree... chop yes... chop song song... not really that bad compared to black shop at Lucky Plaza or SLS. Not much choice if one need a cam urgently, doesn't have a credit card and need easy payment services.

  12. #12

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    There is no such thing as 0% interest. Credit cards will charge you an "admin fee" which is a % of the price. this is effectively interest upfront.
    Of course they will factor in the interest into the price if not how do the bank earn extra $$ from consumer haha.

    Bank dont do business free one haha everything is interest.
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  13. #13

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    What is the returns in investment (ROI) that people need to buy a camera on credit basis? Is it all worth it for the instant gratification? Why saddle yourself in debt over something like a technological device that quickly becomes obsolete tomorrow; will your debt be paid up or become obsolete tomorrow too?

    This is one mystery that I'll never comprehend.
    Last edited by eyes; 7th January 2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  14. #14

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Of course they will factor in the interest into the price if not how do the bank earn extra $$ from consumer haha.

    Bank dont do business free one haha everything is interest.
    you will be surprised by the number of people who think they are getting free credit.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    woodlands,admiralty
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    hmm, looks like i'll have to take a trip to courts then. sigh. btw, yeah it's a need, not a want.

    thanks for the constructive replys anyways.

    anybody knows the price of which i would have to pay monthly for a D300S ? hahas thanks again

  16. #16

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    find out the price of D300S. decide on how many months you want to pay over. take the price divided by the number of months that is your monthly instalment payment!

  17. #17

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    There is no such thing as 0% interest. Credit cards will charge you an "admin fee" which is a % of the price. this is effectively interest upfront.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Of course they will factor in the interest into the price if not how do the bank earn extra $$ from consumer haha.

    Bank dont do business free one haha everything is interest.
    actually in cc 0% installment, there's no additional admin fee as long as u got no outstanding balance on ur card and u pay full installment amount every month. Bank is hoping that u won't pay full amount each month so that they can charge interest. It's not the same however with facilities like paywise where they charge admin fee upfront.
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

  18. #18

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    actually in cc 0% installment, there's no additional admin fee as long as u got no outstanding balance on ur card and u pay full installment amount every month. Bank is hoping that u won't pay full amount each month so that they can charge interest. It's not the same however with facilities like paywise where they charge admin fee upfront.

    yup... seems like people are replying just for the sake of replying w/o knowing the facts...

    i've had interesting free installments before with my citibank n UOB credit cards with NO additional so called admin charges. whatever the store quotes u, u pay off that same amt in installments...

    of course the stores will quote u a higher prices if u decide to pay by CC rather than cash.

  19. #19

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by miqbal93 View Post
    hmm, looks like i'll have to take a trip to courts then. sigh. btw, yeah it's a need, not a want.

    thanks for the constructive replys anyways.

    anybody knows the price of which i would have to pay monthly for a D300S ? hahas thanks again
    courts, HN and all other stores other than CC charge interest for installment payment.
    and usually, at killing rate.

    that's how these stores grow from departmental to MEGA STORE!
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  20. #20
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: pay monthly installment for camera

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    courts, HN and all other stores other than CC charge interest for installment payment.
    and usually, at killing rate.

    that's how these stores grow from departmental to MEGA STORE!


    need? then u must be using it to earn money then how can u not know courts are the worse place? you are paying like RRP. even buy from cathay with credit is cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •