181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep camera in bag until there is something to shoot

92 50.83%
  • Walk with camera hanging

76 41.99%
  • Dun take it out at all because scared/shy/pai seh

13 7.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera with you, walking on the streets.

haha.. Alive!! It's Alive!!

my old camera took more than 30 seconds to start up... by that time, things would have moved away or the sky would become cloudy.

with my current one, i keep in bag till the opportunity arises coz i'm worried it'll get scratched... maybe once it's seasoned, it shall hang on my neck. then my gf will start laughing at me. as it is, when i assume a 'camera' pose, she will call me a geek.. haha.

i put it in my bag. btw, what kind of "interesting" things do you all take when in the streets?

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    my old camera took more than 30 seconds to start up... by that time, things would have moved away or the sky would become cloudy.

with my current one, i keep in bag till the opportunity arises coz i'm worried it'll get scratched... maybe once it's seasoned, it shall hang on my neck. then my gf will start laughing at me. as it is, when i assume a 'camera' pose, she will call me a geek.. haha.

what 30sec!? what camera is that?!?! sorry ah. i sua gu, but 30sec?!

i usually put in the bag until there is something to shoot, but sometimes feel quite paiseh to shoot infront of everyone.. haha..

Well just hang it around your neck and walk around with it like a tourist. Just make sure you sling it in such a way that you can snap straightaway.

I voted for "camera hanging" well actually camera in hand, can't take pics with the camera in a bag .....

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i put it in my bag. btw, what kind of "interesting" things do you all take when in the streets?
    anything that looks unusual or interesting... the street is like a river... ever-changing photo ops daily...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Unless you are going to shoot something, well it is in the bag waiting ..

BTW, I believed there are always amber time to react if you are very observant and fast enough to act ... in a split-second
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

it also helps if you can sense and anticipate something interesting is likely to happen...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by yamcake
    what 30sec!? what camera is that?!?! sorry ah. i sua gu, but 30sec?!

i usually put in the bag until there is something to shoot, but sometimes feel quite paiseh to shoot infront of everyone.. haha..
    haha. a very old HP camera. downright P&S. It worked almost as 'well' as a holga in terms of capturing all kinds of unexpected pictures.

I find that people usually dont pay so much attention when you shoot with a p&s but the minute the SLR comes out.....it just generates a lot more attention and peopl start becoming self conscious....

how come i never see people with cams hanging, except for the tourists?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig
    Will take out to shoot when see chio bus

i tell the chio bu about it and delete your photos on your 717

i hate it when pple start hanging their D70s at airport and start showing off lehz... i seen it alot of times la.. and purposely sit behind me.. having a conversation with the friends saying like this:

friend: is that a D100 or wad...
    photographer: no la.. this one is the D70 and the D100 is the company one.. and this is is MY OWN one << Emphasises the MY OWN ONE-- the D100 is used for company events....

*switches to Shoot mode and start anyhow shooting and haf problems shooting....*

soon walks around like a nerd and haf problems shooting until the relatives arrive from the gate.. den anyhoe shoot... hblah..

AND of all.. do u guys know why he did that ?????

reason: cuz i am reading the D2H brochure....

then nvm... 1 time enuff.. and i am suay enuff to meet him everytime i see him in airport... durh ~ he got soo much relatives...

(Point of View: No point using D70 and showing it off when u dunno how to even use it la.. erm spoiling our photographer's image... and u know wad did the ang moh ask me ? ) (Ang Moh is the person i am expecting)

Ang Moh: Do All Singaporean Photographers looks and act so nerd and stupid ??

I : erm.. not all.. cuz this is an exception.. Special case.. Most are them are very Handsome and pretty looking and are very experienced and able to handle most problems...

Ang Moh: *Luffs Out Loud* Singapore really have some weird pple....

--------------------- AT HOTEL ----------------------------

Ang Moh:*Takes out his D2h*to show it to me..
    I: *Faint*

no need to elaborate.. he is my boss's Regional Manager of some
    kind....

*Morale: dun show off camera in Airport. Yi Shan Bi Yi Shan Gao... *

wear a sunhat.....strap ard neck....ppl will convinently take u for a tourist and not take heed to wat u are doin...works miracles haha

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I think I know who's been digging up polls...

Anyway, I thought MrBig is very self righteous? Now suddenly interested in voyeruism? Amazing...

MrBig feeling good -> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=43347
    My... what a good memory you have Espn.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 20th June 2004 at 11:28 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

hehe, i read about the thread. Looks like he is "well-liked" by you guys. Anyway, for me, I keep my cam in the bag until there is sth nice to shoot, from then, its hanging on the neck till I go home.

I keep mine hanging out...that is when I am really looking for things to shoot.
    Otherwise when I dun really wan to shoot, I keep it in the bag.
    Cos it is better to be camera ready. By the time take out lens, put on, open lens cap....the shots fly loh..haha
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

cam in hand...always...no straps...just cam in hand...either shoot and go or wait to shoot...in other words...rush to wait, or wait to rush...anyway, cam in hand ready to shoot...

btw i can't poll...cos i did neither of them...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast