Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

  1. #1

    Default a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    The AR Drone is a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi and 2 cameras - controlled via the iPod Touch or iPhone.

    Source: http://www.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en

    Video Missing


  2. #2

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    I am sure if you make this thing in SG, soon mata will knock on your door and offer free coffees..
    Though from an engineer's point of view, the tech is very old.

  3. #3

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    interesting. i didn't know the wifi range is that far.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,431

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    playing with yr RC copter / plane is fun because u can see where it fly. looking into yr Iphone is no fun at all. But thanks for sharing! haha...
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  5. #5

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    playing with yr RC copter / plane is fun because u can see where it fly. looking into yr Iphone is no fun at all. But thanks for sharing! haha...
    but it can become portable spycam

  6. #6

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    with IED fitted, Jurong Island is within terrorist striking distance. this type of model plane would never be allowed in our island.

  7. #7
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    with IED fitted, Jurong Island is within terrorist striking distance. this type of model plane would never be allowed in our island.
    the payload will be too heavy for a battery operated heli to lift off in the first place..... and there are already RC enthusiasts with fuel-powered 2-stroke planes and helicopters flying every weekend around singapore
    Last edited by ed9119; 8th January 2010 at 10:39 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: a remote controlled quadrotor helicopter with built in wifi ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    I am sure if you make this thing in SG, soon mata will knock on your door and offer free coffees..
    Though from an engineer's point of view, the tech is very old.
    some times it is the idea that impresses people not the technolody.

    this is just another show off for iphone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •