Thread: Problem with my photoshop colour

Default Problem with my photoshop colour

Hi all, appreciate if someone can advise why my photoshop color is like that, it is more obvious for photos taken at night especially with higher ISO.

Note : My color settings is North America General Purpose 2 (sRGB IEC61966-1)

See the comparison below :

Default Re: Problem with my photoshop colour

anyone can advise?

No one know why ar? i have been very fed up with this problem....appreciate if someone can help

Have a look into Digital Darkroom. Such problems are discussed there.
    EOS

Thanks

sorry, i don't know am i a noob or what. I can't really tell the colour difference with this 2 pics.

it might help if your comparison picture used is in colour instead of B&W?
    Slow...yeah, steady... not really
    My Flickr | APAD2010

Dun see any color differences. But I do see a tinge of cellulite though..

maybe u like to describe the color variances so the bros can share?
    http://www.mettalifephotography.com/

actually there's a kinda difference in gamma between the 2. but that's it. it's not really a color issue, but definately profile related.
    sigh.

Is this the color difference you mean? It doesn't seem like enough to worry about ... less than one-hundredth of 1 percent in the blue channel.

Thanks guys, i switch my photoshop to windows color and now the color for all my photos are identical in Photoshop and Canon digital photo pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloyz View Post
    Thanks guys, i switch my photoshop to windows color and now the color for all my photos are identical in Photoshop and Canon digital photo pro.
    Would you mind sharing how you do it? Thanks.

If you mean you set your default working space to Windows color, that is really not a good idea. You need to read up on color management for Photoshop.

You should have this set for a color space ... usually sRGB or AdobeRGB.

Michael Limenta,
    i just go to view>proof setup and choose Windows RGB, then the color seem to match my other picture editor color. Not sure if im doing the right thing...

Peano,
    My colorspace is already set to sRGB. I thinki really need to understand more about color management.....

Another problem, not sure if it is related....

I recently noticed that my Windows version of Safari is giving the same problem as well, it displays different color from my IE...

Pictures previewed in Safari tend to have green / black patches over the darker part of the picture ( similar to what i see in photoshop )

Dear Aloyz,

Firstly, calibrate & profile your monitor. Without doing this, don't even think to address your photoshop color settings.

cheers

from what i have know so far by readings on cs, IE doesnt have a color management profile. firefox 3.5 do have a color management profile plug-in which can use your own calibrated monitor profile. for safari im not sure.

Michael Limenta,
    i just go to view>proof setup and choose Windows RGB, then the color seem to match my other picture editor color. Not sure if im doing the right thing...

Peano,
    My colorspace is already set to sRGB. I thinki really need to understand more about color management.....

Another problem, not sure if it is related....

I recently noticed that my Windows version of Safari is giving the same problem as well, it displays different color from my IE...

Pictures previewed in Safari tend to have green / black patches over the darker part of the picture ( similar to what i see in photoshop )
    Thanks for your info Aloyz!

Peano,
    Yes, and also you haven't said whether your monitor is calibrated. If not, you should calibrate it.